[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: problem with Bing 2.0 app

Android Market app did not show it. I used the browser to go to the Android Market website. This time, Bing app was found but it was shown as "not available" for Virgin Mobile. Apparently that app is exclusive to a few carriers. A version is available here if you want to download. I did not.

Thanks for the help. (The link you provided is for a year-old version of the Bing app. That version was not very impressive, but the current version is 1000x better. ) And thank you for comfirming that it's not just me & my phone having the problem.

I believe the issue is not carrier exclusivity (see this link ); rather, there's something in the IHO build that makes the market think the phone is not compatible. If I flash my phone back to Froyo, I can download and install the Bing app. However, I can't download the app when running IHO, which makes me pretty certain it's a setting somewhere in IHO that's causing this problem.

And, the issue isn't so much just the bing app (as I said, I have a work around). The issue is: what *other* apps are not showing up in the market when you do a search because they 'think' they are not compatible?

Last edited:

checcles

May 19, 2011
Visit site
thinking of switching over from aosp's since my phone just now randomly turns off and on for some reason and I still can't get SMS to work.

Instead of thumbing through all the pages, can someone please link me to the latest STABLE(ish) version of IHO? What doesn't work yet?

Thanks,

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Small solution if u wanna use bing app. Flash back to froyo and use titanium for a backup and flash iho and restore. Kinda out of the way. But it works. Idk?

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Small solution if u wanna use bing app. Flash back to froyo and use titanium for a backup and flash iho and restore. Kinda out of the way. But it works. Idk?
Yes, that's what I'm doing. However, I prefer to fix problems at the source rather than just use band-aid solutions. As I wrote in my prior post:
And, the issue isn't so much just the bing app (as I said, I have a work around). The issue is: what *other* apps are not showing up in the market when you do a search because they 'think' they are not compatible?

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
thinking of switching over from aosp's since my phone just now randomly turns off and on for some reason and I still can't get SMS to work.

Instead of thumbing through all the pages, can someone please link me to the latest STABLE(ish) version of IHO? What doesn't work yet?

Thanks,

Here u go, all versions of iho. Differences, reported bugs n such. Btw i suggest checking out jerrys green machine theme. Pretty wicked. I believe it is in the 3rd post of this thread.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

Reactions: JerryScript

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help. (The link you provided is for a year-old version of the Bing app. That version was not very impressive, but the current version is 1000x better. ) And thank you for comfirming that it's not just me & my phone having the problem.

I believe the issue is not carrier exclusivity (see this link ); rather, there's something in the IHO build that makes the market think the phone is not compatible. If I flash my phone back to Froyo, I can download and install the Bing app. However, I can't download the app when running IHO, which makes me pretty certain it's a setting somewhere in IHO that's causing this problem.

You can see below. Android Market states that it is not available on Virgin Mobile.

bingj.png

I am not aware of any other application that says it is not compatible with OV on the Market. If you find any other please post.

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the IHO boot logo,to make it a locksreen wallpaper. The one on jerrys 08172011 build. Currently on mrg666 08202011 build.

citizeninsane89

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

You can see below. Android Market states that it is not available on Virgin Mobile.

bingj.png

I am not aware of any other application that says it is not compatible with OV on the Market. If you find any other please post.

Bing is exclusive to VZW.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Bing is exclusive to VZW.

Are you both ignoring him saying he can install it with a froyo rom installed?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Are you both ignoring him saying he can install it with a froyo rom installed?

Are you ignoring the screenshot on "Windows" stating that it is not available on Virgin Mobile? I don't care if it can be installed on Froyo because it is not supposed to install.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to get the IHO boot logo,to make it a locksreen wallpaper. The one on jerrys 08172011 build. Currently on mrg666 08202011 build.

There are two versions, I made them in PNG for picture and wallpaper, and an RLE version for rom builders. I don't know which Jerry used. I may build a few others before long, I was just messing around on a break when I made these. When building IHO, RLE files are found in android/system/device/lge/thunderc/files. The pics here are png, RLE files are linked.

initlogo2.rle (this needs to be renamed to initlogo.rle for use in a rom.)
logonodroid.png

RLE file
logougw.png

Last edited:

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much. I bet you found bing by googling :)

Edit: Googled for "bing apk android download" and found the link on the second page. Google finds the M$ product on the internet, M$ hides its own garbage on Google's Market. How ironic! If I had a Verizon phone with Bing, that would be the first app deleted after rooting.
Lol yep, that's why Google is are friend, now they just need to clean up their search results like you say mrg666 :p

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up on the wiki and the front page of this thread, BACKside-IHO-VM670-08202011 ;)

I asked someone why they use Bing, response:

Because
I
Need (to)
Google

I couldn't stop laughing! :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez