ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any problems with Link2SD, switching between this ROM and BACKside? Does rebuilding the links work OK, or will I have to wipe the Link2SD partition on my card when I switch ROMs?

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to ZV9 and this rom works perfect now

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm, I guess that's more of a reason for me to upgrade to it now.. Even though I'll loose free bootloader access.

(Question: What works perfect now? Stability, freezing, reboots, etc?)

Since I upgraded to ZV9 (I'm using latest Alpha of AOKP), I get far fewer reboots: I used to have 10+ per day, now less than half that. There's still some general instability?I am using an alpha OS, after all?but I'm no longer so aggravated that I think of going back to GB several times a day. In fact, I'd say that ICS is nearly as stable for me as GB ever was. I don't know if that qualifies as perfect, but it's good enough for me.

In short, though the ZV9 upgrade was a little bit of a hassle, it went smoothly enough, with nandroid backups, and ultimately seems to have made my installation of Quattrimus AOKP run more smoothly and with better stability.

(Besides, it was fun to run a stock, un-rooted ROM for three or four minutes. Hadn't seen that in awhile!)

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any problems with Link2SD, switching between this ROM and BACKside? Does rebuilding the links work OK, or will I have to wipe the Link2SD partition on my card when I switch ROMs?

Link2sd kept force closing all of my apps on alpha 10. You don't need it though, tdm put an app2sd script in the rom

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: inceyet

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
:D GANNON yo good to see ya back bruh and to see you teaming up with tdm :D hit me up if needed

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to ZV9, got no reboots, better performance. Nothing special.

Flashed update
Booted
Rooted
Wiped
Flashed
Booted
Tested

Had no problems. :D

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if your planning to use the linaro toolchain anytime soon, but in case you didn't know, i have been reading that anything higher than optimization 2 breaks Netflix and some other video services for the time being

sent from my Nokia 5110

lobokun

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i installed aopk and i get youtube video frames skips but you can still hear audio fine.. has this been fixed or is it still a problem? thank you

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
for the last time. THIS IS NOT THE COLD AS ICE THREAD!!!!! Im sure tdm already knows what works on cai from the hundreds of other posts about it.

Im done ranting now :p

Now you guys are starting to understand me! :)

Btw, is there stuff missing in the kernel for ZV4/5? It seems to work perfect on ZV9.

Status
Not open for further replies.