[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 09192011 build to the Wiki.
- BobZhome's v3 kernel has replaced the standard IHO kernel. Thanks Bob!
- Framework updates from CM manually applied to IHO repo.
- CM sync as usual
- disabled ip-renewal service
- removed development.apk
- removed CMUpdateNotify.apk and CMstats.apk since I don't think IHO will ever be an official part of CM (and it is fine). There is no need to run these services in the background.

Flashed on my phone and working fine so far. FYI, I also uninstall Email.apk (-> K9-mail), Music.apk (-> Music from Market), and Gallery3d.apk (-> QuickPic from Market) for my own use. You can uninstall these system apps using Titanium.

Also updated the transparency theme in the Wiki.

Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry.

WARNING: Smartass governor is not working in this new kernel, you can use interactive instead.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Dear Sir, thanks for your hard work and putting together your guide. For me, the ROM Manager method would consistently fail. Tried a couple ways and I think I got it to work using Terminal Emulator. I ended up doing a Factory Reset and I still don't think all is well. Got it to finally boot into the IHO recovery mode and am now trying to do the backup. It seems to be stuck on the logo thing? Don't know how long to leave it on that screen before I can expect it to do something? Was thinking I would get a menu next asking me if I want to do a backup or restore, instead I got the hat with the gold circle and it is stuck there.

Thanks again!

you did a factory reset through the phone settings? every single thread on installing custom roms say DO NOT DO THAT. if you really want to install custom roms on your phone, you really have to read all directions when doing this. here try this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...st-boot-loop-issues-caused-factory-reset.html

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Loving the middle clock!

4ceedc42-df9f-94e6.jpg

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
In the middle of the status bar?

Sent via VM670

Not for me. The clock is on the right. Let me flash it again and check.

My bad... apparently my ROM was 3 days behind. Lol. Should be up to date now.

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
would running this on blarfs recovery vs cwma make much if any difference? I've only used cwma wondering if with a different kernel I could maybe get a bit higher OC too.

Will probably update to the newest rom tonight, love the previous build. :)

hrtk

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Just put BACKside IHO on my girlfriends Optimus V and it is working great! With it OC'd to 807mhz it flies and she is happy angry birds rio no longer lags :).. Downloaded swype beta and seems to be working great, hopefully it will be included in one of the future builds along with a blur camera. Ill report back if I run into any issues. Also it seems her MMS seem to be going through, which with rooted stock rom they would not, so thats a good sign!

Reactions: JerryScript

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just put BACKside IHO on my girlfriends Optimus V and it is working great! With it OC'd to 807mhz it flies and she is happy angry birds rio no longer lags :).. Downloaded swype beta and seems to be working great, hopefully it will be included in one of the future builds along with a blur camera. Ill report back if I run into any issues. Also it seems her MMS seem to be going through, which with rooted stock rom they would not, so thats a good sign!

Iho is awesome

/story

Sorry for off topic. Just popped in my copy of gears 3!

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Can you flash this over the last version and keep all your apps and settings, or does it have to be setup like a fresh ROM?

If you are installing a update of the exact ROM you are currently using (i.e. installing Jerry's 9/19 version over Jerry's 8/31 version) then all you have to wipe is cache partition and dalvik cache. You may also need to reflash gapps. All apps and settings should stay the same.

If however you are installing Jerry's version over say Bob's version then you have to do a full wipe and reflash gapps after flashing the ROM. You will have to reinstall all your apps and redo all your settings.

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are installing a update of the exact ROM you are currently using (i.e. installing Jerry's 9/19 version over Jerry's 8/31 version) then all you have to wipe is cache partition and dalvik cache. You may also need to reflash gapps. All apps and setting should stay the same.

Iirc any update of backside past 8/19 or 8/25 requires gapps to be flashed also.

AND REMEMBER

If you use green machine theme, always flash the latest version or you may get stuck in boot loop.
From personal experience it's not cool staring at your phone for 30+ min thinking it's just a long first boot lol.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
would running this on blarfs recovery vs cwma make much if any difference? I've only used cwma wondering if with a different kernel I could maybe get a bit higher OC too.

Will probably update to the newest rom tonight, love the previous build. :)
No the kernels built for this phone only go so high. They have been tested higher but were VERY unstable.
IHO recovery is probably the safest bet on recovery. I know one of the cwm recoveries works just not sure which one.

Never got an answer on this one. Thanks.

Sent via VM670

As answered its not necessary but its likely you will run into problems. If you use something like Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro you can avoid some of the re-configuring. Jerry has introduced a bug that seems to require reflashing gapps. Not intentional but I think he posted it popped in and he is having trouble figuring it out.

I suggest just wiping and flashing like its all new. Take the time to backup via one of the backup apps and then restore it.