[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Web market problem

I'm using the BACKside 7/25 build, and I replaced the build.prop with one from a previous installation in order to get Swype working. The build.prop has been sitting on my SD card for a couple weeks, so I'm not completely certain where it came from--but I wanna say it was from one of the ath3nos builds, before Jerry started the BACKside distro of IHO. Anyway, installing OTA from the web still works for me. I just successfully installed Fruit Ninja.

However, rather than listing the phone as "LGE VM670"--as it has on aospCM7, ath3nos, and BACKside up to this point--the Market website now lists it as "Mid-Tex Cellular LGE VM670." That's the same name given on the stock ROM. Don't know what that means, but it could be relevant.

This build.prop that I'm using is the same one I've used in all previous builds of BACKside, so the phone identification change either is not related to build.prop or reflects a change on Google's end.

Edit: I'll post my build.prop later.
Schisne, could you try Market Enabler https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.racic.android.marketenabler and post the numeric code for your working build?
I used this app to change my carrier to Verizon, and while the web market no long says "... not valid in your country", now it just gives me a "your phone is not compatible". I'd like to try to put the code you have for "Mid Tex Cellular", aka Virgin Mobile.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I've compared the build.prop file from one of my prior Froyo roms to this rom.

The froyo rom had the following files:
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
ro.cdma.home.operator.subscriber=31000
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=31000
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=31000
gsm.sim.operator.iso-country=us
gsm.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
gsm.operator.numeric=31000

Where the latest (Jerryscript) build has:
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=200053
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=200053
gsm.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
gsm.operator.numeric=200053

I'm betting that changing these operator codes is what is causing the web market problem.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've compared the build.prop file from one of my prior Froyo roms to this rom.

The froyo rom had the following files:
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
ro.cdma.home.operator.subscriber=31000
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=31000
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=31000
gsm.operator.alpha=Virgin Mobile
gsm.operator.numeric=31000

Where the latest (Jerryscript) build has:
Code:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=200053
gsm.sim.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
gsm.sim.operator.numeric=200053
gsm.operator.alpha=Virgin_Mobile
gsm.operator.numeric=200053

I'm betting that changing these operator codes is what is causing the web market problem.

If the iso country code is missing there, that could be causing the problem.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
If the iso country code is missing there, that could be causing the problem.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
I've always tried to keep the build prop and anything with an identifier as close to possible to the original. It's just like when you wanna ttrick the market into thinking your a different device so that you can download netflix ( if that's still the process) other things depend on this as well. For instance you could put the original swype on here but it wont work if you don't have the proper libs and correct id or operator codes.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Note- this will break MMS, better off waiting for this to be fixed in the next build!

OK, I just tested this, will have a flashable zip file ready in a few. Here are the changes I made to build prop, I took them from the new 2.2.2 rom, which has notes from the lge developers about changes to the build prop file for VM670:

ro.product.brand=VirginMobile

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311490

gsm.sim.operator.numeric=311490

gsm.operator.numeric=311490

Edit: also may need this line, thanks larryc

Once you edit the build.prop file with these changes, try a reboot to see if it's enough, though you may need to reflash gapps as well, I did it from a clean ROM install to be sure it would work.

Last edited:

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Jerry,
should you also add
to your patch?
(I don't have any documentation to back this up; I'm just guessing that it might be a good idea.)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Note- this will break MMS, better off waiting for this to be fixed in the next build!

Attached is a flashable zip file that will fix the install from market web interface issue. It uses the build.prop edits posted above. Wipe cache/dalvik, then flash the zip file, then reboot.

@larryc: Thanks for catching that, I added it to the post above. ;)

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Jerry,
should you also add
to your patch?
(I don't have any documentation to back this up; I'm just guessing that it might be a good idea.)

That's going to get clobbered by the code. And because the RIL isn't returning valid info you're not going to get a valid country code. However, I pulled 200053 from the stock 2.2. ROM (or Wikipedia) and for a while the market was properly identifying that as VMU. 310000 is a bogus entry flat out, but it does have the added bonus of having a valid MCC (310 and 311 are USA). If you guys figure out which code the android market wants now I'd be happy to change it.

Worth noting you'll need to change the APNS config file to match otherwise MMS won't work.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
That's going to get clobbered by the code. And because the RIL isn't returning valid info you're not going to get a valid country code. However, I pulled 200053 from the stock 2.2. ROM (or Wikipedia) and for a while the market was properly identifying that as VMU. 310000 is a bogus entry flat out, but it does have the added bonus of having a valid MCC (310 and 311 are USA). If you guys figure out which code the android market wants now I'd be happy to change it.

Worth noting you'll need to change the APNS config file to match otherwise MMS won't work.

I really never understand a word you say, I just hope for jerry to put it in understandable terms. xD

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I used 311490 based on the build.prop file extracted from the newer Optimus V models that are being sold with 2.2.2. That build.prop file has notes from lge staff about the changes (see attached file). With my flashable zip file, it does fix the web market interface, but as you said, it messes up MMS, thanks for catching that!

