Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link to my build for the VM670: CM7.1RC1-VM670-BobZ-073111.zip
It's the same as Jerry's 7/30 build with the following changes:
1) Updated CM with dBm fixed
2) Added Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7.5.2
3) Orginal CM7 bootanimation
4) New ringtone added: "Somebody's Out There"

All credit goes to Blarf(the Dev)...please donate to his beer fund!

Thanks. Even though I'm happy with ath3nos, I may give this a try. Also, please excuse my ignorance, but what does bullet #1 mean?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue for the last couple of builds. Because of poor reception at the house i have wifi turned on. Soetimes when I wake the phone up the 3g is on, few seconds later wifi will come on in whitet
then switch to green. Today wifi and 3g were on at the same time(wifi in gray, 3g in green) . I did a complete install on this build. The past few hours I have'nt had problem. I.l see if the 3g s on in the morning.

That's the standard behavior for wifi on android. When the screen turns off, wifi should shut down, and when it turns back on, wifi should reconnect relatively fast. The white shows you have an internet connection, the green shows you are connected to google's servers.

Reactions: nascar2428

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had the same issue for the last couple of builds. Because of poor reception at the house i have wifi turned on. Soetimes when I wake the phone up the 3g is on, few seconds later wifi will come on in whitet
then switch to green. Today wifi and 3g were on at the same time(wifi in gray, 3g in green) . I did a complete install on this build. The past few hours I have'nt had problem. I.l see if the 3g s on in the morning.

Happening to me as well, although I'm down the shore and snaking off of someones wifi, but it has been randomly dropping out(while in use)

Sent from my Optimus V

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
That's the standard behavior for wifi on android. When the screen turns off, wifi should shut down, and when it turns back on, wifi should reconnect relatively fast. The white shows you have an internet connection, the green shows you are connected to google's servers.

I have my wifi set to never turn off when the screen shuts off. It will still randomly disconnect whether the screen is on or off.

Last edited:

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

On wifi that may be the case. I've noticed that when I'm on 3g, say listening to Pandora, if my icon turns white its pretty much a sign that I stopped data connection. I know it really means it disconnected from Google services, but if it disconnects, then that means everything else has as well.

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason why I cannot install newest versions? I can install the 7/22 version with no problems, but the newer ones do not. I get the e: can't open .scard/Backside....zip (bad) Installation aborted

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there any reason why I cannot install newest versions? I can install the 7/22 version with no problems, but the newer ones do not. I get the e: can't open .scard/Backside....zip (bad) Installation aborted

Did you try downloading it again? usually caused by a corrupt download.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
On wifi that may be the case. I've noticed that when I'm on 3g, say listening to Pandora, if my icon turns white its pretty much a sign that I stopped data connection. I know it really means it disconnected from Google services, but if it disconnects, then that means everything else has as well.

Not necessarily, I turn off background data most of the time, so that means mine is always white. But the rest of the internet works. Also white could just mean google's servers are out of reach, but the rest of the internet may still be ok.

Jsadik

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
After installing the July 30th build after a full wipe, and then using mmarz's bloat remover, the factory data reset option shows up in the privacy menu. Is this caused by the bloat remover, and if so, can it be fixed without having to not use the bloat remover? Thanks for the help.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
isnt it suppose to do that? i mean why does it matter its not liek u need wifi when your screen is off..., and it saves ALot of battery life

I'm talking when the screens on

The wifi logo disappears for like three seconds then reappears with no signal then about half second later its connected. And this happens every 2-3 minutes

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
im getting ready to flash ath3nos as we speak to make sure its rom related. i never had this problem before i came to iho, but just double checking :]
Im on asop right now and wifi works fine, for me it appears to be every iho build from 7/27 and on.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The wifi issues appear to be either a kernel issue, or a known CM7 issue, still tracking it down. I cannot reproduce the bug, so still not sure if it's hardware related or not. One fix that may help is be sure you regulatory domain is set to 11 channels.

For now, you might try XioniaRedux kernel, though you'll have to use the Sprint-to-OV conversion.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
The wifi issues appear to be either a kernel issue, or a known CM7 issue, still tracking it down. I cannot reproduce the bug, so still not sure if it's hardware related or not. One fix that may help is be sure you regulatory domain is set to 11 channels.

For now, you might try XioniaRedux kernel, though you'll have to use the Sprint-to-OV conversion.

I'm not sure where I would set the regulator domain. Also if it would help you figure it out if i made some kinda log of the wifi issue just tell me what to download and ill upload the file.
I definatly will be watching for future builds with a fix for the kernel's wifi issues tho :]