05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 67686970
tools
    If you are looking for a download link, search for "aosp cmod vm670 20110601.zip downloads". It is the mediafire link.
    07-21-2011 03:41 PM
    I tried iho just too choppy/laggy compared to this rom. also rom manager can't find any roms under download just gapps and superuser so I can't even use the most recent version of this rom.
    There are NO plans on my part to support ROM Manager anytime soon. It's... how can I put this... crapware? Whether or not Jerry wants to include it and publish his ROMs that way is totally up to him.

AFAIK even gapps is outdated in ROM Manager (compared to the CM wiki).

What version of what kernel were you using that was too laggy?
    07-21-2011 09:18 PM
    Did some searching - it appears that the 20110601 is the latest version still?
    07-22-2011 03:25 PM
    Yes. I highly recommend making the switch to backside or ath3nos.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    07-22-2011 03:39 PM
    well i was just about to try my 1st rom and was going to use this one....now it seems its not a good one to use anymore?
    07-23-2011 01:18 PM
    I was very happy with aosp, Ath3nos was better. BACKside seems to be even better. Battery life is very good, very few fc's, fewer bugs, and best of all rapidly accelerated development with feedback from the developers.

07-23-2011 01:56 PM
    well i was just about to try my 1st rom and was going to use this one....now it seems its not a good one to use anymore?
    It is still a good rom, just not being developed daily like some of the others.
    However a good rom doesnt have to have daily, weekly, monthly updates.
    Once it is GTG the only changes should be minor bug fixes and code tweaks.
    07-23-2011 04:31 PM
    It is still a good rom, just not being developed daily like some of the others.
    However a good rom doesnt have to have daily, weekly, monthly updates.
    Once it is GTG the only changes should be minor bug fixes and code tweaks.
    The thing is... AOSP sucks...balls. And IHO is 10000000000% better.
    07-23-2011 04:44 PM
    Hey now, we all owe thanks to aosp for his work. Barf is the man note, but aosp gave us the best we could hope for up till now.
    07-23-2011 04:59 PM
    Go with Harmonia 1.3.1, it's just as fast, clean and OC-able as this ROM. Most of the features of 2.3 and up are useless in the OV anyways.
    07-23-2011 11:40 PM
    Go with Harmonia 1.3.1, it's just as fast, clean and OC-able as this ROM. Most of the features of 2.3 and up are useless in the OV anyways.
    every new feature of Gingerbread is put to good use on the V. performance stuff like garbage collection and stuff keep apps running smoother and quicker. the text editing is worlds better for people who type alot (like me). only thing we dont get is NFC becuase we dont have the hardware.

google updated android to 2.3 for good reasons. maybe the particular ROM isnt up to snuff yet, but if you didnt try it, your missing out on a lot of great new stuff android has to offer as a platform.

2.2 isnt the holy grail of android. its still widely used, but so is Windows XP. haha.

I just think its wrong to say the features of 2.3 are useless on the OV. clearly untrue.
    JerryScript likes this.
    07-24-2011 12:28 AM
    every new feature of Gingerbread is put to good use on the V. performance stuff like garbage collection and stuff keep apps running smoother and quicker. the text editing is worlds better for people who type alot (like me). only thing we dont get is NFC becuase we dont have the hardware.

google updated android to 2.3 for good reasons. maybe the particular ROM isnt up to snuff yet, but if you didnt try it, your missing out on a lot of great new stuff android has to offer as a platform.

2.2 isnt the holy grail of android. its still widely used, but so is Windows XP. haha.

I just think its wrong to say the features of 2.3 are useless on the OV. clearly untrue.
    +1
    07-24-2011 02:09 AM
    The thing is... AOSP sucks...balls. And IHO is 10000000000% better.
    Really? Not what you where saying before..

Amazing ROM
    Can't wait for an update. I love AOSP
    /shake my head
    07-24-2011 02:51 AM
    There's a better one out there called Ath3nos that is based off Ziefie's build. It has working MMS and no auto focus/zoom bug... It's also amzingly fast O.o
    07-26-2011 02:10 AM
    There's a better one out there called Ath3nos that is based off Ziefie's build. It has working MMS and no auto focus/zoom bug... It's also amzingly fast O.o
    ath3nos and BACKside-IHO are built off the same source. If you use ath3nos, you have to use a script to convert to the Optimus V. BACKside-IHO is built from the exact same source but uses the blobs for the Optimus V so there is no conversion script necessary.
    07-26-2011 09:30 AM
    Really? Not what you where saying before..

/shake my head
    I should rephrase what I said, in comparison it sucks.
    07-26-2011 12:41 PM
    I have ROM Manager installed ( premium ) and have flashed the CWM recovery and tested it ( reboot recovery from adb shell ) but I do not ever see any ROMs available for download in the ROM Manager app.

Is there a way to simply download the .zip file of this ROM so I flash from CWM recovery?
    07-26-2011 02:48 PM
    In Rom Manager, press menu on the phone and select Manual Flash Override. When the device selection pops up, choose LG Optimus One, then select ClockWorkMod 3.x.x.x. Once you're done you can then press Download ROM in Rom Manager and download AOSP CM7 for the Optimus V. This has been covered multiple times in this same thread and on xda.
    07-26-2011 05:34 PM
    In Rom Manager, press menu on the phone and select Manual Flash Override. When the device selection pops up, choose LG Optimus One, then select ClockWorkMod 3.x.x.x. Once you're done you can then press Download ROM in Rom Manager and download AOSP CM7 for the Optimus V. This has been covered multiple times in this same thread and on xda.
    Yes but the optimus one is only an option if you currently have a gingerbread rom. Froyo roms, from my experience, don't give you the option.

07-27-2011 09:56 PM
    There is a link in this forum where you can directly download the rom to your computer. Use search to find it. Once downloaded, copy to your sdcard, then boot in to recovery and flash zip file to phone. Just search for "aospcmodvm67020110601.zip".
    07-27-2011 11:23 PM
    There is a link in this forum where you can directly download the rom to your computer. Use search to find it. Once downloaded, copy to your sdcard, then boot in to recovery and flash zip file to phone.
    Or use a rom that gives you direct download on the OP plus more features and actively developed.
    07-27-2011 11:26 PM
    There's so many pages in this thread. I'm completely lost right now, because the file is not accessible in the free version of ROM Manager I guess. So I have no idea which file is the one I'm supposed to download to flash. I am currently on Rodimus and that is the only one I've flashed before, and it was from a .zip. Any help on which file and how to flash would be great. Thanks.
    07-28-2011 02:27 AM
    There's so many pages in this thread. I'm completely lost right now, because the file is not accessible in the free version of ROM Manager I guess. So I have no idea which file is the one I'm supposed to download to flash. I am currently on Rodimus and that is the only one I've flashed before, and it was from a .zip. Any help on which file and how to flash would be great. Thanks.
    Here is the direct link to the file you would download through ROM Manager:

http://romshare.deployfu.com/downloa...601-signed.zip
    iiturnull likes this.
    07-28-2011 03:05 AM
    The OP should always b updated
    07-28-2011 06:31 AM
    The OP should always b updated
    But isn't and won't be. Better off going to a rom that is still actively being developed. People say they won't switch to backside (IHO) because it isn't as stable yet...without people using it Jerry and Blarf will have a hard time getting it completely stable.
    07-28-2011 11:24 AM
1,740 ... 67686970
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD