ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

devriesj

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, keep up the good work.

Only thing I see voice search does not work.

To fix:

1. uninstall voice search using "titanium backup" or "root uninstaller" or other uninstaller with root.

2. Install version form the Google play store.

3. Search with your voice.

Reactions: illinoissparks18

brgavino

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
need someone to test this,

VM670 ONLY - OPTIMUS V

it has brgavino's suggested vpn kernel changes. Tested flashing and booting properly on my VM670. Need someone to try a pptp vpn connection

cm-9-20120625-UNOFFICIAL-VM670.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Thomas Crider

I'll have to try it out when I get home; I compiled a kernel with changes too, but I'll try yours first.

Do you have a repo I could look at to see if our changes match?

Thanks!

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll have to try it out when I get home; I compiled a kernel with changes too, but I'll try yours first.

Do you have a repo I could look at to see if our changes match?

Thanks!

I haven't set the repo up yet, i just grabbe the latest gingerbread kernel from tdm's github and made the changes locally. Ill fork it and upload later today, been needing to do that anyway. My github link is in my profile links in the right corner of this post. Also just noticed on my rom for some reason the baseband version doesn't show up. not sure why.probably something to do with me not compiling from local manifest

Last edited:

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I haven't set the repo up yet, i just grabbe the latest gingerbread kernel from tdm's github and made the changes locally. Ill fork it and upload later today, been needing to do that anyway. My github link is in my profile links in the right corner of this post. Also just noticed on my rom for some reason the baseband version doesn't show up. not sure why.probably something to do with me not compiling from local manifest

Please send me a pull request.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please verify that this works to enable deep sleep? Thx!

Helps a little. It was a typo, missing the p at the front of pm.

Testing this set to 1 instead of 0, better deep sleep time in ~2 hrs than 18 yesterday, but will test until tomorrow morning, letting it sit through the night.

Code:
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

Last edited:
Reactions: Badboytoast

Germitty

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Question: I just created sd-ext because my phone ran out of memory for installing apps and the like, and on this thread I found it said that if you have sd-ext, Quattrimus auto installs to sd-ext.

I installed a few more apps and it's not installing to sd-ext though, anyone know why that is? The only thing I can find on it is a dalvik-cache folder.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
When I tried this, the Home button doesn't work and Wifi couldn't find any networks so I didn't get any further.

I flashed it on top of the last cm9 beta 3, both work for me. still have to work out some cm9 compiling kinks. was just a quick compile to see if vpn worked. probably wont work as a clean flash

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Question: I just created sd-ext because my phone ran out of memory for installing apps and the like, and on this thread I found it said that if you have sd-ext, Quattrimus auto installs to sd-ext.

I installed a few more apps and it's not installing to sd-ext though, anyone know why that is? The only thing I can find on it is a dalvik-cache folder.

You have to move everything out of the /data/app folder and onto /sd-ext/app. The /data/app directory on your phone has to be empty in order for the script to link it to /sd-ext/app. The easiest way to do that it to backup all of your apps using Titanium Backup and wipe and reflash your phone and the sd-ext partition of you sdcard.

BassOuji

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Another problem I've found is vibrate doesn't work. I've tried popupsms and the regular notification for messaging and still have nothing. Haptic feedback works and vibrate works on other roms. So its not an issue with my phone.

bhasden

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please verify that this works to enable deep sleep? Thx!

I applied this change locally, restarted my phone a few times, reset CPU Spy, and let it sit for half an hour. CPU Spy says my phone was in deep sleep for ~50% of the time. Not sure if that's an improvement or not since I didn't do an initial test, so I'll leave the conclusions about whether the change helped or not to others who are more knowledgeable.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I applied this change locally, restarted my phone a few times, reset CPU Spy, and let it sit for half an hour. CPU Spy says my phone was in deep sleep for ~50% of the time. Not sure if that's an improvement or not since I didn't do an initial test, so I'll leave the conclusions about whether the change helped or not to others who are more knowledgeable.

I have not made any changes yet, but I wanted to let you know that CPU Spy says I spent 62% of my last 8 hours in deep sleep. This is running CM9 Pre3.

I'll make the changes and see what it says in a few hours.

Rob

Reactions: bhasden

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I have not made any changes yet, but I wanted to let you know that CPU Spy says I spent 62% of my last 8 hours in deep sleep. This is running CM9 Pre3.

I'll make the changes and see what it says in a few hours.

Rob

Clock speeds? Governor? Anything to control that or rom settings? Have you seen improved CPUSpy that gpp has done?

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.