[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ugh im so bothered.

flashed MRG666 CM7 rc1 rom, new build. spent all day redownloading my apps from the fresh install. set up MIUIqqlauncher, got everything PERFECT

now the home is a black screen. apps work if i can touch them in the right place. lockscreen works, but any of the homescreens are a blank black screen...

deleted the home app, the info, re installed it, same problem.

going back to last months backside... never gave me any issues. i would LOVE to run one of these updated roms but they are all buggy. I settled on mrg666s 9/26 build after all the others gave me serious serious issues that made them unusable as a daily rom.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed Jerry's backside a few days ago. Nice smooth rom. Does anyone happen to know where I can find the flashable tool that removes all the unneeded crap to clear up space. I haven't been on here since this threads first page, so I'm lost lol.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

hrtk

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
after a few days of use my vm670 has been restarting almost every 2 hours with IHO on it.. any ideas whats going on with this issue?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
after a few days of use my vm670 has been restarting almost every 2 hours with IHO on it.. any ideas whats going on with this issue?

Perhaps you have it overclocked to high? Or you have a big gap between the min and the max...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

hrtk

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
you think that is causing it to overheat? what i think im going to do is wipe everything clear all the cache and reinstall. and what is a good gap to have for min and max on overclock?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
you think that is causing it to overheat? what i think im going to do is wipe everything clear all the cache and reinstall. and what is a good gap to have for min and max on overclock?
600 and 747 work perfectly for me, if I go any higher I get reboots

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Well each phone is different but I myself wouldn't have the gap greater than 200 (mine are set to 729/806), and a good way to check if you are clocked too high it's to open the camera, if the phone reboots, you are too high...

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The next build will have the center clock overlay fixed. ;)

Any estimate on when the next build will be out? Will this include blarf's kernel? The battery drain is really getting to be a draw back... I have been unplugged just shy of 4 hours and my battery is down to 66%... And I haven't done hardly anything... Looked at a few forums with tapatalk, and briefly at Facebook... And the rest of the time it has been sitting idle with the screen off...

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
on a positive note, 9/19 backside build has working mms on my picky local tower.
I've been missing it a little bit.
the nasty gapps were not necessary. dunno what the problem has been lately.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in trying the Mirage build because of the kernel and it's new governers, but I really don't want to deal with setting up all my **** again, can I just flash it right over and wipe cache, or do I have to start from scratch?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in trying the Mirage build because of the kernel and it's new governers, but I really don't want to deal with setting up all my **** again, can I just flash it right over and wipe cache, or do I have to start from scratch?

Unless you already use Mirage it probably might screw up more than that would be worth. Try Titanium Backup, or an equivalent, for your apps... You can restored them all (including the launcher) with data... And just reset the phone and CyanogenMod settings and do a few minor retweaks... Takes me roughly 20-30 minutes to do a full wipe and reload and get back to normal. Just remember to always perform a backup before you do anything...!

Reactions: cole2kb

heather2626

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

IHO unofficial CyanogenMod is a port of the CyanogenMod ROM to the Optimus V and S (hopefully the C, M, U, and Vortex will follow).

In the interest of brevity I've moved the pertinent details to a Github wiki. Check out the freshly minted wiki here. The only thread which I monitor on a regular basis is the official development thread on XDA. Forum rules prevent me from linking to it directly, but it's pretty easy to find. Additionally, as there has been a proliferation of different ROMs based on IHO, I've stopped updating this post and moved that information to the wiki as well. This way the ROM authors can update the page themselves as they issue new builds. The latest versions of ROMs for the S and V are listed here on Github.

I would like to thank the following people for building ROMs and offering their support to end users so I can continue development:

ath3nos, BobZhome, drewwalton19216801, JerryScript, KemikalElite, Mrg666, and Pbailey212.

Without these guys I suspect most of you would be looking at a pile of source, unsure what to do with it.

And a special thank you goes to Centinel/1cewolf for taking on the daunting task of cleaning up the wiki so that it's more accessible to end users. While the wiki is currently able to be modified by any user with a Github account, I'd like to ask that anyone proposing significant changes coordinate with him.

I also would like to thank the following users for offering financial assistance:

JerryScript, punkmaxx, MarMed10, Centinel, mustafu, crpeck, El Schisne, BobZhome, takehull, rb64, yogi4, mrg666, asadullah, szfinland, Ostrich Egg, wilberfan, Whyzor, ejlmd, Centinel, nemo3, and pandacookie.

Without these guys I'd be sober and bored.

If you'd like to help out financially or see your name on that list please consider donating:

[URL=https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_donate_LG.gif]Click to view quoted image[/url]

I tried the BACKside rom and got the "indefinite boot loop"... I wiped everything, flashed gapps and flashed the ROM and rebooted... I saw the LG startup logo, then the android guy with IHO under it & then the cool green android avatar animation with a countdown soundclip....then it did the IHO and animation again, after 3 times, I took my battery out and forced my phone into recovery to do a nand restore.

Why was it stuck in boot? Idk what to do about getting a ROM if its doing this to me...does it have anything to do with my recovery? I don't have xionia, I used the original "recovery-cwm-thunderc" one...or however the file is spelled out, I cant remember cuz I renamed it to vrecovery to push it in terminal emulator since I used Gingerbreak to root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty