ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
question:

how necessary will it be to run an external (SD) partition with this ROM?

i'm running IHO CM7 (backside...terrible name btw) and love it... waiting for the right time to upgrade to this ICS ROM but want to make sure i understand what changes i need to make to my setup first.

any info you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

beyond that...i am also wondering how to change the fonts universally on this rom...i used ROMTOOLBOX PRO because i like to roll with the droid font and CM9 will let me use that font for app labels in the drawer and desktop but not in the system settings. i like to keep things symmetrical so if there is any way to change ALL the fonts across the board i would be curious to know how.

thanks again team...i love my OV more and more every time i visit this site.

Shawnsch

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Google Music Force Close Fix

From my research, there is a problem with the Hosts file not being formatted properly. Could be wrong, but I changed the format to Unix text as opposed to the Windows/DOS format it was originally in, and it fixed it.

Use a root file manager to replace the 'hosts' file with the one included in the archive in the /etc/ folder, or use ADB. "adb push hosts /etc/"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72059024/hosts

how do i download this to put on my phone im confused

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
question:

Ive installed it without an ext. partition and with an ext. patition.. it'll boot just fine for me either way.

i'm running IHO CM7 (backside...terrible name btw) and love it... waiting for the right time to upgrade to this ICS ROM but want to make sure i understand what changes i need to make to my setup first.

Youre running one of the best ROMS. There is no 'right' time for this super unofficial ICS. My guess would be whenever you have time to try it out.. you MIGHT want to wait since its still an ALPHA.. Basically Alpha means that its not done yet. Its still being worked on with fixes almost every single day. So its almost a guarantee than you WILL run into problems. Other than that you can wait or w/e.

Im not taking the spot light from TDM if you will. Its amazing what hes done so far ... im just trying to let folks know that its ALPHA ..its almost ready to install for daily use... complaining and bug reporting are two distinctive actions so thank you, testers and bug reporters!

beyond that...i am also wondering how to change the fonts universally on this rom...i used ROMTOOLBOX PRO because i like to roll with the droid font and CM9 will let me use that font for app labels in the drawer and desktop but not in the system settings. i like to keep things symmetrical so if there is any way to change ALL the fonts across the board i would be curious to know how.

Its not really an issue that we've discussed i think. You might want to try searching on this thread using the search function, located at the top forum thread bar.

Last edited:
Reactions: drm1992

Compeek

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
question:

any info you guys can provide would be much appreciated.

If you don't plan on installing tons and tons of apps, you should have no problem without partitioning your SD card. However, the Dalvik cache tends to fill up rather quickly since, according to TDM, ICS takes up more space than previous versions, leaving less for the cache. I installed maybe 40 apps from the Play Store when I started getting "Package file is invalid." errors, which I figured out was because the cache partition was just about full. You'll probably run into that problem especially if you intend to have some large games or other apps installed. I partitioned my SD card yesterday, and now I can probably install as many apps as I could realistically want to have.

So, in one sentence, you can run this ROM just fine without the extra partition on your SD card, but you'll probably end up wanting to partition it if you like to have lots and lots of apps installed.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
how do i download this to put on my phone im confused

Copy the file I linked to your SD card.

Download ES File Explorer from Play. Open it up, Press the menu button, tap Settings, scroll down and check Up To Root, Root Explorer (it will bring up another box, press Yes and then Allow), and press Mount File System.

Press the Back button, and then press it again. Right under your status bar, you should see a little folder icon that says 'Local' and then after that there is another box that just has a '/' in it.

Scroll down and find the folder labeled 'etc'. Tap it. Scroll down to find the file called 'hosts'. Press and hold on it until a menu comes up, tap 'Rename' and rename it to 'hosts.bak'.

Tap the back button, scroll down, and tap 'sdcard'. Scroll down to find the file you downloaded from me (called 'hosts'), long press on it and when the menu comes up, press 'Copy'

Press the back button, find the 'etc' folder again and open it up. Press the 'Paste' button at the top of the screen. Reboot. Google Music should now stream / download as normal.

Reactions: OppyV

Shawnsch

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Copy the file I linked to your SD card.

