[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update.... trying it right now !!

But the problem regarding QPST or CDMA Workshop is still present.. With this rom neither software detect the phone... I really hope you can look on that.
if youre talking about the COM # for cdma detecting it then .. i too had issues, but try it with your phone off ...worked for me after that :eek:

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
if youre talking about the COM # for cdma detecting it then .. i too had issues, but try it with your phone off ...worked for me after that :eek:
that's because the apk, the lib and possibly need to change some things in the kernel. But the apk isn't open source. Here's a little something to look at.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Wifi still randomly drops every 2 - 5 minutes when using DHCP. I can successfully connect and remain connected to my home network using a static IP. This, however, presents the problem of not being able to use other networks.

XioniaRedux kernel has the same problem for me.

glad to know its not just me

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Well I just tested out the gps since I use it almost everyday an definitely want to say it's a lot faster. The first boot was pretty quick really quick. My only complaint is I got the new android market and I hate windows 7 :( but I know that there isn't anything you can do with that unless your in slapping distance of .... someone

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
While trying t just update to the new build..it completely wiped my phone.
Like I did a complete factory reset or something.
So I tried to restore the backup made and when it gets to sd-ext it fails epicly.
I thought well maybe that backup was borked for some reason.
Tried the previous version...failed to format sd-ext.

So for the hell of it I reboot.... everything is borked beyond what I want to mess with fixing.

I flashed a older recovery thought I seen somebody post the newer CWM was having issues with sd-ext formatting properly..failed epicly again.

None of my backups that have sd-ext enabled will flash back properly.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

The same happened with Harmonia; I had turn the phone off. I guess this is not specific to CM7.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I updated from 07/30 to 08/03 after wiping the cache and dalvik-cache. Easy update, no problems. The boot animation is now stock CM7. I can confirm that GPS connects quicker. I have noticed that FM Radio program is included this time; I have deleted it. WiFi seems to be working fine.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
While trying t just update to the new build..it completely wiped my phone.
Like I did a complete factory reset or something.
So I tried to restore the backup made and when it gets to sd-ext it fails epicly.
I thought well maybe that backup was borked for some reason.
Tried the previous version...failed to format sd-ext.

So for the hell of it I reboot.... everything is borked beyond what I want to mess with fixing.

I flashed a older recovery thought I seen somebody post the newer CWM was having issues with sd-ext formatting properly..failed epicly again.

None of my backups that have sd-ext enabled will flash back properly.

Its because you backed them up with cwm 3.021 (I think that's the one) it didn't backup my ext.. Properly either, . I had to flash 3.0.2.8 and reinstall all my apps and then I made a new backup with the new recovery and it worked, for some reason 3.0.2.1 has problems mounting sdext. When you make a backup with it, it even says unable to mount ext2 during the process.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Only problem, not really a problem, I had with flashing and such is that I didn't realize that cwm uses ext4 instead of ext3 so was confused when it kept saying that my ext3 partition didn't exist when using link2sd. Also couldn't restore a backup with my linked apps working due to this. Finally figured out why and felt rather dumb for not trying a diff ext choice to begin with.

Link2999

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
[Bug - Backside] Sometimes when scrolling through certain application text, the text will become blocked with white artifact lines (pattern varies on text).

Examples of this include Pulse news sources and Amazon Music (when scrolling through to a song selection, the A through Z pop-ups will be distorted).

For those experiencing strange highlighting issues, try disabling surface dithering under cyanogenmod settings >> performance. I don't know if it will help with the highlights, but it should make everything run a bit smoother.

The white highlighting is still there.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Only problem, not really a problem, I had with flashing and such is that I didn't realize that cwm uses ext4 instead of ext3 so was confused when it kept saying that my ext3 partition didn't exist when using link2sd. Also couldn't restore a backup with my linked apps working due to this. Finally figured out why and felt rather dumb for not trying a diff ext choice to begin with.

Same here. CWM 3.2.0.1 recovery converted my FAT32 partition to ext4 and erased everything when I wiped everything in the first installation of IHO. But I had difficulties restoring the second partition before (with Xionia recivery too) and started making an extra backup of applications with Titanium. I don't care anymore if the recovery erases the second partition. Regarding this update from 07/30 to 08/03, since I wiped only cache and dalvik-cache, there were no problems with the second partition.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When I update to the newest build I just do a complete wipe of everything and start fresh. I put root explorer and link2sd as system apps prior to flash so I just set up the script for link, reboot, and do a batch restore through TB. Works great for me, takes me longer to edit the rom zip to add/remove stuff of my choosing than it does to get everything back up once flashed. :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@ jerry did u add V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update7.sh 2 this relese

No, this is pure IHO, all the way down to the update script. We wanted to be sure no bugs were being caused by the build process. You'll have to run the SuperCharger script after flashing the ROM to be sure it's still activated. I removed it, then activated it again to be sure it is running.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Its because you backed them up with cwm 3.021 (I think that's the one) it didn't backup my ext.. Properly either, . I had to flash 3.0.2.8 and reinstall all my apps and then I made a new backup with the new recovery and it worked, for some reason 3.0.2.1 has problems mounting sdext. When you make a backup with it, it even says unable to mount ext2 during the process.

Curious if you could post a link to 3.0.2.8? There are so many versions of CWM and they are dated which makes it difficult for me to find that version without flashing them all. :(

Jsadik

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the factory reset option in the settings app isn't removed in this rom. Could someone confirm this on their phone? If so, could it be removed in the next build? Thanks for your work.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that the factory reset option in the settings app isn't removed in this rom. Could someone confirm this on their phone? If so, could it be removed in the next build? Thanks for your work.

confirmed it's there in the latest 0803 build. It should be named the 'nuclear' button.

Reactions: Jsadik