ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda liking the spotty 3g, especially with Wi-Fi. Had it running at least 17 hours with no charge yesterday. Which is good because you don't necessarily need 3g when wifi is on. :)

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

zazilez

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Guys, was not what I expected, I thought it was gonna crash left and right non stop, it hasn't disappointed at all though, been running for 7 hours, yeah I stayed up late, testing this, all my app from titanium backup work, everything works except what u listed, if u work out the kinks, this is my everyday rom. This is so stable I'm actually using it off tapatalk, dont mind the signature ;)

Sent from my vm670 running cm7.2 IHO BACKside

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

Just installed alpha4 and my my is it nice! =]
Questions though:
whenever I reboot the USB Mass Storage comes up and says USB disconnected. Is that normal?
Also, when I type something, the bottom portion of the buttons 123, spacebar, and next are cut off.
When I turn the screen off, the screen flickers (almost sporadically). Is this also a known issue? or is it normal perchance?

Overall though, very nice! Just wanted to know if these issues have been addressed or I'm the only one experiencing these

=]

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having charging issues? It says its charging but my percent keeps dropping. I go back to IHO and it charges.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Yeah I noticed something weird... back a couple pages I said something about battery. Yesterday my battery on ics was down to 4% then I plugged it in and went back to backside and by the time it booted up... five minutes later.... the batter was at 34%, I was like there's no way it charged that quick.

Sent from an Optimistic Optimistic.

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm very impressed! I've been running alpha4 since it was posted. No issues other than mms, camera and having to"jump start" 3g. Hope those fixes come soon. Also couldn't get the hotspot to work but worked around it. Thanks for all the hard work

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I tried that but no joy. Oh well hopefully next build is better :) hey what are the different levels of builds and the differences? Like alpha, beta, etc.? :)
Traditionally, beta means feature comple (ie focus is on testing and bug fixing) whereas alpha entails some functionality still being coded, but enough is there to let outside users test it. Nowadays the terms are used more loosely: first we put out an alpha, then later a beta, then a release candidate, then release.

Regarding 3G, I had to first cycle airplane mode, THEN cycle mobile data. That would get it working.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you guys tried thekravens mic fix yet?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Haven't seen it and I don't see anything on his github. I'll keep an eye out though, it's high on the priority list.

Reactions: Masema

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Just installed alpha4 and my my is it nice! =]
Questions though:
whenever I reboot the USB Mass Storage comes up and says USB disconnected. Is that normal?
Also, when I type something, the bottom portion of the buttons 123, spacebar, and next are cut off.
When I turn the screen off, the screen flickers (almost sporadically). Is this also a known issue? or is it normal perchance?

Overall though, very nice! Just wanted to know if these issues have been addressed or I'm the only one experiencing these

=]

The USB Mass Storage (UMS) notification is a custom application. Google supports a new mass storage protocol called Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) in ICS and apparently it's the default now. I haven't figured out how to re-enable UMS yet. See this article for all the gory details straight from a Google engineer.

The keyboard layout issue is known. I'm trying to contact vllwp@xda who has solved the issue, but no response yet. I have higher priority things to do right now, but if he doesn't respond in the next few days, I may try to tackle the issue myself. There's an easy workaround though -- just use a different keyboard. :)

dirtygreg

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know what folder voicemail notifications are stored in? Everytime I flash it keeps saying I have voicemails but Ive already deleted, wouldn't be so bad but it wont let me swipe it off the notification bar!

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Sorry if I read wrong but thought I saw a previous post that said camera was working. If I'm wrong then I apologize

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Keep getting "application not installed".

The first thing that I noticed in alpha4, is the boot animation is not as smooth and liquid-like as alpha3. Just a mere observation.

Yes, I took the smaller one from the xda thread to save 1mb. I might put the larger one when I can reclaim more space, or maybe find another one.

Reactions: nitestalkr

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

doing a we bit of testing here at scchool dropped approximetily 6% in half an hour 10% in an hour needless to say... not usable for dasy to day use on a school day untill a kernel is out that will help on battery wait is that a good percentage for ics or bad for the OV i reailly cant tell

EDIT: wiping battery status now in recovery... seeing if that helps

Last edited:

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Didn't JerryScript post something about battery discharge not being realistically represented until a few days after the initial flash? Apparently there's a lot of background operations going on for the first little while after you flash it, so after a few days, the discharge rate is representative of daily use.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yeah that's what he said. However I flash iho and have the same battery life I always have even right after flashing.

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus

Status
Not open for further replies.