[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You don't have a custom reocovery installed, and you probably aren't rooted yet. Please read the stickies at the top of this forum. They will walk you through what we are talking about, and show you how to root, install a custom recovery, and flash a new rom.

Just click on the Everything link in my signature below to get started! ;)

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I love it! The only thing I don't like is the battery life compared to Harmonia! That's what's keeping me with Froyo =P

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you again to Jerryscript and Blarf for this awesome ROM. I love telling friends that I run 2.3.5 on my phone.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You don't have a custom reocovery installed, and you probably aren't rooted yet. Please read the stickies at the top of this forum. They will walk you through what we are talking about, and show you how to root, install a custom recovery, and flash a new rom.

Just click on the Everything link in my signature below to get started! ;)

Thanks, but I do have the phone rooted...it shouldn't be so hard for someone writing steps to include a sentence before the step saying where you need to be or what you need to have done before they tell you what to do. When one pro is talking to another pro, you leave out the steps a rookie needs, i.e. the step between the step that isn't written, the "assumed" part, or the "common knowledge" problem.

I have found no less than three or four sets of instructions to complete the process, from some fairly simple, to some not so simple.

Thanks...

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I do have the phone rooted...it shouldn't be so hard for someone writing steps to include a sentence before the step saying where you need to be or what you need to have done before they tell you what to do. When one pro is talking to another pro, you leave out the steps a rookie needs, i.e. the step between the step that isn't written, the "assumed" part, or the "common knowledge" problem.

I have found no less than three or four sets of instructions to complete the process, from some fairly simple, to some not so simple.

Thanks...

The how to root and install custom rom sticky was pretty simplified. In a nut shell

1.root
2.download busybox and super user
3.download rom manager, and flash custom recovery for optimus v.
4.reboot in recovery, make backup
5. Download rom and gapps.
6.wipe data, cache, sdext system
7. Download zip from sdcard, rom then gapps
8. Reboot

I think i got everything and it doesn't get any more simplified then that

Reactions: JerryScript

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I love it! The only thing I don't like is the battery life compared to Harmonia! That's what's keeping me with Froyo =P

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Have you played around with the min/max clock speeds? I've read that having a min CPU speed of less than 400 MHz is actually bad. I've increased my max/min to 768/480 and noticed my battery life has actually increased .

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you played around with the min/max clock speeds? I've read that having a min CPU speed of less than 400 MHz is actually bad. I've increased my max/min to 768/480 and noticed my battery life has actually increased .

I run 806/480 Interactive, and I also find it improves battery life.

Sent via VM670

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I run 806/480 Interactive, and I also find it improves battery life.

Sent via VM670

In the Harmonia thread LeslieAnn actually puts a link and describes this very phenomenon. IIRC she says something about using 400 as a baseline if you just surf and stream music, but if you play videos or games or anything highly intensive like that, then 600 should be your baseline. and then something about if the phone is getting how, to increase your clock speed. Too lazy to go look it up haha but I know I saw it in there, which is why I set mine up to at least 480.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
In the Harmonia thread LeslieAnn actually puts a link and describes this very phenomenon. IIRC she says something about using 400 as a baseline if you just surf and stream music, but if you play videos or games or anything highly intensive like that, then 600 should be your baseline. and then something about if the phone is getting how, to increase your clock speed. Too lazy to go look it up haha but I know I saw it in there, which is why I set mine up to at least 480.

Yeah. I'd say that's a must read for anyone rooted with an overclockable kernel. The link is in the first post on the official Harmonia thread. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=78956

I've also ran Harmonia at 806/806 in the past excellent battery life and no heat. I think one of the shortcomings of a constant speed is music streaming. As it'll just peg your processor non-stop. All that is discussed in that thread you mentioned though.

Sent from my iPod touch

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a little off-topic for the direction this conversation is going, but has this ROMs buggy accelerometer problem been fixed, yet? When i use my phone I like to play a game from the market called "Papi Jump", and its extremely accelerometer-intensive. From my past experiences with CM7 ROMs, I remember there being a noticeable lag in accelerometer performance. The little red dude in the game would jerk whenever making slight movements to make him go left or right, and because of this and a few other reasons, I so far am staying with the Froyo ROM "Harmonia 1.0 + Init.d + Bumblebee Kernel" since it has offered up very few problems, BUT; knowing the reputation of CM7 ROMs and their unbelievable performance and originality--plus the fact that this one is being actively maintained--leads me to ask this.

Has this accelerometer problem been fixed? And are there any other major problems, besides the ones listed that aren't striken through, that affect this ROM? Jerry or Blarf, your feedback would be greatly appreciated, i was thinking about switching to this ROM again, but i would love to know of its side effects.

Cheers,
MrDaggs

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
No, sorry, the acceleratometer bug still exists in all CM7 based ROMs afaik. The bug is cumulative, it gets worse as time goes by. The workaround is to reboot, which resets it, and it seems to be fine for at least a day. I test with My Paper Plane 2, and it works perfectly so long as I've rebooted within a day or so (I pretty much reboot more than once a day testing stuff out).

I imagine the team at CM hasn't fixed it becasue like most phone devs, they never go more than a day without rebooting, so they never experience the bug. Out of sight, out of mind. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks...

Sorry, I go with the assumption that people have read the stickies first. I know, I shouldn't assume. ;)

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The how to root and install custom rom sticky was pretty simplified. In a nut shell

1.root
2.download busybox and super user
3.download rom manager, and flash custom recovery for optimus v.
4.reboot in recovery, make backup
5. Download rom and gapps.
6.wipe data, cache, sdext system
7. Download zip from sdcard, rom then gapps
8. Reboot

I think i got everything and it doesn't get any more simplified then that

The point I seem to fail to make is that your steps are TOO simple. Your steps are like an outline, and if you are going to write a paper or give a speech on a topic you know, an outline is sufficient. It is not sufficient for a rookie to go through.

The initial steps I saw for doing this didn't mention busybox or super user, but I have both on the phone already, as well as rom manager. I downloaded to the phone all the files I thought were needed:

aospcwmod
backside iho
gapps
iho recovery

The next thing I found out was that I would have to do a custom boot recovery. I don't know that the first instructions I found said "custom'. That is where I am stuck now. I took the file named "iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.2.img" and renamed it "recovery.img", did the reboot of the phone again and came right back to the stock recovery choices??? I noticed while working on the phone that there was a vrecovery.img. Is it using that one instead of recovery.img I put on the SD? Where in the instructions did it tell me how to overcome this obstacle? In my attempt to get past yet another undocumented obstacle, I am going to remove or rename vrecovery and rename mine vrecovery and see if that works.

I hope i am making my point that you guys know all this stuff, you don't need it written in the steps, you can get by with an outline, and don't need each step, each command spelled out. Or in this case, that just renaming the file recovery.img wasn't correct.

I really want to do this but just wish I didn't have to keep running into obstacles and wish someone had a step by step process for my phone.

Your efforts are appreciated, but I hope you also see that your "outline" just doesn't get a person from A-Z.

Thanks

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a little egg on my face.... I went to the stickies and there is this one:

"Optimus V Modding (READ THIS TO GET STARTED)"

Seemed like the place to go...I tried the process and links suggest there and ran into nothing but trouble.

Instead it seems I should have ignored the "READ THIS TO GET STARTED" and instead gone to the other link for putting on the custom ROM.

Now what the other guy said about busybox, etc. makes sense as the "get started" process does not use that method.

I think if you expect people to find the "right" sticky, the other one should say get started, or if it does, it should reference the other stick. In other words, it seems the two stickies conflict with each other, and I made the wrong assumption that reading the "get started" one was where I should start :)

My thanks to all those who are putting up with me on my quest, but also try and understand how a person can get confused when there are two stickies with polar opposite methods to complete the process, and following the one process is full of unexplained steps that I was complaining weren't adequate for someone who is a rookie to the process!

My humble thanks!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You can just flash recovery with rom manager, its not my recovery of chooice, but it works and its simple

Seems I am cursed...once i thought I found a process I could actually manage to get through, I have ran into a glitch and need help please.

Before joining this threat, I already had gone through the whole manual ADB process or whatever you call it to hack the root. Titanium and Busybox worked fine with my root hack. I installed ROM mgr and moved the various programs to the SD.

Ran ROM Mgr and it got "stuck" with the blue status bar in the middle of the M in ROM. It just wouldn't move. I didn't know what else to do but to start over. I copied over a fresh copy of the programs to the SD and ran it again... Got to the same point and hung.

Did another reboot and found an issue... I had the program called Root and Me on the same page with SU, etc. I noticed when going back to the page to run ROM Mgr that the icon said "loading". It was stuck on loading. When I tried to run the program, it said it wasn't installed. Then when I long pressed it to uninstall or delete it, it said the program was something called jake.root or something like that?

Is it possible a program in the flash process overwrote Root and Me, and also got itself scrozzle so now it is unable to complete the flash process?

When I try to install the CW flash now, it actually errors out saying it is unable to complete instead of just being stuck???

What would you suggest I do next? I don't know where I could have gone wrong to end up here?

I am just wondering if there is a Root and Me/CW conflict?

Thanks to everyone!:confused:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87