[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Turn your overclock down. Seriously turn it down a notch until the phone is stable. The camera and any app that uses it will force close if the over-clock speed is too high.

My camera has always worked at 806mghz, never had this issue before. I did notice that I changed the screen density from 160 to 130 to give it the look for a high resolution, this may have been the problem because after a fresh install everything seems to be working fine on JerryScript's version at least, still overclocked too. Had to try it because of the 16BPP and I can't say I notice a huge difference but I want to say the phone is running extremely smooth so far, but it is still a fresh install.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
My camera has always worked at 806mghz, never had this issue before. I did notice that I changed the screen density from 160 to 130 to give it the look for a high resolution, this may have been the problem because after a fresh install everything seems to be working fine on JerryScript's version at least, still overclocked too. Had to try it because of the 16BPP and I can't say I notice a huge difference but I want to say the phone is running extremely smooth so far, but it is still a fresh install.

Just because you can overclock to 806 today does not mean you will tomorrow.
This is especially true if you are riding the ragged edge as it is. Any slight software change or temperature change can send it into fits.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just don't understand how in months over overclocking it finally stopped working at those speeds. Like I said its fixed now, I changed the screen density back to 160

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
With the latest BACKside I'm unable to move some apps to the SD card that should normally be able to. I get this error...

"Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left."

My SD card has about 4GB still free. Any ideas?

Sent via VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Usually when I get a popup saying failed to move application, a second attempt works.

If that doesn't work for you, try deleting the 01mvdalvik file located in /system/ect/init.d, then wipe market cache, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about uot kitchen if anyone can help. I'm running Jerry's 10/10 build. All of my changes worked except the 3g icon and signal strength gauge. I uploaded a cyanbread.apk file so it could make a theme Chooser theme. I'll upload a screenshot if I can. Any help much appreciated!

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Usually when I get a popup saying failed to move application, a second attempt works.

If that doesn't work for you, try deleting the 01mvdalvik file located in /system/ect/init.d, then wipe market cache, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.

Thanks. I think it turned out to be happening on some apps I restored thru Mybackup Root. It was confusing it somehow. When I uninstalled the app and then downloaded it from the market it moved to SD just fine.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it's resolved.

I'm not familiar with Mybackup Root, but if it automatically restores app's data, that could cause issues. TitaniumBackup allows you to choose if you want to restore data, if Mybackup Root has that choice, choose not to. ;)

skealoha86

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
10/10 build of BACKside-IHO is superb. The 16-bit scrolling is great and my gf is a fan of silent boot as she tends to drop hers a bit too often, ejecting the battery from its chasis (plastic is amazing)... Did not have to re-add gmail accounts/re-flash gapps after installing this build - coming from 8/31 build, I believe.

Many thanks JerryScript, BobZHome, Blarf and the rest of the ROM builders - you make this $150 phone worth at least $300 :)

Reactions: JerryScript

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear it's resolved.

I'm not familiar with Mybackup Root, but if it automatically restores app's data, that could cause issues. TitaniumBackup allows you to choose if you want to restore data, if Mybackup Root has that choice, choose not to. ;)

Mybackup root does let you restore data, apk, or both. I just happened to restore both, thus causing the issue.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the battery drain from google maps. Anyway to turn off google maps automatically after usage and not have it run in the background? I'll post this on the wiki later if someone provides a solution.

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a google+ account but not music beta. Can someone invite me so that I can test this updated music 4.0.1?

Last edited:

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the battery drain from google maps. Anyway to turn off google maps automatically after usage and not have it run in the background? I'll post this on the wiki later if someone provides a solution.

I disable all of its recievers using Autorun Manager and then clear data in Settings-Manage Applications after using. It should stop running in the background. You can keep all of its recievers disabled and Maps will still work properly.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that too recently, not sure if it's a bug with Google Maps or not, but it's taking up more in terms of percentage than cell signal & phone idle. But battery drain doesn't seem more, so it may be a reporting problem. I noticed the app starts automatically even if I don't use it, so I go and force close it and it doesn't start back up, but the battery usage reports it still using a majority of the battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non