[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm experiencing amazing battery life on the 9/19 Backside (compared to 9/16 Backside and Harmonia 1.5-1.6). 7 hours and 33 minutes off the charger with heavy use (23 photos, 1 ~20min call, a few emails & texts, and a lot of web browsing), and I'm still at 79% charge. Best battery life out of any rom I've tried.

Min frequency-600
Max-806
Ondemand

Only thing negative I've found about 9/19 is a lot more Force Closes and pictures taken with the camera don't show up in the gallery. Any ideas on why this might be happening?

The camera and gallery are both sensitive to too high of an overclock. Try dropping down a notch or two and see if you get better results.

On my phone, I actually get better performance a notch below the max I can overclock to without a crash.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol@ jerry

When flashing 9 19
Right after welcome to backside
Says preparing sysetm files

Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Btw clock overlay fix no work. Flashing it the first time gave me the bsod i havent seen that since win95. Lol.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
It's the same kernel taht I have been using since aospc

Goto settings ----> about phone, then scroll down to kernel version. Mine says 2.6.32.9-v2 bobzhome@ ubuntu #1

Check and see for sure. Yours should be similar as u have flashed iho. (Just as jerry said ^^^^)

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I will switch back to Blarf's kernel as soon as he updates the drivers to support the new screens. Hopefully that will help.

Jerry, is it possible that you can put up a version that has Blarf's current Kernel? I do not have the screen issue.

I like BACKside including the latest updates, but the battery drain is killing my buzz...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

Blastin

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yea, the battery life is not much better than my intercept judging from the last 2 days of usage. I'm down 13% after 1 hr 13m with the mirage build.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
MMS will not download via wifi. I have to turn wifi off and enable 3G to download the message.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I have on 2 separate IHO ROM's (BACKside & BobZhome).

And a buddy of mine using CM7 on the original Motorola Droid, appears to be having the same issue.

So possibly a CM7 issue?

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
MMS will not download via wifi. I have to turn wifi off and enable 3G to download the message.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I have on 2 separate IHO ROM's (BACKside & BobZhome).

And a buddy of mine using CM7 on the original Motorola Droid, appears to be having the same issue.

So possibly a CM7 issue?

Not a CM7 issue. On any phone with any ROM, you must have 3G enabled in order to download MMS because the messages are coming from the network.
Do you disable 3G when you have wifi enabled?

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not a CM7 issue. On any phone with any ROM, you must have 3G enabled in order to download MMS because the messages are coming from the network.
Do you disable 3G when you have wifi enabled?

It automatically turns off... But I don't recall this issue when I was stock...

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

So possibly a CM7 issue?

Hmm...no MMS at all on jerry's 0831 build (with wifi off, 3g on). I haven't noticed this before. Maybe VM is having issues in my area. Gonna nandroid to Bumblebee2.4 and test.

UPDATE: MMS worked fine on BB 2.4. Sent/received with no issues. Still no go on 0831 Backside

Last edited:

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It automatically turns off... But I don't recall this issue when I was stock...

I know on stock, unless you specifically turn off 3G it will stay open in the background when WiFi is on because I was able to download MMS even when WiFi was on because I also left the 3G running and the 3G would pick up the message.

I do not know specifically the case with CM7 as CM is a relatively new animal to me, but irregardless of phone or ROM, 3G is required for MMS, they will not download on WiFi. If CM7 completely disables the 3G while WiFi is enabled then that would be a CM7 issue, but the MMS not downloading on WiFi is not.

Reactions: ShortRound51
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I hadn't mentioned it yet because it's trivial, but my mms has been totally nonfunctional all month now. works in froyo-derived roms, so it's not a network issue. I only use wifi as an AP.

I always wipe everything before flashing. boot, cache, dalvik cache, data, and system
I need to check the newer builds. been using mirage lately, and backside before getting my replacement ov since mangling my first one.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
MMS works fine for me on the 9/19 build, and the 8/31 build has over a thousand downloads and no reports of non-functioning mms. If you can't get it working, do a full wipe/format in recovery, then reflash the ROM and gapps.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 09262011 build to the Wiki. I have synced with CM. You can go here to check the changes since 09242011.
Two of the most visible changes are
- Camera interface updated yet again. I have tested movie and picture modes both still work.
- A new lock screen widget: Rings. You can see it in action here

I have tested as much as I can and did not find any problems yet. But be ready to flash your previous ROM in case there is a problem.

Do not use the old transparency theme with this build since the framework and Systemui have changed significantly. I will add the new theme tonight. -> DONE, you can download it now.

WARNING about link2sd: If you don't use link2sd or still using the old version 1.8, you don't have any problem. The latest version 1.9.1 has difficulty with this build due to new native apps2d function introduced in this version. It complains that the second partition was mounted after the user interface and asks a quick reboot instead of creating its own mount script. Do the following to remedy this problem.
- Before flashing the ROM update, using a root file manager (I use and recommend ES File Explorer) copy /system/etc/init.d/11link2sd to your sdcard.
- Flash the ROM update as usual.
- After the first boot, you will see link2sd warning in the status bar.
- After giving about 5 minutes time for the new ROM update to finish its tasks, run link2sd and let it do the quick reboot.
- After quick reboot, copy 11link2sd from sdcard to /system/etc/init.d and change its permissions to rwxr-x--- (use ES File Explorer)
- Reboot and check if links2sd warning is gone.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
MMS works fine for me on the 9/19 build, and the 8/31 build has over a thousand downloads and no reports of non-functioning mms. If you can't get it working, do a full wipe/format in recovery, then reflash the ROM and gapps.

yeah, maybe the gapps has something to do with it. I've done the full wipe and reflash multiple times since I lost access to the MMS in gingerbread. in xionia, cwm, and iho recoveries. And I've tried two different builder's roms... yours and mrg's. On two different OV's!
mms hangs on 'sending' forever, and wants me to 'download' incoming media, which also hangs forever when I press the button.
Maybe it is something to do with my local network!
I never used to have to flash the gapps to get basic phone functions like mms, though. I haven't even flashed gapps once since way back when I was first using aospCmod months ago.
'Ain't gonna do it.... Wouldn't be prudent.' :-\
man, I hate those gapps. resource eaters.

I guess I'll get back to working on that multiboot recovery so I can flip between roms without taxing my NAND's lifespan on my new phone. MMS and the SMS character counter are about the only things I like better in the froyo roms than in GB. Not worth running froyo for messaging, I really detest not being able to select text with any accuracy on webpages.

Kotton

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I like the rings xD, you were right about my kernel being different I thought you changed the kernel manually, live and learn. :)

Noticed that when I try to manually enable usb tether through settings it just loops usb connection. Is there something I need to setup or what? xD
I've been using pda net up till now but with the sms agent not working properly there is no point in using a not non native program

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I just flashed BACKside 9/19 and noticed the clock in the middle of the status bar doesn't scroll out when you get a notification.

When I receive a text, the battery meter and 3G indicator/signal strength slide out the top but the clock stays where it is. If a text message comes in that's long enough the clock covers up the message body.

Any way to get that to scroll out or to revert to the stock clock on the right side of the status bar?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non