[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with Green Power on this ROM as well. It worked great for the first day then it started messing with my WiFi and 3G to the point of not being able to use them. just figured it was Not compatible(designed) with this ROM and deleted it and went to Juice Defender.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Check your juice defender settings..

I had problems with Green Power on this ROM as well. It worked great for the first day then it started messing with my WiFi and 3G to the point of not being able to use them. just figured it was Not compatible(designed) with this ROM and deleted it and went to Juice Defender.

Im having the exact same problem with both. Once they disable 3g its impossible to turn it back on. I even deleted/forgot my wifi connection so wifi didnt have anything to connect to. It still turned 3g off and wifi on. Im gonna go with a log cat tomorrow after sitting overnight and see if Blarf can figure it out.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok this is getting annoying. I dont know what Im doing wrong but same thing happens with Juicedefender. After a bit trying to disable wifi and force 3g on fails and wifi turns itself back on. Rebooted and same thing. This is one of the reasons I didnt like using battery saver apps before on my DX. The ability to override the app is suppose to be there however the app will say screw you ******* Im reverting back to the other way.

Go into green power's setting and turn off wifi management. Then you have full manual control over WIFI. When you turn off WIFI it will force 3G, when you turn it on it forces WIFI.

You can also turn off notifications for wifi so green power doesn't turn orange.

I hate juice defender. Used to love it. I downloaded green power because you mentioned it. I like it.

Reactions: Eollie

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Im having the exact same problem with both. Once they disable 3g its impossible to turn it back on. I even deleted/forgot my wifi connection so wifi didnt have anything to connect to. It still turned 3g off and wifi on. Im gonna go with a log cat tomorrow after sitting overnight and see if Blarf can figure it out.

I've had similar trouble before. What worked for me was toggling airplane mode, usually it took a few seconds to enter airplane mode. Like something was stuck. But after I took it out of airplane mode 3G would return.

I've had this trouble on all roms.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Actually I was using the aosp version of CWM.

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img looks like it's available here:

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img

MD5 checksum = 541a89ec68425a5fa3952fb83e4a284f

Because 'aosp' never publicly released his source I have NO IDEA how this differs from the other CWM posted.

Wow, I just flashed that recovery and that one seems to work very well. Thanks.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Would love a slimmed down version without bloat! How does this compare to AOSP?

You can remove the bloat yourself

Here are all the bloatware that are safe to remove from this ROM after flashing as tested by myself.

rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
rm /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
rm /system/app/Androidian.apk
rm /system/app/Calculator.apk
rm /system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
rm /system/app/CMStats.apk
rm /system/app/CMWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/Cyanbread.apk
rm /system/app/DSPManager.apk
rm /system/app/Email.apk
rm /system/app/FM.apk
rm /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
rm /system/app/Gmail.apk
rm /system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
rm /system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
rm /system/app/LatinImeTutorial.apk
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
rm /system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
rm /system/app/Protips.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeChooser.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeManager.apk
rm /system/app/Pacman.apk
rm /system/app/CMUpdateNotify.apk
rm /system/app/Development.apk
rm /system/app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For those experiencing strange highlighting issues, try disabling surface dithering under cyanogenmod settings >> performance. I don't know if it will help with the highlights, but it should make everything run a bit smoother.

For those having issues with wifi, we are working on it, but for now you might like to try Drew's XioniaRedux kernel. I believe you will have to swap the home/menu keys and change the build.prop and apns.conf files per mmarz's sprint to ov conversion methods.

Currently syncing with IHO source, lots of CM commits and rearranging of the code, should have a new build with gps tweaks and a few other small fixes up tonite. Trying a new build procedure, should cut down the size a bit and will be posting md5 checksums to insure upload/download integrity.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
For those experiencing strange highlighting issues, try disabling surface dithering under cyanogenmod settings >> performance. I don't know if it will help with the highlights, but it should make everything run a bit smoother.

For those having issues with wifi, we are working on it, but for now you might like to try Drew's XioniaRedux kernel. I believe you will have to swap the home/menu keys and change the build.prop and apns.conf files per mmarz's sprint to ov conversion methods.

Currently syncing with IHO source, lots of CM commits and rearranging of the code, should have a new build with gps tweaks and a few other small fixes up tonite. Trying a new build procedure, should cut down the size a bit and will be posting md5 checksums to insure upload/download integrity.

You just have to do the key swap and that's it, it actually runs very good with this rom, if you use the sprint-ov mod it shows you are using android 2.34 instead of 2.35, Im not sure if it just says you are, or it really downgrades

Reactions: JerryScript

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You can remove the bloat yourself
I think OP means a rom that doesnt require you to flash the rom first to remove the bloat, as stated in the instructions you posted ....

Besides its *easier* for some to install selected bloat ware you want then to guess uninstall everytime you flash a new build .

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
As stated in Blarf's OP, this is being kept as close to CyanogenMod 7 as possible. This means building it with the standard CM7 features. I want to insure that my build process doesn't cause users any issues, so tonite's build will be 100% IHO.

Luckily, the source and instructions to build it are freely available. So anyone can build a lightweight version at any time. ;)

You can also remove the apps you don't care for from the zip file before flashing any ROM. Open it as an archive with 7-zip, delete the apps you don't want (careful!), go into the META-INF folder and delete the CERT.RSA CERT.SF and MANIFEST.MF files, then close it. Then use something like android signer to sign it, and then flash as usual.

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Latest build is up 08032011, see the first page for download links and changes. ;)

Thanks for the update.... trying it right now !!

But the problem regarding QPST or CDMA Workshop is still present.. With this rom neither software detect the phone... I really hope you can look on that.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

i tried out drews build, same wifi problem :[ what gives. i dont have this problem via asop or bb

Last edited:

moonknightus

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Latest build is up 08032011, see the first page for download links and changes. ;)

Wifi still randomly drops every 2 - 5 minutes when using DHCP. I can successfully connect and remain connected to my home network using a static IP. This, however, presents the problem of not being able to use other networks.

XioniaRedux kernel has the same problem for me.