Download ES File Explorer from Play. Open it up, Press the menu button, tap Settings, scroll down and check Up To Root, Root Explorer (it will bring up another box, press Yes and then Allow), and press Mount File System.

Press the Back button, and then press it again. Right under your status bar, you should see a little folder icon that says 'Local' and then after that there is another box that just has a '/' in it.

Scroll down and find the folder labeled 'etc'. Tap it. Scroll down to find the file called 'hosts'. Press and hold on it until a menu comes up, tap 'Rename' and rename it to 'hosts.bak'.

Tap the back button, scroll down, and tap 'sdcard'. Scroll down to find the file you downloaded from me (called 'hosts'), long press on it and when the menu comes up, press 'Copy'

Press the back button, find the 'etc' folder again and open it up. Press the 'Paste' button at the top of the screen. Reboot. Google Music should now stream / download as normal.

What do I save it as

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Not true.

if you change dpi you are in risk of reboots or force closing while launching an app like 'phone'..like those many many people here in this thread.

the app clearly warns you that you might get reboots/freezes and FC every time you launch something.

Ive tested this before and it was a reboot/freezes/hangs/ and force close mess.

its still an Alpha and messing with the DPI and then to report a bug (reboots and force closing) (after the dpi app description tells you its a risk)is kinda a non forward movement . The O/P clearly had no idea what he was doing, just saying :p

sorry if that sounded mean. Im just trying to help

Last edited:

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I feel like donating my current OV to you for future development, I'll look into it :)

Thats exactly why I'm trying to switch phones fast, there is no way I'm paying 10 dollars more (I'm kinda cheap..), they're really starting to get on my nerves, ever since they started throttling us, I haven't been too happy..

Better idea!
Buy the unlocked Galaxy Nexus and pay $30 per week :D

Shawnsch

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to get the stock music player on aokp?

Edit: never mind I grabbed the one from aosp and it works great

Last edited:

dr0shm0e

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Im lovin Ics Quattrimus it is what ive been waiting for for over a year and now its almost the final alpha and soon itll be beta. i feel like ive got a brand new 300 dollar phone theanks to all who helped make this happend
:p;):eek::D:):':)':)D:cool:

Reactions: tdm and braxton355

Shawnsch

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Im lovin Ics Quattrimus it is what ive been waiting for for over a year and now its almost the final alpha and soon itll be beta. i feel like ive got a brand new 300 dollar phone theanks to all who helped make this happend
:p;):eek::D:):':)':)D:cool:

I agree I runs really smooth and looks great

Reactions: tdm and dr0shm0e

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@tdm--- had to put this badboy in timeout today... started acting up yesterday... scrolling would slowdown to an eventual reboot... (scrolling while reading byor thread)... three reboots got me through pages 1-9... gave up and switched back to my stable... looking forward to the next!... thanks... :)

edit: i tried operamini and the native browser both btw... cleraring cache/delvik helped of course but it only lasted for a short while... :)

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
if you change dpi you are in risk of reboots or force closing while launching an app like 'phone'..like those many many people here in this thread.

the app clearly warns you that you might get reboots/freezes and FC every time you launch something.

Ive tested this before and it was a reboot/freezes/hangs/ and force close mess.

its still an Alpha and messing with the DPI and then to report a bug (reboots and force closing) (after the dpi app description tells you its a risk)is kinda a non forward movement . The O/P clearly had no idea what he was doing, just saying :p

sorry if that sounded mean. Im just trying to help

I am running on a DPI of 120 just fine. You have to replace Phone.apk with one from an LDPI ICS rom. The trick is to edit the build.prop in the rom zip file before you flash. That way, every app you install is set up for the DPI you're using as opposed to switching it after everything is installed.

There is a correct way to do this with no issues, most just don't know how.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

droiddekka

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Ive installed it without an ext. partition and with an ext. patition.. it'll boot just fine for me either way.
forum thread bar.

Right on. I don't run a Ton of apps but I have noticed MORE internal memory free under this ICS build than I do the IHO build so I think I'll be alright.

CANNOT WAIT TO MAKE THIS MY DAILY. The interface is super clean and it freaking SCREAMS.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress