07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 218219220221222 ...
tools
    Thanks. Not today but perhaps tomorrow or Monday.
    Do you mean to say that I can actually look forward to a Monday? :P
    glarepate likes this.
    05-31-2012 05:44 PM
    TDM, not to sound like a ****, but it says the newest version should be up by the end of the month (May 2012).

That's today.

Maybe you should change it "To Be Announced" or such. Unless you acutally mean to put it up in a few hours
    Keyword there is 'should'. Its an estimate. Don't like it? Go cry to mommy.
    05-31-2012 06:33 PM
    Keyword there is 'should'. Its an estimate. Don't like it? Go cry to mommy.

I'm not complaining, I'm just saying, if it's up tomorrow, in June, then he would have to change it. Just reminding him.
    05-31-2012 07:08 PM
    TDM will have the ROM posted when he's good and ready.. Today, tomorrow, next week.. Development sometimes takes odd turns that can cause delays, not to mention everyone has a personal life aside from Android.
    05-31-2012 07:15 PM
    tdm not bug you but you but you said that you were working on a ics kernel. Will that be a 2.x.xx.x kernel or a 3.x.xx.x kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2012 07:19 PM
    tdm not bug you but you but you said that you were working on a ics kernel. Will that be a 2.x.xx.x kernel or a 3.x.xx.x kernel?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    It's ics so 3.0.8. Unfortunately I've been spending most of my time building roms and haven't had a chance to work on it lately. But that will hopefully change soon, I plan to spend less time building roms. Don't worry though, quattrimus updates should keep coming, perhaps even faster. How can that be? It's a surprise.
    05-31-2012 07:32 PM
    It's ics so 3.0.8. Unfortunately I've been spending most of my time building roms and haven't had a chance to work on it lately. But that will hopefully change soon, I plan to spend less time building roms. Don't worry though, quattrimus updates should keep coming, perhaps even faster. How can that be? It's a surprise.
    TDM flashed that last aokp build looked awesome but it kept rebootn on me like 4x with a hour I did a complete wipe coming from tua icsdont know if its me or just the Tom. But any who waiting on the final release both cm9 and aopk
    05-31-2012 08:03 PM
    Is it an updater that will just push changes to our phones and you dont have to compile a whole rom every time something changes by chance

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    braxton355 likes this.
    05-31-2012 08:42 PM
    Is it an updater that will just push changes to our phones and you dont have to compile a whole rom every time something changes by chance

That's what I'm guessing

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2012 08:44 PM
    sorry, already asked this but didn't get a response. will a Bluetooth keyboard work with quattrimus? thanks
    05-31-2012 11:56 PM
    sorry, already asked this but didn't get a response. will a Bluetooth keyboard work with quattrimus? thanks
    Yes, I've tried it before
    06-01-2012 12:27 AM
    Hey just wondering if its just me but is anyone else sometimes have there phone just stop getting texts?
    06-01-2012 01:08 AM
    So, does anyone know of an alternate host that might work for this? If not, I need to totally rework the download code.
    @tdm I can offer web space with FTP access, if your interested.
    tdm likes this.
    06-01-2012 02:26 AM
    Hello,
    I am new to all of this so sorry for any misunderstandings beforehand.
    I downloaded and flashed the newest version of ICS quattrimus CM9 build.
    I am having problems charging the phone when using this ROM (will not charge beyond 7% ). In addition,text messages are not being received. Thank you for your great work!
    06-01-2012 04:10 AM
    Did you full wipe before installing?
    06-01-2012 05:45 AM
    First off thanks to @sellers86 and @bhasden for all the tips and help with me getting to the bottom of the browser issues, they worked.

Here's my take on this ROM. Amazing. I love the way the ROM flows, looks and feels. It's taken some getting used to because a lot of the the old features have been streamlined to create a more fluid OS that is ICS. Aside from the occasional lag, moving in and out and scolling is really good. I won't get into the weird things going on with Gmail because I've seen it talked about already in this thread, but I will say that the color difference between an old email and a new one is hard to distinguish, but that's probably Google's deal, not the Devs. @bhasden told me to mess with the memory settings in performance and it helped my Instagram issues, thanks. Pulse news FC after a few seconds of use and sometimes doesn't load the stories, but I expected a lot of apps to NOT work properly as of yet. I do miss the news and weather widget that comes stock on the old android OS and haven't figured out a replacement in the market.

With all that said and my A.D.H.D causing me to keep going, I want to, and I think I speak for everyone in this thread, thank you TDM and anyone else working through and through on this ROM. I appreciate everything you've done in the past present and future. I'm giving you a big virtual hug and pouring you a beer I just bought that's a Bourbon Barely Wine with an alcohol percentage of 11%. Love you all!
    tdm and sellers86 like this.
    06-01-2012 09:42 AM
    Great job tdm, have had release 10 pre up and running about a week just a couple reboots due to pushing processor beyond it comfort zone, Tried to jump on this forum from youtube link and got blocked by google, their saying to much hacking of personal info. Changed settings and ended up having to go long way around to get here. No actual proof just blocked you???
    Garymeister and tdm like this.
    06-01-2012 10:31 AM
    Love your user name

@youarepoop
    06-01-2012 10:38 AM

No, the RomKeeper is independent of the other things I talked about. The RomKeeper is mostly just that -- an app to download and store ROMs. Its main claim to fame is going to be the ability to use rdiff deltas. Which is pretty huge in itself. The deltas for the last quattrimus release (alpha9 to alpha10) were around 40mb, and the delta for the last BackSide ROM is just under 10mb. If you don't have a super fast network connection (and VM's 3G does not count as super fast), that can make a big difference in download time.

I'm also toying around with a recovery-free installer that will do an install at shutdown time (just before issuing the reboot command) instead of forcing the user to reboot into recovery mode. I'm not sure it will ever see the light of day, because it trades quite a bit of complexity for minimal time savings (like 1 or 2 minutes).
    mlson and jto101680 like this.
    06-01-2012 10:43 AM
    I do miss the news and weather widget that comes stock on the old android OS and haven't figured out a replacement in the market.
    N&W is in the GenieWidget package, which is part of gapps. I have it on my home screen right now...

With all that said and my A.D.H.D causing me to keep going, I want to, and I think I speak for everyone in this thread, thank you TDM and anyone else working through and through on this ROM. I appreciate everything you've done in the past present and future. I'm giving you a big virtual hug and pouring you a beer I just bought that's a Bourbon Barely Wine with an alcohol percentage of 11%. Love you all!
    Mmmmmm barleywine. Dangerous stuff tho.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-01-2012 10:47 AM
    Great job tdm, have had release 10 pre up and running about a week just a couple reboots due to pushing processor beyond it comfort zone, Tried to jump on this forum from youtube link and got blocked by google, their saying to much hacking of personal info. Changed settings and ended up having to go long way around to get here. No actual proof just blocked you???
    Yeah AC somehow made it onto a malware watch list. Firefox and Chrome are both barking about it. I read that the AC admins are aware of it and working on a fix (of course).
    06-01-2012 10:49 AM
    Yeah I had just accessed a malware infected page and got stopped by chrome and then tried to access AC and got the same thing, thought I had a virus for a minute. That's dumb that they got put on this list.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-01-2012 11:12 AM
    I don't know if this is similar to the blocking of things u guys are having, but I usually run set dsn and run off the Google server and this morning I woke up and it wasn't allowing me to connect. Its like my phone is forcing me to connect to the default dsn. Interesting?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-01-2012 11:35 AM
    Yeah I had just accessed a malware infected page and got stopped by chrome and then tried to access AC and got the same thing, thought I had a virus for a minute. That's dumb that they got put on this list.
    Yeah I'm confused, but eh....
    06-01-2012 11:41 AM
    Guys make sure you check out your computers virus wise. I bypassed that malicious website screen, it flashed AC, and then immediately flashed something else on some other site immediately after. I pulled to trojans and a ad off after. Virus scanner was up to date and was running when it happened
    06-01-2012 12:50 PM
8,044 ... 218219220221222 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD