[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I found something odd with that lil bug when using certain apps like fbook how it'll get the line. But when using aldiko(book/pdf reader). When i try to look at the menu while reading a book it'll get those lines again. But when i switch between day/night it goes away. Looks like it only happens when the background is white? Idk.

CAP2011081722241.png

CAP201108172224.png

Sent from my LG-VM670

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I did a build from the repo earlier tonite (about 7PM Eastern time), the GPS works fine in that build. I've used the app "GPS Status" to doublecheck that it's actually enabled, besides relying on the status bar & Maps. I'll really be testing it out tomorrow & Saturday, going to NYC for some funtime, and, I plan on using the GPS extensively. I do have a backup of a previous ROM, just in case I run into issues I can always go back. Can't do anymore testing until Sunday, and, I'm sure it will be resolved by then.

Interesting. I don't see any change in the repository that might fix the GPS problem. Let me sync again and rebuild.

jyklly

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I don't see any change in the repository that might fix the GPS problem. Let me sync again and rebuild.

GPS is working fine for me on the build that I posted. Others seem to be having troubles though:

Leaving GPS enabled allows apps to use it whenever they like. Sometimes it's convenient, but other times badly written apps (or apps with bugs) will use it by accident in the background and drain your battery. It's safer to turn it off when not in use (Use CM's notification widget to add a toggle switch).

I'm happy to report that it looks like the "GPS toggle high drain" bug seems to be fixed in the latest IHO build (0817). I'll test it some more to be sure.

UPDATE: Looks like I spoke too soon. After turning on & off GPS, it wont' turn back on again, this is probably the state that the BACKside ROM starts out with, no GPS icon even though it's turned on in the settings & an app is supposed to use it.

I have tried to recreate this bug by turning GPS off/on, letting the phone sleep etc but it is still working for me.

Let us know how your build goes.

Cheers

curly123

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
+1 for GPS not working on 0817 build.

Downloaded couple of GPS-enabled apps. No matter whether GPS is enabled or not in the settings, apps either say it's disabled ("GPS Status") or crash ("GPS Test").

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I has that bad 3g stuff going on. So i tried going back to 8/10 and all three times the status bar would fc and shut the phone down in 2 min lol. Flash back to 8/17 and the 3g stuff fixed itself o_O

Sent from my LG-VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I've removed the link on the OP and the wiki to the 0817 BACKside-IHO build due to gps issues. Will post a new build soon, till then use the 0810 or one of the other IHO builds if you need GPS and already flashed the 0817 build. Sorry for the inconvenience.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what surface dithering actually does and if it would be best to leave it on or off? Howecome everytime i scroll through my homescreen my widgets get blurred up. It happens with surface dithering on and off.

dragas89

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Reverted back to 081011 with a full data wipe and a backup of all my text messages, now I can't send pictures messages again? Is there any fix to that? Also great work, I love these roms!:D

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have synced and rebuilt IHO again last night. GPS is still not functional. Reboot, sleep, and turning GPS on/off don't help. I will not post this build or any other build until GPS starts working again. I have reverted back to 08132011 build myself.

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Unless a new build comes out with some ridiculously awesome feature that I can't live without, I'm sticking with the 8/10 build. It is super stable, with amazing battery life and no obvious bugs.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Reverted back to 081011 with a full data wipe and a backup of all my text messages, now I can't send pictures messages again? Is there any fix to that? Also great work, I love these roms!:D
Settings>applications>manage applications>find messaging and clear data. Reboot and try again.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Code:
Installing: SDCARD:download/Cyanbread-signed.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Installing Cyanabread
mount() expects 4 args, got 3
E:Error in /sdcard/download/Cyanbread-signed.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Cyanabread is not a typo, that's what it says.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
What exactly are you trying to install? Is it a theme, rom or what? Where did you get it? Are you sure it is compatible with the Optimus V? Need a little more info to be able to help.