ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
It is the Android ID changing between ROMS. TiBu now will detect that and allow you to keep the new ID or restore the original. Screen capture is my Kindle, but it happens on the LS670 too, or did, until TiBu implemented this. Good stuff!

Hmm, well its still doing it this morning too? Last night I did a complete wipe and then restored my nand. Still a no go?
I've already tried clearing cache from the market. I also even reflashed gapps just in case an still nothing??
Any other thoughts before I have to do a wipe an fresh install (only hoping that will fix it )

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well its still doing it this morning too? Last night I did a complete wipe and then restored my nand. Still a no go?
I've already tried clearing cache from the market. I also even reflashed gapps just in case an still nothing??
Any other thoughts before I have to do a wipe an fresh install (only hoping that will fix it )

I don't know where the ID is stored, but it does not seem to be in the nand. I had that early testing CAI, but using CM7. It might take more research to find where it is stored. I had the problem in my kindle, there were many posts with people having the problem with switching ROMS. Other than TiBu catching it, I have seen no other responses to the problem.

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
On the root of phone go into system settings/ media, you'll see the bootanimation.zip delete or move that file and replace it with what you want then reboot. You can do this as many times as you want and IT WILL WORK.

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2

Doesn't work on either ES File Explorer or File Manager. Yes, I did enable up to root on both. I tried moving the original, renaming and deleting. It does work to move the new bootanimation to data/local.

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried clearing data and cache for Google Services Framework under "manage apps"?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing data and cache for Google Services Framework under "manage apps"?

Alright...so I tried that as well...no go. I have done everything....Eris Market fix; various other market fixes; clearing the data/cache from Google Play; and even the Google Services Framework data/cache clearing.

Still...every time I go to install an application; I get "Invalid Package File" errors.

Oh...and I did try re-installing Gaaps like someone suggested....twice. No go. I refuse to reflash the ROM as it works perfectly except for this.

Any more suggestions?

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Alright...so I tried that as well...no go. I have done everything....Eris Market fix; various other market fixes; clearing the data/cache from Google Play; and even the Google Services Framework data/cache clearing.

Still...every time I go to install an application; I get "Invalid Package File" errors.

Oh...and I did try re-installing Gaaps like someone suggested....twice. No go. I refuse to reflash the ROM as it works perfectly except for this.

Any more suggestions?

If you've already wiped the cache and dalvick in recovery, cleared data and cache for Google play and Google services framework, tried various market fixes your only option is to reflash. Start with a dirty flash and see if that works. If not I'm afraid a clean install would be your only choice.

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
If you've already wiped the cache and dalvick in recovery, cleared data and cache for Google play and Google services framework, tried various market fixes your only option is to reflash. Start with a dirty flash and see if that works. If not I'm afraid a clean install would be your only choice.

Out of curiosity...what is a "dirty flash?" I would assume that means flash on top of the already flashed ROM?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No you cannot create files in the proc file system. Don't bother trying. I'll need to enable the ipv6 kernel config options.

Yes I'll be creating separate threads for beta. I expected that to be yesterday but aokp ran into the drmserver issue.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't work on either ES File Explorer or File Manager. Yes, I did enable up to root on both. I tried moving the original, renaming and deleting. It does work to move the new bootanimation to data/local.

Enabling up to root isn't the only thing you need to do. There is also a checkbox for "make system read/writable" that must be checked since we are working in the system directory. Hope this helps.

Rob

Reactions: rebel69ization

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Any more suggestions?

How much do you have on your internal storage? That had caused that problem in the past also.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, didn't get the drmserver issue on AOKP solved today. I'll continue looking at that.

But I did get the audio patch and local manifest checked in.

github.com/thunderc/cm_manifest has the local_manifest.xml file.

device/lge/thunderc-common/libaudio/README in the build tree has the patch.

So ... I'm hoping everything is setup correctly. Please let me know if anyone gets a good CM9 build.

thanks for this. ill give it a whirl later tonight. Just got a new corsair gt ssd hard drive and am amidst reinstalling everything. :cool:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Any more suggestions?

Well, I ended up going back to mirage for now an its working again. Yes, I cleared everything.
Mine wasn't the package error, it just said error processing.
I'll definitely be back, I can't get enough of the aokp. I absolutely love it!!

jensonco

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
How much do you have on your internal storage? That had caused that problem in the past also.

78MB still free. The two apps I still need only add up to roughly 30MB once installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.