ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lwlamar

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I spent the better part of 2 days trying to install this but gave up after my system kept freezing up on the android screen during reboot. I was able to recover and reinstall the original VM ROM and I think I will stick with that, with Launcher Pro overlay, unless an easier way to install a new ROM comes out. At least I learned how to root, use CMD.exe with adb and flash a recovery. I just could never get the ROM to install correctly.

RavenSEAL

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I spent the better part of 2 days trying to install this but gave up after my system kept freezing up on the android screen during reboot. I was able to recover and reinstall the original VM ROM and I think I will stick with that, with Launcher Pro overlay, unless an easier way to install a new ROM comes out. At least I learned how to root, use CMD.exe with adb and flash a recovery. I just could never get the ROM to install correctly.

Easier? It doesn't get any easier lol.

zatler

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the phone as an "ipod touch" device past couple months with aospCMod Rom but now I want to activate phone service with Virgin. When I call to port my number over they ask me to type in ##847446# to activate phone, but nothing happens. Is aospCMod Rom somehow preventing this, how do I activate? thanks

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been using the phone as an "ipod touch" device past couple months with aospCMod Rom but now I want to activate phone service with Virgin. When I call to port my number over they ask me to type in ##847446# to activate phone, but nothing happens. Is aospCMod Rom somehow preventing this, how do I activate? thanks

The activation only works on Stock ROM. Check the "Modding Guide" Sticky for information thread on "How to return to stock (Mostly)"

EDIT: I would make a full nandroid backup of your AOSPCMod system first so you can restore to your current setup after activation.

Basically flash the stock nandroid backup and then activation will work.

Then once you're done activating the service go back to recovery and flash the AOSPCMod backup.

(I'm not sure if stock overrides custom recovery. You may have to reflash recovery if so.)

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

zatler

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The activation only works on Stock ROM. Check the "Modding Guide" Sticky for information thread on "How to return to stock (Mostly)"

EDIT: I would make a full nandroid backup of your AOSPCMod system first so you can restore to your current setup after activation.

Basically flash the stock nandroid backup and then activation will work.

Then once you're done activating the service go back to recovery and flash the AOSPCMod backup.

(I'm not sure if stock overrides custom recovery. You may have to reflash recovery if so.)

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
Ok, I just flashed the stock rom to my phone, I rebooted, there was a virgin mobile screen, but it is now stuck in the "android logo" screen. What did i do wrong, did I just brick my phone?

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I just flashed the stock rom to my phone, I rebooted, there was a virgin mobile screen, but it is now stuck in the "android logo" screen. What did i do wrong, did I just brick my phone?

how long have you been "stuck"...sometimes it takes awhile

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
5 min? I never seen it take this long, how long is the max I should wait?

At the android logo, It took my phone 10 minutes to boot up one time, i thought it was just stuck so i pulled the battery out and put it back in and it took like 5 minutes to boot, then it went back to the normal 2 minutes or so.
Edit: Haha, just saw im #1000, yay?

zatler

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
At the android logo, It took my phone 10 minutes to boot up one time, i thought it was just stuck so i pulled the battery out and put it back in and it took like 5 minutes to boot, then it went back to the normal 2 minutes or so.

well, I took my battery out and it still didn't reboot, I will wait it out a bit longer, thanks, been 10 min now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38