ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
For this ROM and the zefie, the GPS doesn't work at all. It comes on and goes right back off.

Yeah I tried getting directions via navigation on Google Maps. Icon kept flashing on and off. It took forever just to get the correct address after inputting one. It didn't load directions or anything. So I just gave up.

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on both roms. To fix it u need to reflash the debug zip I can't remember which rom has it but one of the gb fond has it linked. Then go thru ur recovery and wipe EVERYTHING. then flash the rom. For 5 or 6 more hours out of ur battery wipe battery stats then flash the rom with a full battery and turn national data roaming on and set it to home only network and turn off the flip to mute. Using these steps I have been able to get 14-16 hours out of the battery depending on use and my GPS locks on wicked fast. I don't know if it makes a different but I also turned off mock locations.

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue on both roms. To fix it u need to reflash the debug zip I can't remember which rom has it but one of the gb fond has it linked. Then go thru ur recovery and wipe EVERYTHING. then flash the rom. For 5 or 6 more hours out of ur battery wipe battery stats then flash the rom with a full battery and turn national data roaming on and set it to home only network and turn off the flip to mute. Using these steps I have been able to get 14-16 hours out of the battery depending on use and my GPS locks on wicked fast. I don't know if it makes a different but I also turned off mock locations.

What is "mock locations" anyway? I have no idea but I always turn it off.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
If you're having GPS issues when you try wiping dalvik cache and cache. Also GPS Status on the market helps a lot. Downloads A-GPS data often for you.

Download GPS Status
Open App
Menu--tools---manage a-gps state
reset.
Then go back and download. Helps me lock a lot quicker anyway. just a suggestion.

greenbluegreen

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this rom for a couple of days now with no major problems. That is until right now: the phone will boot to the CM7 loading screen and stay there. Any idea what is causing this?

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with calling..
I installed as directed, with no install problems.

When I get a call, and put the phone to my head, the screen goes black. Nothing I do will wake the screen up. If I press the sleep/power button, it ends the call, if I press the voice dialing button, it ends the call. Pressing any other button just causes the front buttons to light up while whatever button is being pressed.
After the call ends, the screen stays black. The only way I've been able to wake the phone is to have someone call me. In which case the phone rings, but the screen stays off and I can only reject the call pushing one of the two buttons mentioned above, after that, the screen wakes up. Otherwise, I can pull the battery and allow the phone to reboot.

Anyone else experiencing this? Or is this an option somewhere?

idbl_fanatic

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Did you read through this entire post? I had the same thing, someone said to put your whole hand over it, and remove it, and it should come back on.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've tried that, and it's very inconsistent. Sometimes it will come back on, but most of the time I don't have luck doing said thing.

I understand how the proximity sensor works, I just didn't have this problem with the stock phone so I wasn't sure if it was a bug or something with this ROM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez