[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Two people have stated that the 9/25 works for them... does it not work for you?

Bob, mrg666 and others: I am a new IHO ROM user, and here is what I discovered today regarding MMS:

I am running MiRaGe (first 10/22 build, since today 10/29 build). I was unable to use MMS on either version. 3G would come one for a while, but the message would be stuck in "sending..." forever. Also, it wouldn't receive MMS, regardless of my WiFi/3G setting.

I had no problem sending and receiving MMS on stock ROM -- again regardless of WiFi/3G setting. I just verified this a few hours ago.

Today I tried it on a fresh flash of MiRaGe 10/29, and found that I can send and receive MMS no problem, AS LONG AS I have NOT used Titanium to restore my text messages. (Note: I use the free version of TB. Paid version with the Migration option may be different).

In TB, I can restore the "[SMS/MMS PREFS] Messaging" item and still have MMS working, but unfortunately that does not restore the actual messages. I have to restore "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage" to get my messages back -- and that's what kills MMS functionality, but seemingly nothing else.

As long as I avoid restoring this item in TB, MMS works perfectly -- and regardless of WiFi/3G mode: If sending while in WiFi mode, 3G will come on for a few seconds while sending. And it also receives them in WiFi mode. I assume the MMS is received as an SMS (which doesn't require data) containing a download link to the picture.

So at least for me, MMS works perfectly on MiRaGe 10/29 -- as long as I don't use TB to restore messages.

Hope that is useful.

Thanks for great work on these ROMs to all of you :)

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent texting app, and i dont have to backup my texts with TB.
I guess it's better this way.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Its been recommended by jerry many many many times to not restore system apps of any kind or youll get errors like those... Try to keep it clean and stick with restoring apps and app data only. I have never had an issue since i read that. :p

Reactions: JerryScript

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Its been recommended by jerry many many many times to not restore system apps of any kind or youll get errors like those... Try to keep it clean and stick with restoring apps and app data only. I have never had an issue since i read that. :p

Thank you notown.

Yes, of course I'd never restore the actual system apps, only app data - and even that concerned me given that different app versions may use different data formats.

In this particular case my post was only to let the rom developers (and others) know that this longstanding issue with some users having broken mms could be related to TB restores.

Thanks again!

Reactions: notown

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I use Handcent texting app, and i dont have to backup my texts with TB.
I guess it's better this way.

Thanks, Tony.

Yeah, I simply use SMS Backup & Restore instead. I kind of like to use the standard apps for most things when they can reasonably do the job.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
OK so appearently my mms are working with the 10/22 mirage build, for some reason I just can't receive them from my wife who also has an ov. I can send to her and she can send to everyone but me. I have no idea why this is, but I really think its a VM thing and not a Tom thing, thanks bob for taking the time to help with the issue

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-11012011.zip
md5 checksum 7c699aef1229147ef038aa6a3b283689

GreenMachineTheme-11012011.zip

Changes:

-added option to set the status bar clock color in CyanogneMod Settings
-option to remove battery icon from status bar
-show share menu when taking screenshots from power menu
-several fixes to stagefright to improve video
-fixes to audiopolicymanager (hopefully improves lots of things, we will see)
-surfaceflinger tweaks should improve screen drawing
-fixed a wifi lock bug that caused releases when it should be locked
-lockscreen calendar now supports all day events
-quiet hours can now silence haptic feedback
-separate volume settings for when headset is plugged in and when it isn't

Note- Due to changes in both frameworks-res and SystemUI, all themes will have to be rebuilt

Thanks to the CyanogenMod team, Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, asadullah, and kermkalelite! ;)

Note- Status bar clock color change has a slight bug, changes to color will only take place if you change another setting, such as show, center, or ampm. The default for this build is set to green to make it stand out, but I will set it to the standard color for the next build.

Last edited:

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just uploaded your latest and everything that wasn't already noted by you seems to be working. Toggling AM/PM was the only way I could get my clock to show up. It was invisible before the toggle and changing show, center, or color had no effect.

On another note, my desktop transition animation is a LOT more fluid. I've been using the Sphere transition from Go Launcher for a couple weeks which hasn't been running smoothly, being a pretty graphic intensive transition. Now it's working perfectly! I got a little excited and made a video showing how smooth it became. lol Android :: IMG_1040.mp4 video by aXXXc - Photobucket

Thanks for the update!

Reactions: JerryScript

loudcloud

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Bob, mrg666 and others: I am a new IHO ROM user, and here is what I discovered today regarding MMS:

I am running MiRaGe (first 10/22 build, since today 10/29 build). I was unable to use MMS on either version. 3G would come one for a while, but the message would be stuck in "sending..." forever. Also, it wouldn't receive MMS, regardless of my WiFi/3G setting.

I had no problem sending and receiving MMS on stock ROM -- again regardless of WiFi/3G setting. I just verified this a few hours ago.

Today I tried it on a fresh flash of MiRaGe 10/29, and found that I can send and receive MMS no problem, AS LONG AS I have NOT used Titanium to restore my text messages. (Note: I use the free version of TB. Paid version with the Migration option may be different).

In TB, I can restore the "[SMS/MMS PREFS] Messaging" item and still have MMS working, but unfortunately that does not restore the actual messages. I have to restore "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage" to get my messages back -- and that's what kills MMS functionality, but seemingly nothing else.

As long as I avoid restoring this item in TB, MMS works perfectly -- and regardless of WiFi/3G mode: If sending while in WiFi mode, 3G will come on for a few seconds while sending. And it also receives them in WiFi mode. I assume the MMS is received as an SMS (which doesn't require data) containing a download link to the picture.

So at least for me, MMS works perfectly on MiRaGe 10/29 -- as long as I don't use TB to restore messages.

Hope that is useful.

Thanks for great work on these ROMs to all of you :)

Dannemand, you the man! :D My MMS was not working on JerryScript build of 10/10. I originally used TB Pro because I was installing from non IHO ROM, but only to restore system Data and user Apps. After reading your post, I used TB to wipe data from "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage", at that point, the messages were still visible (cached perhaps). So I rebooted the phone and viola! MMS is working! Thanks a bunch--hope this post helps others out.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Dannemand, you the man! :D My MMS was not working on JerryScript build of 10/10. I originally used TB Pro because I was installing from non IHO ROM, but only to restore system Data and user Apps. After reading your post, I used TB to wipe data from "[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage", at that point, the messages were still visible (cached perhaps). So I rebooted the phone and viola! MMS is working! Thanks a bunch--hope this post helps others out.

That's great, thanks for the feedback.

I don't know how many others this may apply to. I think most people use TB only for user apps.

No doubt restoring system data is risky business. I'm using it only for bookmarks now. Really is too bad Android doesn't back up basic phone data automatically to your Google account.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh, So both links

Download Blarf's new recovery here and
Download aospCWMod version of ClockworkMod here

are recovery images?

Whats the difference between the two?

My V is the kind that has the display hardware from the Optimus S.
The aospCWMod recovery will NOT work for you, you need the IHO recovery!

Jerry, will the stagefright fix you included fix, improve Hd video playback?
It doesn't fix HD specifically, but is supposed to improve video performance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87