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I used 311490 based on the build.prop file extracted from the newer Optimus V models that are being sold with 2.2.2. That build.prop file has notes from lge staff about the changes (see attached file). With my flashable zip file, it does fix the web market interface, but as you said, it messes up MMS, thanks for catching that!

So any word on performance tweaks to make it run smoother? such as the keyboard and notification pull down? just curious.

Thanks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So any word on performance tweaks to make it run smoother? such as the keyboard and notification pull down? just curious.

Thanks!

Are you using the Green Machine theme? It could be slowing things down a bit with the transparencies being used. Also, go into the included app Spare Parts, set Windows animations and Transition animations to Fast.

Reactions: yogi4

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

What does the market recognize the phone as?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What does the market recognize the phone as?

With the build.prop edit to 311490, it reads: Virgin Mobile LGE VM670

Market_Installer_VM670.png

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Green Machine theme? It could be slowing things down a bit with the transparencies being used. Also, go into the included app Spare Parts, set Windows animations and Transition animations to Fast.

No green machine, and if you set the animations to fast you lose the tv on/off animation, i'm running the stock theme, i just know one of you devs can make it as fast as bumblebee xD

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using the 0725 build with kernel r1, running ondemand governor 245-600 CPU. I noticed that after a fresh charge & reboot, the battery drain is extremely well (about 0.5%/hour idling with wifi, GPS, BT all off (Just 3G data on). This accounted for about 14 hours of the graph (Section 1, the dip in the middle was from a speedtest run)

battstats.png

Then when I turned on the GPS, used Mapdroyd to lock location, and turned off the GPS and exited the app, the phone went into a high drain mode. (section 2 of graph). I believe there's a bug in the ROM, kernel, or CM7. If I reboot the phone, it has light drain again (section 3). I made a logcat at the end of section 3, where I turned on GPS, and tried to get location (it never did lock though), then turned off the GPS and the phone went back to the high drain mode (end of section 3). This happened yesterday when I used Google Navigation with GPS too, thought it was an app issue, but today used MapDroyd & exited the app properly. The common component is the GPS.

toggle_gps - Pastebin.com

Is anyone else experiencing this? To reproduce (takes about 2 hours idling):

1. Turn off all phone functions except cell data (or go into airplane mode).
2. Reboot
3. Don't use the phone for 1 hour.
4. Turn on GPS, use an app to lock location, turn off GPS & exit app.
5. Don't use the phone for another hour.
6. Go into Settings - About Phone - Battery Use - Graph

If the most recent 2 hours have different slopes, then this bug is confirmed. I believe the only workaround right now is turning off GPS and rebooting the phone to go back to the low-drain mode.

Here's a 'dumpsys power' from after the GPS toggle, compared to a run before the GPS toggle, it had 'mPowerState=7' and mUserState=7. Not sure what that means.

Code:
Power Manager State:
  mIsPowered=false mPowerState=3 mScreenOffTime=7779399 ms
  mPartialCount=0
  mWakeLockState=
  mUserState=SCREEN_BRIGHT_BIT SCREEN_ON_BIT 
  mPowerState=SCREEN_BRIGHT_BIT SCREEN_ON_BIT 
  mLocks.gather=
  mNextTimeout=660872 now=654949 5s from now
  mDimScreen=true mStayOnConditions=0
  mScreenOffReason=2 mUserState=3
  mBroadcastQueue={-1,-1,-1}
  mBroadcastWhy={0,0,0}
  mPokey=0 mPokeAwakeonSet=false
  mKeyboardVisible=false mUserActivityAllowed=true
  mKeylightDelay=6000 mDimDelay=47000 mScreenOffDelay=7000
  mPreventScreenOn=false  mScreenBrightnessOverride=-1  mButtonBrightnessOverride=-1
  mScreenOffTimeoutSetting=60000 mMaximumScreenOffTimeout=2147483647
  mLastScreenOnTime=7393007
  mBroadcastWakeLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)
  mStayOnWhilePluggedInScreenDimLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x6 mCount=0 mHeld=false)
  mStayOnWhilePluggedInPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)
  mPreventScreenOnPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)
  mProximityPartialLock=UnsynchronizedWakeLock(mFlags=0x1 mCount=0 mHeld=false)
  mProximityWakeLockCount=0
  mProximitySensorEnabled=false
  mProximitySensorActive=false
  mProximityPendingValue=-1
  mLastProximityEventTime=0
  mLightSensorEnabled=false
  mLightSensorValue=-1.0 mLightSensorPendingValue=-1.0
  mLightSensorScreenBrightness=-1 mLightSensorButtonBrightness=-1 mLightSensorKeyboardBrightness=-1
  mUseSoftwareAutoBrightness=false
  mAutoBrightessEnabled=true
  mScreenBrightness: animating=false targetValue=20 curValue=20.0 delta=1.3333334

mLocks.size=0:

mPokeLocks.size=0:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo