[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Is it recommended that you flash gapps after you flash the ROM like you do with BACKside? And if so is there a particular one to use, or just use the same one from that BACKside post?

Sent via VM670

You can find the gapps link in the 7th item in the list of installation instructions on the Wiki page. You can normally flash gapps right after flashing the ROM (it works for me this way) but it is safer if you can boot with the updated ROM once before flashing gapps. If you want to try the latest gapps you can find it here (I have not tried myself).

If you are asking if flashing gapps is necessary when you just update the ROM. No, it is not necessary, I never needed reflashing gapps if I have not done a full wipe. This is my experience on two phones after many times (maybe more than 20 times) updating the ROM using my build.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ticojpunk

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have updated my build in the Wiki with 09242011. Synced two recent merges in the CM framework/base repo adding missing functions in the 2D accelerated rendering libraries. I wanted to test if OV had any benefit from these merges. So, if you try please post here if you see any improvement on the screen animations and transitions. I am not sure if this is placebo effect but there seems to be some improvement on the screen animations on my OV. There are no other changes.

maybe this will fix the auto rotate lag?

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
The question/test was not answered...was market installed correctly with any of the Gapps?
Did you try Spiral_ouT fix:
Code:
Steps I took to get Gapps working:

1) Reboot into recovery
2) Wipe cache / delvik
3) Flash ROM
4) Reboot
5) Reboot into recovery
6) Flash Newest Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
7) Reboot

Not sure why I had to do it that way, but it worked.
to see if it worked for you?

I tried Spiral_ouT's fix, and when i reboot into recovery, after first reboot, and flash the 20110828 gapps.zip it gets stuck in a boot loop. Neither test that you said i should try made the market appear. I had to go into /system/app folder on device and select Vending.apk and replace the app. Once I did that, the market showed up and worked fine.

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
How long does it take for a mature batterystats.bin file? I sure as hell did not get 24 hours usage but I'm assuming that I will get to that point after some recharge cycles?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I think a may have found the problem with Gapps...I believe the ROM's that are having problems are the ones that have Pacman removed. There was a new market patch merged into Pacman here: https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Pacman/commit/4383efb7e459bdd56935b03c0eeef7341d96abc8 that is not in the ROM you are using, which I believe is causing the Gapps problem.
Bob

Which ROM? The pacman commit is not a part of the IHO repo due to the package coming from CM repo, so it should have been added automatically to any IHO build since the commit. I'm a bit confused, is one of the builders using a different remote for those packages?

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing PDANET issues with the sms agent, I can send texts and connect to the internet just fine, but receiving texts through it does not work I have to use my phone to read them (both versions of PDANET do match)

glowshi

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
After using backside 8/31 for a few weeks and then 9/19 for a week I've also noticed significantly worse battery life with 9/19. I flashed 8/31 back over 9/19 and now my battery life is great again. Before going back to backside 8/31 I also tried a clean install of mirage 9/24 and all suggested versions and flashing methods of gapps and could not get the market to show up...

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
After using backside 8/31 for a few weeks and then 9/19 for a week I've also noticed significantly worse battery life with 9/19. I flashed 8/31 back over 9/19 and now my battery life is great again. Before going back to backside 8/31 I also tried a clean install of mirage 9/24 and all suggested versions and flashing methods of gapps and could not get the market to show up...

I noticed the same thing, I'm afraid to leave the house without a charger now. I cant' find a single app running constantly so idk what is making it drain so fast.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would imagine it's the kernel. Which governor are you using? I will switch back to Blarf's kernel as soon as he updates the drivers to support the new screens. Hopefully that will help.

Last edited:

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing amazing battery life on the 9/19 Backside (compared to 9/16 Backside and Harmonia 1.5-1.6). 7 hours and 33 minutes off the charger with heavy use (23 photos, 1 ~20min call, a few emails & texts, and a lot of web browsing), and I'm still at 79% charge. Best battery life out of any rom I've tried.

Min frequency-600
Max-806
Ondemand

Only thing negative I've found about 9/19 is a lot more Force Closes and pictures taken with the camera don't show up in the gallery. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

Last edited: