ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
tdm, I have a question concerning Link2SD. I know you mentioned in a post to not use with quattrimus, as I previously used it for CAI, so I decided to flash pre2(and soon pre3) after doing a full wipe so that i have a clean cache. Now after I rebooted, I downloaded TiBackup from market, and begun to batch restore my apps. Once I got to about 3-6 left, TiBackup froze. I didn't have any other app to view sd-ext to see if it was being filled up, so i went and reinstalled Link2SD(without mounting scripts) just to view the /cache and sd-ext partition. It stated that sd-ext was not mounted. And so my cache and internal storage was pretty full. I formatted sd-ext to fat32, could that be the reason why quattrimus isn't using the partition automatically like you stated?

thekraven

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded b1p3 through rom keeper and once it was done i just hit install through rom keeper. it did this reboot thing and it installed fine. saw that camcorder was working and im real happy about that, the videos in the gallery wont play though. im about to wipe the system and do a fresh flash :) thank you tdm much appreciated :)

For now, install mx player to watch vids.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Alright starting the simple work on trying to fix WiFi tethering, I got this from a LogCat... im still very new to Android dev work, so will someone mind telling me what it is doing?

D/Tethering( 1894): sendTetherStateChangedBroadcast 1, 0, 0
D/Tethering( 1894): InitialState.processMessage what=4
D/Tethering( 1894): sendTetherStateChangedBroadcast 0, 0, 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 1894): Exception in softap start java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon
E/SoftapController( 1783): Softap already stopped
D/SoftapController( 1783): Softap driver stop: 0
E/WifiStateMachine( 1894): Exception in softap re-start java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon

Reactions: tdm

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
TDM, does this help at all with determining why some apps like ZXing Barcode Scanner are being laggy?

Code:
I/CameraHAL( 1789): qcamera_auto_focus:
I/CameraHAL( 1789): qcamera_enable_msg_type: msg_type:0x10
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_DataCb: msg_type:16 user:0x702c0
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: previewWidth:480 previewHeight:320 offset:0xab000 size:0x38400 base:0x429b8000
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: dequeueing buffer
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_CopyBuffers_Hw: srcFD:44 destFD:51 srcOffset:0xab000 destOffset:0x32a000 x:0 y:0 w:480 h:320
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: enqueued buffer
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_GenClientData: offset:0xab000 size:0x38400 base:0x429b8000
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_DataCb: Posting data to client
I/CameraHAL( 1789): qcamera_disable_msg_type: msg_type:0x10
I/CameraHAL( 1789): qcamera_enable_msg_type: msg_type:0x10
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_DataCb: msg_type:16 user:0x702c0
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: previewWidth:480 previewHeight:320 offset:0x39000 size:0x38400 base:0x429b8000
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: dequeueing buffer
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_CopyBuffers_Hw: srcFD:44 destFD:51 srcOffset:0x39000 destOffset:0x10e000 x:0 y:0 w:480 h:320
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_HandlePreviewData: enqueued buffer
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_GenClientData: offset:0x39000 size:0x38400 base:0x429b8000
I/CameraHAL( 1789): CameraHAL_DataCb: Posting data to client

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Did you change anything? I haven't gotten stock or Go to work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

No. Not at all. But, it did take longer to send than on IHO. I sent myself a picture, sent, and received it.

@TDM, I had one lockup so far. Took a couple photos, locked phone. Later on it wouldn't come on, did a battery pull. Im gonna reflash to see if the lag is still there.

[I think you guys got me addicted to ICS]

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: strabo231

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
TDM, I don't know whether there's any noticable difference in my audio quality from prebeta2 to prebeta3, but I have to say, right now (on prebeta3), it's sounding very crisp and clear!

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
tdm, I have a question concerning Link2SD. I know you mentioned in a post to not use with quattrimus, as I previously used it for CAI, so I decided to flash pre2(and soon pre3) after doing a full wipe so that i have a clean cache. Now after I rebooted, I downloaded TiBackup from market, and begun to batch restore my apps. Once I got to about 3-6 left, TiBackup froze. I didn't have any other app to view sd-ext to see if it was being filled up, so i went and reinstalled Link2SD(without mounting scripts) just to view the /cache and sd-ext partition. It stated that sd-ext was not mounted. And so my cache and internal storage was pretty full. I formatted sd-ext to fat32, could that be the reason why quattrimus isn't using the partition automatically like you stated?

I posted this right before you posted tdm, so you may not have seen this. Just trying to figure out if i need to change sd-ext partition to ext2 or is there something else going on, before i flash b1p3 and still not have sd-ext working properly by quattrimus.

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I posted this right before you posted tdm, so you may not have seen this. Just trying to figure out if i need to change sd-ext partition to ext2 or is there something else going on, before i flash b1p3 and still not have sd-ext working properly by quattrimus.

Easiest way is to just format it in your phone, but if your using the computer it should be ext 2 or 3. I think I remeber reading that 3 was stock for our phone? Make it a primary. Sent you a PM with instructions using CWM

Edit: Stock to CWM, not phone

Last edited:
Reactions: YoshinJaa

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
from using wifi tethering on my stock-rom tablet with ics 404, the portable hotspot acts as follows, and seems this is the way it should work on the phone as well:

disables wifi connection
shares some other existing connection(3g/4g)
turns on and uses wifi adapter as server to other devices(inverted wifi icon)

it would make sense this way.. if you have wifi near your phone, obviously itd be near your tablet.. thus no reason to tether the wifi from your phone to your tablet, only 3g/4g

sorry if this is already known, just trying to input what i can to help

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... well, it would be most interesting to know exactly when it broke. If a10final worked, then the break was when I integrated thekraven's code. Otherwise, I'd have to do some digging to see what I changed .. if I can even find that information anymore. (yeah I need to tag releases, I'll try to remember that once we hit beta).

TDM, Square reader update: AOKP alpha10, alpha10pre3 and alpha10pre1 doesn't work at all. The reader should vibrate when a card is scanned and it doesn't. However the app does recognize when anything (including headphones) has been plugged in to the headphone jack and shows that the "reader" has been plugged in. AOKP alpha9 works good but is a little flakey compared to alpha8 as alpha9 did have the pop up saying "Please Retry Swipe Quickly" but still worked. So far I have not been able to get CM9 alpha10 to even let me download the square app to install. I do know that CM9 alpha7 did work fine and I think up through alpha9 like AOKP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo