[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
im experiencing battery drain on the new backside build....i have juice defender, 3G off, brightness low..

but i do have wifi on most of the time for internet radio , could that be the problem ?

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
im experiencing battery drain on the new backside build....i have juice defender, 3G off, brightness low..

but i do have wifi on most of the time for internet radio , could that be the problem ?

Or juice defender? That app does more harm than good. Useless!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
How? It's good for people who don't want to constantly toggle mobile data.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

It uses a lot more resources than it should. And that being said while its saving power its actually draining more power in the same process. Turn GPS and wifi off and there will be no need for an app like that. The more apps you have running the more power drain. It takes a second or two to toggle wifi on and off.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I agree, wifi is a huge battery drain, with 3g in a poor signal area coming in close behind it.

I use 9 widgets, 6 of which update automatically, and I have over 130 apps installed. I turn off wifi when I leave my home, and turn it back on when I get home. With moderate usage, I get 24hrs on a single charge, more if I don't get many phone calls, less if I watch videos.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed over the latest Jerryscript IHO build, after being on the old-old AospCM7 for quite awhile, and after a disaster flashing Bobzhome's build awhile ago. Just restoring all my apps, haven't gotten a chance to test battery life out yet. One odd thing that I noticed was that the background on my homescreen was one that I was using a good 2 months ago. What is the stock wallpaper supposed to be? When I installed I wiped cache and dalvik, then formatted cache, data, and system, but not boot, as per the instructions on the IHO Github Wiki.

Also, has the whole "updating builds" thing been solved yet? Last I checked you had to completely wipe and reflash the rom. Can I just flash over the old one now? It usually takes me a good two hours to backup everything and reflash, so it would be kind of annoying to have to do that for each update. So far, though, lookin' good Jerry! :cool:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed over the latest Jerryscript IHO build, after being on the old-old AospCM7 for quite awhile, and after a disaster flashing Bobzhome's build awhile ago. Just restoring all my apps, haven't gotten a chance to test battery life out yet. One odd thing that I noticed was that the background on my homescreen was one that I was using a good 2 months ago. What is the stock wallpaper supposed to be? When I installed I wiped cache and dalvik, then formatted cache, data, and system, but not boot, as per the instructions on the IHO Github Wiki.

Also, has the whole "updating builds" thing been solved yet? Last I checked you had to completely wipe and reflash the rom. Can I just flash over the old one now? It usually takes me a good two hours to backup everything and reflash, so it would be kind of annoying to have to do that for each update. So far, though, lookin' good Jerry! :cool:

how to update from a previous build is on the first page..... unless im missing something. Worked for me.

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I agree, wifi is a huge battery drain, with 3g in a poor signal area coming in close behind it.

I use 9 widgets, 6 of which update automatically, and I have over 130 apps installed. I turn off wifi when I leave my home, and turn it back on when I get home. With moderate usage, I get 24hrs on a single charge, more if I don't get many phone calls, less if I watch veos.

do you put your phone on airplane mode also ?
and...
what percentages are you losing each hour ?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Also, has the whole "updating builds" thing been solved yet? Last I checked you had to completely wipe and reflash the rom. Can I just flash over the old one now? It usually takes me a good two hours to backup everything and reflash, so it would be kind of annoying to have to do that for each update.
So far, though, lookin' good Jerry! :cool:
You should consider trying out BobZhome's build again. I'm not sure what happened to you previously, but I would bet my phone it was a data error of some sort (downloads...). Bob has taken IHO way beyond what I have done, and you might be please with the results now. ;)

I'm not sure exactly what you are seeing as a wallpaper at the moment, but if you allow Google to backup and restore your phone, it will restore the wallpaper you used when it last backed up. I changed the default wallpaper, you should see this on my past few builds (unless Google overrides it), I really included it for the GreenMachineTheme users:
wallpaper1.jpg

Here is the default CyanogenMod wallpaper:
default_wallpaper.jpg

It is always recommended to backup before flashing even the most minor update. You should only need to wipe cache and dalvik cache when updating, complete wipe/format is only needed during initial installation. The only issues you may have with any of the IHO builds when updating are:

-need to flash gapps when updating BACKside (sometimes, I'm hoping to fix that issue this week)

-need to follow proper backup/restore procedures when using aps2sd on bobZhome's builds (but this really applies to any ROM when using various 2sd methods)

-need to know which type of screen your phone has, and be sure the update you flash has the proper drivers in the kernel it is using (if your phone is more than 3 months old, this is probably not an issue, if it's a new phone, be sure you have either bobzhome's kernel or use one of the xionia kernels)

dumbphones

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
quick question. I currently have the newest xionia installed as my custom recovery on my phone which is a new model of the Optimus V with the black screen problems. I'm also running IHO Purity-X. I've heard xionia may not be the best recovery in terms of compatibility with any IHO roms. I guess I'm asking, what's the best recovery for the new model of the OV with roms like bobZhome's and BACKside? The black screen fix thread is somewhat poorly formatted and worded and I couldn't figure out which one to use for roms other than Purity-X.

Or am I just paranoid and the xionia recovery will work fine with roms like bobZhome's and JerryScript's?

Thanks in advance.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
quick question. I currently have the newest xionia installed as my custom recovery on my phone which is a new model of the Optimus V with the black screen problems. I'm also running IHO Purity-X. I've heard xionia may not be the best recovery in terms of compatibility with any IHO roms. I guess I'm asking, what's the best recovery for the new model of the OV with roms like bobZhome's and BACKside? The black screen fix thread is somewhat poorly formatted and worded and I couldn't figure out which one to use for roms other than Purity-X.

Or am I just paranoid and the xionia recovery will work fine with roms like bobZhome's and JerryScript's?

Thanks in advance.

I never had any problems with these roms and xionia I'm only on cw now because i was lazy and flashed my recovery with rom manager last time, i was messing with twrp and trying to get it to work with my phone, but i remembered I'm not that smart and gave up

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
... The black screen fix thread is somewhat poorly formatted and worded and I couldn't figure out which one to use for roms other than Purity-X....

sure, it's not meant to be a full tutorial or wiki, I just put it up to help newbies avoid thinking their new device was bricked when it was just a software glitch; mostly because few people at the time had any clue what was going on, and people were being told to format their partitions properly and all would be fine.

You're more than welcome to suggest repairs on the formatting and wording at the end of that thread and I'll be happy to incorporate your improvements in the OP with credit for the work.

It says that IHO devs recommend IHO recovery for flashing IHO, by the way. And there's a version of IHO recovery with a new-screen compatible kernel in that post for those who want it.

Reactions: dumbphones

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Thanks in advance.

I have the newer screen & I am using iho-vm670-X recovery that I used with purity-X rom. I am currently using bobZhome's rom & it works great together.

Chocu1a

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading on the bobZhome wiki page that his cm7 rom "needs to have an ext partition on your sd card with my ROM, because Darktremor Apps2SD automatically moves the dalvik to the ext partition. DO THIS WITHIN CLOCKWORKMOD"
Do I just choose the option listed in the cwm menu or are there other steps I need to follow? Also, do I need to reflash the rom? Is it best to create the partition before or after installing the rom?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading on the bobZhome wiki page that his cm7 rom "needs to have an ext partition on your sd card with my ROM, because Darktremor Apps2SD automatically moves the dalvik to the ext partition. DO THIS WITHIN CLOCKWORKMOD"
Do I just choose the option listed in the cwm menu or are there other steps I need to follow? Also, do I need to reflash the rom? Is it best to create the partition before or after installing the rom?

You want to copy the contents of Your SD card to your computer first. Partitioning it will wipe it. Then with cw format your SD and partition, then chose how big you want your partition, 512mb is plenty for most people, you don't really need swap, so just choose 0mb. After its done copy everything back from your computer, then wipe everything but SD card and flash your rom. Don't forget to make a backup first

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty