ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dburg

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
OTAs

Hey everybody. aosp needs our help. If there is an OTA on stock Optimus V...(yeah you'd have to run stock :\ ....or maybe you have wife that runs stock :D ) could someone post the .img's of a nandroid? He's updating the kernel to support 2.3.4 but updated libs from LG/VM would help a lot. With that said hopefully someone can help out. .39 Kernel is in the works from what hes said.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody. aosp needs our help. If there is an OTA on stock Optimus V...(yeah you'd have to run stock :\ ....or maybe you have wife that runs stock :D ) could someone post the .img's of a nandroid? He's updating the kernel to support 2.3.4 but updated libs from LG/VM would help a lot. With that said hopefully someone can help out. .39 Kernel is in the works from what hes said.

Try asking the dev for GrooVeIP (thread in this forum), they just purchased a new V, so they may be able to help with pulling stock files.

easyguy

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the name of the app that comes pre-installed in this rom that handles file management? I think it's called "Folder" within the rom...I'm trying some other rom right now but want that to be my default file manager.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So here is a weird issue, incoming calls don't always come though. My phone starts vibrating and doesn't stop, I have to reboot for it to stop, and I eventually get a voicemail notification. Nothing in my call logs either.

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i just discovered this rom and its great, only problem i am haveing is that its very choppy. i did a full facotory reset and wiped the davlivk. what else can i do.?

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Can someone please help me. i am curently trying to install CWrecovery 3.0.0.6 useing ROMtools but when i try to install it the phone hangs at the LG logo at reboot. and i have to pull the battery to get back to the OS
can someone please tell me what im doing wrong.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What actually does this do? I'm new to this whole android-romming-hacking scene.

Rooting will allow you to do anything you want to your phone, but it also voids your warranty. Some of the main advantages are being able to load apps to your sdcard instead of internal memory so you wont run out of space, being able to modify the filesystem so as to incorporate various tweeks that help the system perform better, overclocking your CPU so everything runs smoother, the list goes on and on.

This ROM takes your OK phone, and turns it into a monster. With this ROM, you have settings out the wazoo, features that are not available in 2.2 ROMs, and a dev that is absolutely brilliant!

You can do 70% of what this ROM does with other ROMs combined with apps from the market, but why install extra apps when you can have it all built right in!

Note- Bluetooth headsets don't work for calls yet (nor wired headsets either I believe)

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will allow you to do anything you want to your phone, but it also voids your warranty. Some of the main advantages are being able to load apps to your sdcard instead of internal memory so you wont run out of space, being able to modify the filesystem so as to incorporate various tweeks that help the system perform better, overclocking your CPU so everything runs smoother, the list goes on and on.

This ROM takes your OK phone, and turns it into a monster. With this ROM, you have settings out the wazoo, features that are not available in 2.2 ROMs, and a dev that is absolutely brilliant!

You can do 70% of what this ROM does with other ROMs combined with apps from the market, but why install extra apps when you can have it all built right in!

Note- Bluetooth headsets don't work for calls yet (nor wired headsets either I believe)

Hm, I think I've made my decision on what rom I'm flashing *wink-wink*

also, Overclocking... what harm can it do?

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
You OC it too high and it burns the processor. (I believe). I think the high is around 806 MHz for the Optimus V? I have my max set at 768MHz though, i dont want to go to 806.
Edit: Got this from a website
Lots of things can happen when you overclock, which is why it is generally not recommended for most people.

The system could simply refuse to boot, or lock up, because everything is out of sync.
The parts could be permanently damaged or destroyed by excess voltage / heat.
The processor could literally catch fire (very rare).
The system could run, apparently normally,but suffer unexplained crashes and errors.
Though that is just if you go over what your supposed to. (Again, this is to my understanding, i believe this is right, someone please correct me if im wrong)

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
You OC it too high and it burns the processor. (I believe). I think the high is around 806 MHz for the Optimus V? I have my max set at 768MHz though, i dont want to go to 806.
Edit: Got this from a website

Though that is just if you go over what your supposed to. (Again, this is to my understanding, i believe this is right, someone please correct me if im wrong)

Well, whats the "Safe" Overclock? and how do you overclock?

vee

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, whats the "Safe" Overclock? and how do you overclock?

Start in the 700's and test each setting up from there till it reboots. The one before it reboots is your max. Make sure to UNCHECK "Set at boot" when testing. Max is 864 for Optimus V, though yours may be different on your phone. My max is 825

FatalIll

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Start in the 700's and test each setting up from there till it reboots. The one before it reboots is your max. Make sure to UNCHECK "Set at boot" when testing. Max is 864 for Optimus V, though yours may be different on your phone. My max is 825

So you're saying that when you overclock too high, the phone will just reboot itself? Thats handy.
Is overclocking in this ROMs settings?

[I kind of made a mini-thread inside this ROM's thread, I feel like an ass.]

samusishere1

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Um, omg, i wish someone would answer my question, Is the UI slow and choppy for anyone else? my processor is clocked at 806 and its still slow and the animations are not smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch