ARCHIVED: [ROM+Kernel] ~*~ Bumblebee 2.4 ~*~ (6/25/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Change wallpaper?

I know that I am getting close to the perfect ROM for me when my only concern is the wallpaper. It's not that I don't like the yellow car wallpaper; I just would prefer to replace the wallpaper with something more personal.

Too tired to search this forum to see if this has already been addressed; quick link or instructions on how to do, please?

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: kba712

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey obijohn, thanks for the update with the davlik moved to cache, I really needed the extra space. But I'm having trouble updating some apps from the market, most of the time they cause my phone to reboot. I can install new apps from the market, but updating apps is causing the reboots. Either they fail to download at all, download and then fail to install, or download and fail to install and cause reboots. Just pressed "update all" and all fail to update.

I can manually install apps with no problem, and titanium backup works fine.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Is this the cache size changed from 128 to 2048?

Yes.

Hey obijohn, thanks for the update with the davlik moved to cache, I really needed the extra space. But I'm having trouble updating some apps from the market, most of the time they cause my phone to reboot. I can install new apps from the market, but updating apps is causing the reboots. Either they fail to download at all, download and then fail to install, or download and fail to install and cause reboots. Just pressed "update all" and all fail to update.

Did you restore from a Titanium backup? If so, that may be your problem. Titanium Backup Pro has options to properly link backups to the market, but the free version doesn't. Also, if using apps2sd or link2sd and doing a Titanium Backup restore, sometimes on large dalvik-cache files the link doesn't finish copying in time and fails when TB invokes the Package Manager on the next app to restore, and this breaks the previous app. If this happened on a Market restore, well your Market is pretty hosed at that point. Anyway, regardless of what actually went wrong, problems with the market are almost always the result of restoring backups instead of installing the apps fresh. But there's a fix that sometimes works.

Try this. Go to Manage Applications->Running and kill Market and Google Services Framework. Open Titanium Backup, click on Backup/Restore, scroll down and click on google services framework (don't long-press, just short-press). Select "Wipe Data". Reboot. The Market may give you an error the first time you open it after this, if so repeat the above steps again and reboot. If no apps show up under "My Apps" in the market, install anything (say, Solitaire or whatever). After it's installed, check "My Apps" again and they should all be there and updates should work fine. The whole procedure may need to be repeated a couple of times. If it still fails to work after 3 or 4 tries, I would suggest just doing a complete wipe and re-installing the ROM, then selectively restore apps one at a time, checking the market to make sure everything still works. Don't restore the market or any system settings.

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm having problems installing some of apps from the market or trying to recover some of the apps using titanium backup. For instance, I can not install Google maps. Some apps FC.

I'm going back to the old version.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I know that I am getting close to the perfect ROM for me when my only concern is the wallpaper. It's not that I don't like the yellow car wallpaper; I just would prefer to replace the wallpaper with something more personal.

Too tired to search this forum to see if this has already been addressed; quick link or instructions on how to do, please?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you're asking, because you can set the wallpaper on the phone to anything you want. Home screen -> Menu -> Wallpaper. The "Bumblebee Camaro" is just the default when installed the first time before you set your own wallpaper, it doesn't even show up in the wallpapers list.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that occasionally, when the screen is off and locked, pressing a button to unlock the screen does nothing. All buttons are unresponsive for a few seconds until it "realizes" that buttons were pushed and then the screen comes on. It did this with the last 1.9 and also this newest 2.1 version. I backed down the OC to 748 before it did this. I didn't install Apps Organizer this time to try and narrow down.

I'm almost positive your issues are related to either not doing a complete wipe when installing the ROM and/or restoring stuff from a Titanium Backup.

It could be that your phone just can't handle the overclocking. I'll be posting a stock speed kernel (but still overclockable if you want with SetCPU) probably tomorrow and you can try that.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried backing your OC down even further (or even running at stock 600 temporarily) to rule out OC being the issue?

Out of 4 LG Optimus V's between my friends and I, the 3 from Target could only do 729 totally stable. And I had that same issue in the past that I'm pretty sure was due to my OC.
My phone is from Target. I'll back down the OC a bit more.

hamfactorial

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi obijohn, I haven't tried your latest ROM revision but I noticed a missing character or two when I last installed bumblebee.

The star in the titanium backup name, for example, displays as a little square. I expect that I'm missing some font.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just read the first post mention of the cjk font. I'll try it out and reply again if I have trouble.

Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems installing some of apps from the market or trying to recover some of the apps using titanium backup. For instance, I can not install Google maps. Some apps FC.

I'm going back to the old version.

I had a similar problem the other day.
It solved itself within a few hours.

I figure it was either a network or market issue.

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem the other day.
It solved itself within a few hours.

I figure it was either a network or market issue.

I think it's a conflict between Link2SD, Titanium Pro, apps changing from system apps to user apps, and Dalvik cache link on SD moving to a new area.

I am sure there is a proper sequence to reinstall the apps and make it all work but I am happy with v1.17(8).

I already had 95MB with the last version and the addition of 45MB doesn't buy me much. Faster SD access would have been nice but not worth the hassle of reinstalling and setting up all the 100+ app from scratch.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a conflict between Link2SD, Titanium Pro, apps changing from system apps to user apps, and Dalvik cache link on SD moving to a new area.

I am sure there is a proper sequence to reinstall the apps and make it all work but I am happy with v1.17(8).

I already had 95MB with the last version and the addition of 45MB doesn't buy me much. Faster SD access would have been nice but not worth the hassle of reinstalling and setting up all the 100+ app from scratch.

i first installed link2sd, then rebooted, titanium backup restored apps with link2sd autolinking the app/lib files and everything is working fine. couple of apps didn't link right but linking them manually solved it

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is just me, but my battery life sucks big time. I switched from aosp, did a full wipe (even used wiper.zip ). I unplugged my phone at 5:00 this morning with a full charge, by noon I was down to 48% left. This is while I was at work with the phone on standby the whole time, no calls, texts, web, nothing. I could go all day until 6:00 when I got home and still have 60-70% charge left on aosp, even with a few calls and checking email. I installed the same apps I've been using with aosp, nothing new. Also I noticed that the charge time seems to take longer, 5-6 hours to charge as opposed to 3-4 hours with aosp. I really like this rom, especially after the dalvik to cache mod but it looks like I'm going to have to switch back if I can't find a solution.

theboundless

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its the rom that's causing such horrible battery life, on idle I get about a 1-2% battery drain with mobile data always on. There must be some other cause...

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if it is just me, but my battery life sucks big time. I switched from aosp, did a full wipe (even used wiper.zip ). I unplugged my phone at 5:00 this morning with a full charge, by noon I was down to 48% left. This is while I was at work with the phone on standby the whole time, no calls, texts, web, nothing. I could go all day until 6:00 when I got home and still have 60-70% charge left on aosp, even with a few calls and checking email. I installed the same apps I've been using with aosp, nothing new. Also I noticed that the charge time seems to take longer, 5-6 hours to charge as opposed to 3-4 hours with aosp. I really like this rom, especially after the dalvik to cache mod but it looks like I'm going to have to switch back if I can't find a solution.

My phone takes about 1 hour to charge from 50% on a wall charger. Maybe it's your USB cable.

As far as battery life goes, it sounds like you have Skype installed (the Skype voice chat app, not the Swype keyboard), amirite? It's definitely your apps and what you're running, not the ROM. I use my phone all the time, rebooting, flashing multiple times from recovery, voice calls, chats, browing, videos, and never once have I had to charge before the end of the day.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Try MyBackup Root (free on the Market, get the Root version). I think it does a better job at backing up and restoring, especially when it comes to the market links.

Will TB let you restore the apps only without their data? MyBackup Root will do this, and if you're having issue that's the best way to restore.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
My phone takes about 1 hour to charge from 50% on a wall charger. Maybe it's your USB cable.

As far as battery life goes, it sounds like you have Skype installed (the Skype voice chat app, not the Swype keyboard), amirite? It's definitely your apps and what you're running, not the ROM. I use my phone all the time, rebooting, flashing multiple times from recovery, voice calls, chats, browing, videos, and never once have I had to charge before the end of the day.

No I don't use skype, and as I said they are the same apps I use on aosp. I switched back and it only took a couple hours to charge from 19% to full charge. Last night on Bumblebee it took 5 hours to charge from 52%. I've been running for an hour now and have only lost 2%, in the first hour this morning I lost almost 10%. If I'm using the same apps on two different roms then I would think the difference in battery usage would have to be the rom.

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
seems like battery life was better on 1.8. i went 1 day 13 hr with moderate use. right now with 2.1 i'm at 46% with 11 hr passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch