09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    You can open the terminal and issue the command
    Code:
    df -m
    The output will give what you have available in /data and /cache in megabytes. If there is no space left and you believe that there are not so many applications to fill that space, I would clean wipe the system (including /data and /system) and reflash the ROM. I use link2sd and it works perfect for me.

By the way, your problem is not an IHO bug. Either there is a problem with flashing the ROM or this is an app2sd/user error or second SD partition has a problem.
    thank you i will try that and report back
    10-20-2011 12:47 PM
    Jerry what are the future plans with the new ics version of android

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 01:02 PM
    Jerry what are the future plans with the new ics version of android

These ROMs are based off of CM source. Whatever CM does next, I'm sure it'll happen on our phones!

Sent from my IHO CM7.1'd Optimus V using Tapatalk
    10-20-2011 01:23 PM
    this happens to me time to time too. i don't really know what the cause is and i don't think there's a true fix in place unfortunately. i usually just deleted a couple of apps and then download the one i really want.
    You could backup apps and data with titanium, delete the app an install what u want, and restore it.

Imo it's a lifesaver having titanium, i got pro, i schedule backup of new apps every 2 days, and redo of all apps n data the days in between. I set it for 2 am, it takes no time at alll to complete.

10-20-2011 02:53 PM
    Hi i dont get on here much i flashed the latest update but i keep having trouble installing apps they freeze and dont install and i noticed that now the superuser app is gone anyone had any trouble before
    10-20-2011 07:20 PM
    Try Flashing the 10/10 build . Its superb
    10-20-2011 07:30 PM
    thankx i will i just wanted that headset fix
    10-20-2011 07:40 PM
    Anyone know how to make installation of IHO CM7 easier for link2sd user? I started using link2sd when I was on the stock ROM by using Xionia recovery to add another fat32 partition to my SD card for link2sd to use (stock could only read fat32). When I try to flash a new IHO CM7 release, the new ROM won't install properly unless I uninstall most of my apps, install the ROM, then reinstall the apps.

Would changing my 2nd partition to ext2 or ext4 let me update the IHO CM7 ROM releases without removing/reinstalling the apps? If yes, what tool would be best for changing the partition fs?
    10-20-2011 08:38 PM
    a ext4 part will work with link2sd and the a2sd script i used the same ext4 on my prevail with link2sd and a2sdgui but it would be better to reinstall the rom and start over
    loudcloud likes this.
    10-20-2011 09:03 PM
    thankx i will i just wanted that headset fix
    There's nothing wrong with the latest version of Backside. I would try wiping and re-flashing the latest build before switching to an older version. Having a working headset button is great!
    10-20-2011 09:05 PM
    Hello Guys...desperately need help....

My phone has been working fine for awhile now..no issues, all has been well. Today the phone started to get sluggish and so like a typical computer, I thought it needed a reboot. Did the reboot and after the phone cycled, I was unable to swipe the screen on. Nothing I could do would do anything. I ended up pulling the battery to reboot it. This time it came up fine, but got an error regarding content of the SD card, think it was an Evernote error.

Told it to proceed and the phone appeared to come up fine, but after a bit all the icons on the home screen disappeared and the phone was froze again.

Did the battery pull reboot again and it came up again and this time I thought I wouldn't touch it for a bit to make sure it was completely booted and all was well. After a few more minutes I looked at the phone and it was (and is still) stuck on the CM7 screen. Meaning it had rebooted itself from the lock screen without being touched.

That is where it is at now. Sure, I can pull the battery yet again, but doing the same thing a third or fourth time probably won't give me different results?

Help please
    10-20-2011 09:14 PM
    Hello Guys...desperately need help....

My phone has been working fine for awhile now..no issues, all has been well. Today the phone started to get sluggish and so like a typical computer, I thought it needed a reboot. Did the reboot and after the phone cycled, I was unable to swipe the screen on. Nothing I could do would do anything. I ended up pulling the battery to reboot it. This time it came up fine, but got an error regarding content of the SD card, think it was an Evernote error.

Told it to proceed and the phone appeared to come up fine, but after a bit all the icons on the home screen disappeared and the phone was froze again.

Did the battery pull reboot again and it came up again and this time I thought I wouldn't touch it for a bit to make sure it was completely booted and all was well. After a few more minutes I looked at the phone and it was (and is still) stuck on the CM7 screen. Meaning it had rebooted itself from the lock screen without being touched.

That is where it is at now. Sure, I can pull the battery yet again, but doing the same thing a third or fourth time probably won't give me different results?

Help please
    Try to wipe data and fatory reset from Recovery. That may help your issue. Hopefully you backed up previously.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    testshoot likes this.
    10-20-2011 09:24 PM
    Try to wipe data and fatory reset from Recovery. That may help your issue. Hopefully you backed up previously.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    I thought you are not supposed to do a factory reset after a custom ROM.

Thanks for the headset fix. Great work Jerry and everyone.
    10-20-2011 09:27 PM
    To be sure I do this right, I take the battery out again and hope it comes back up, and at least for a bit allows me to access the menu? How quickly in the boot process am I able to hold down the power button and get the menu with the Recovery option?

I haven't done this before so as many steps in the process I can be given, the better.

Thanks...
    10-20-2011 09:34 PM
    To be sure I do this right, I take the battery out again and hope it comes back up, and at least for a bit allows me to access the menu? How quickly in the boot process am I able to hold down the power button and get the menu with the Recovery option?

I haven't done this before so as many steps in the process I can be given, the better.

Thanks...
    With the phone off... Hold the home button, volume down button, and power button at the same time. Release the buttons when the LG logo comes up. This should boot you into recovery so you can restore your backup. Good luck.

~Azrael's Kiss~
    testshoot likes this.
    10-20-2011 10:29 PM
    I thought you are not supposed to do a factory reset after a custom ROM.
    That's only from within the ROM. If you have IHO installed you don't even have that option in the privacy settings menu. Within the recovery is where you do a data wipe / factory reset. It will not brick your phone.
    10-20-2011 10:38 PM
    a ext4 part will work with link2sd and the a2sd script i used the same ext4 on my prevail with link2sd and a2sdgui but it would be better to reinstall the rom and start over
    Thanks for the suggestion, bg812. If I start over, is formatting the SD card with Clockwork Mod likely to work? I have the recovery file that came with IHO CM7 but couldn't figure out how to install that recovery (I found the posts on switching recoveries hard to understand)
    10-20-2011 10:57 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion, bg812. If I start over, is formatting the SD card with Clockwork Mod likely to work? I have the recovery file that came with IHO CM7 but couldn't figure out how to install that recovery (I found the posts on switching recoveries hard to understand)
    Switching recoveries takes about 45 seconds.

1- Download the recovery to your sdcard

2- Open Terminal Emulator (get it from the market if you don't have it)

3- Type in the following, replacing RECOVERY_NAME with the name of the recovery file you downloaded
    Code:
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/RECOVERY_NAME.img
    reboot recovery
    This should install your new recovery, and reboot you into it.
    mustafu and loudcloud like this.
    10-20-2011 11:02 PM
    You can open the terminal and issue the command
    Code:
    df -m
    The output will give what you have available in /data and /cache in megabytes. If there is no space left and you believe that there are not so many applications to fill that space, I would clean wipe the system (including /data and /system) and reflash the ROM. I use link2sd and it works perfect for me.

By the way, your problem is not an IHO bug. Either there is a problem with flashing the ROM or this is an app2sd/user error or second SD partition has a problem.
    i was reflashing the rom and now my phone get stock at the CM7 splash screen and it wont pass that the only yhind i did diferent was that i wipe boot by mistake and i dont know if it is that any help to fix this
    10-21-2011 08:14 AM
    i was reflashing the rom and now my phone get stock at the CM7 splash screen and it wont pass that the only yhind i did diferent was that i wipe boot by mistake and i dont know if it is that any help to fix this
    reboot into recovery and wipe /system /cache and /boot again, then reflash the rom
    manaurys likes this.
    10-21-2011 08:34 AM
    reboot into recovery and wipe /system /cache and /boot again, then reflash the rom
    that was the 1 thind i did and it dint work i tryed again but it did the same it wont pass the Cm7 Spash it start rotating but then it stop

Edit: ok in like the 10 time a reflash my phone boot again to normal thank you
    10-21-2011 08:47 AM
    With the phone off... Hold the home button, volume down button, and power button at the same time. Release the buttons when the LG logo comes up. This should boot you into recovery so you can restore your backup. Good luck.

~Azrael's Kiss~
    When I try to use the backup restore option, it says the directory is empty. I remember doing a Titanium Backup awhile ago, but probably not the backup from the menu you referred me to.

I wiped the data and cache, but without a backup to restore, what is my next step.

Thanks so much!
    10-21-2011 01:32 PM
    When I try to use the backup restore option, it says the directory is empty. I remember doing a Titanium Backup awhile ago, but probably not the backup from the menu you referred me to.

I wiped the data and cache, but without a backup to restore, what is my next step.

Thanks so much!
    If you have important data on your phone, reboot and backup your data first. Your contacts and bookmarks should be synced with your Google account already. If not, sync them as well. Then, just do a clean wipe following the instructions in the Wiki (don't skip step 5) and reflash the ROM and gapps (see the same page). Redownload and install your apps from Market or restore only the user apps from Titanium backup. When you are restoring the apps from Titanium backup do it one by one and don't restore their (just the app).

Before all these, I would highly recommend taking your SD card out, backing up to your PC, and do a file system check as well.
    10-21-2011 02:12 PM
    If you have important data on your phone, reboot and backup your data first. Your contacts and bookmarks should be synced with your Google account already. If not, sync them as well. Then, just do a clean wipe following the instructions in the Wiki (don't skip step 5) and reflash the ROM and gapps (see the same page). Redownload and install your apps from Market or restore only the user apps from Titanium backup. When you are restoring the apps from Titanium backup do it one by one and don't restore their (just the app).

Before all these, I would highly recommend taking your SD card out, backing up to your PC, and do a file system check as well.
    Hiya...went through all those steps, and now I am waiting for it to reboot...been about 20 minutes and it is stuck on the cm7 page and the arrow never spinned around..

I can repeat the process again, but I don't expect different results...

So....what is plan B please?

Thanks
    10-21-2011 03:54 PM
    I have updated the MiRaGe ROM with 10222011 build. You can find it in the Wiki.

There were quite a few insignificant updates in the CM repo and I didn't want to accumulate them further. You can easily skip this update if you have the previous one already flashed. The transparency theme was updated as well since framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk have changed (i.e. don't use any previous themes).

Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, Bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and CM team.

Edited on 10222011
    10-21-2011 04:01 PM
6,009 ... 979899100101 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD