[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you install the new market 3.3.11 (it has a new auto-update feature)? Or do you have any apps from the market set to auto-update? Did you check your sync settings, email, facebook, etc?

I had this happen to me once about a month ago. I checked all the above and nothing seemed to fix it. It went away on it's own after a couple of days and a few reboots. To this day I don't know for sure what caused it.

Its still going, but doesn't seem to effect battery life. At least not from what I can tell. I won't worry about it until it becomes a problem. I'll try to reboot a few times to see if it goes away. I monitor my data with 3g watchdog (just for my own curiousity), and it doesn't see any odd usage. Everything seems to work just fine. I'm very happy with the ROM. Very few issues have arisen.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Reactions: JerryScript

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Its still going, but doesn't seem to effect battery life. At least not from what I can tell. I won't worry about it until it becomes a problem. I'll try to reboot a few times to see if it goes away. I monitor my data with 3g watchdog (just for my own curiousity), and it doesn't see any odd usage. Everything seems to work just fine. I'm very happy with the ROM. Very few issues have arisen.

I have had my sync symbol stay on before, but I think it went off when I rebooted, try going to phone settings/accounts sync and turn off syncing see if it goes away

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I have had my sync symbol stay on before, but I think it went off when I rebooted, try going to phone settings/accounts sync and turn off syncing see if it goes away

Tried that, still there. My Market hasn't updated yet either. That's probably what is going on.

*edit* 2 reboots back to back did the trick... scratch that, just came back on... ahh its just annoying, not important.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I use regular app2sd! Personally I've had the least problems with this app. I have a class 6 sdcard 8g with 75 apps and 10 movies and 300 pictures. I still have 92mb internal and 2.4 gb external. Plenty of space to use for me.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

Now I am unable to get a fraction of the apps on the phone that I already had on it...

Settings says I have 215 of 425 available, but am not able to download from the market without getting an out of space error?

When I check "manage applications" it say I have 88MB used, 90MB free, but it used to say I had over 400MB to start with.

I switched from the MRG to BS ROM to make a comparison. I have much less memory and now this problem since making the switch?

When I try to move an application to SD I get an error I haven't seen before now, and only with link2sd:

[INSTALL_FAILED_DEXOPT]

Help please...:'(

Last edited:

snobro

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Testshoot, I experienced the same problem not to long ago. JerryScript posted a workaround here, in order to combat the issue. I suggest using method 1. Only takes a few seconds and you're good to go until you flash a ROM/ update to your phone.
~sno

Reactions: testshoot

bswann

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Since when did the V have 400mb of usable internal storage? I have never seen anything over about 175mb usable.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Since when did the V have 400mb of usable internal storage? I have never seen anything over about 175mb usable.

He is probably using some Sort of app2sd program, which extenfs the V's internal storage to the SD Card on a seperaye partition.

Tapatalkin it from my IHO CM7.1'd, ICS Themed Optimus V

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Testshoot, I experienced the same problem not to long ago. JerryScript posted a workaround here, in order to combat the issue. I suggest using method 1. Only takes a few seconds and you're good to go until you flash a ROM/ update to your phone.
~sno

Thanks for the tip...makes me wonder why I never had this issue with the MRG ROM but do now. Was I just lucky before? As it happens, I don't have root explorer or ES explorer installed to move the file and when I download ES Explorer from Amazon, it says it is downloaded, says it is installed, but when I go to add the application to run it, it isn't in my list of applications. Does that mean I have to uninstall something to add something?

if this is a peculiarity of this ROM, then maybe I was better off with MRG?

Thanks for the link and tip!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

FYI

Because I was having problems with the phone, I switched back to the MRG ROM...

wiped cache, formatted, installed MRG ROM, changed from ADW to stock launcher and rebooted. Didn't add GAPPS or anything yet...

Checked the About and it says Mem info: 302MB/425MB

If A2SD survived the wipe and format, and it is still there and if it is still running, then it could be affecting the result, but not having done more then that with the phone, I don't know if anything is running at this point to allow the 425mb.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
That is total memory for the phone, including system memory. If you want to see how much app storage space you have go to settings-storage, and look there.

Reactions: notown

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible you are looking at RAM? 425MB is exactly the amount of available RAM our phones have.

Sent from my IHO OV using Tapatalk.

It is definitely ram you are looking at. Go to titanium backup and on the opening page you will see your total phone space. Internal external and used rom space. I hate using partitions, I'm able to just transfer apps to external through titanium rather easy. I used links2sd but when I update I would have issues with apps not being recognized. I'm using an optimus s with 164 MB internal 8 G external and 166 MB for rom. The ram is 424 total. It can't be much different on the V.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
We had a power outage for several days and I could not visit the forum. I have seen the error reports about the screen problems in several apps such as Zoom FX camera, Goggles, etc. and I can confirm that this is a problem. I have uploaded the 10242011 build to the Wiki which is the latest good build without that problem. The matching transparency theme is also there.

The problem comes from the CM7.1 repo. I will upload a new build when this problem is resolved either by myself or others.

I have solved the image problem with Google Goggles, ZoomFX camera, and Barcode Scanner apps. The bug was introduced in the CM repo by the latest merge in the surfaceflinger code. I have reverted this change for now. The aforementioned apps are working as expected now. The new 11052011 build is now uploaded to the Wiki. This is just a bug-fix build after the 10292011 build. The transparency theme is also in the Wiki, do not use any previous theme with this build.

wwtk

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
MRG666,

I just wanted to post a quick thank you for your efforts. I have just recently installed IHO and couldn't be happier. I finally have a "real" android phone instead of the crippled version I had a few days ago. Everything now works flawlessly (so far ;) ) games, flash, netflix, hulu and the options supplied by CM are simply terrific. I can't believe that I went from the cippled phone I had with constant low memory nags, to the wonder I now posess and still 148MB of free main memory.

Thanks!

WWTK

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MRG666,

I just wanted to post a quick thank you for your efforts. I have just recently installed IHO and couldn't be happier. I finally have a "real" android phone instead of the crippled version I had a few days ago. Everything now works flawlessly (so far ;) ) games, flash, netflix, hulu and the options supplied by CM are simply terrific. I can't believe that I went from the cippled phone I had with constant low memory nags, to the wonder I now posess and still 148MB of free main memory.

Thanks!

WWTK

Thanks! I will pass a big portion of the thanks to Blarf, Bob, and Jerry.

klahjn

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm running the latest version of IHO Backside 11022011 build.
Up til the latest (i hadn't tried 11012011 build) i've had no problems
I thought there was an issue with the camera shutter sound, but that's been cleared up
The issue I have at this point is that the clock is gone from the notification panel. There is an empty space where its supposed to be, but its completely invisible.
I've tried changing ampm, center/right side, and changing color, as well as changing all three to the same effect.
I didn't think it was a huge issue, but i've found over the last few days of usage that its more important to me than i originally thought. Is there a workaround or fix for this?

Ive been looking for an answer on it, but everything i've seen thus far hasn't fixed.

Anyone else experiencing this? Kinda drives me crazy looking for the time, lol

Thanks in advance, otherwise this is a great ROM!!

wwtk

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I noticed that as well, its just a small quirk, the clock is set to black on black. Go into the settings and change the color then it will show up:)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Mrg666,

(This is a rewrite of an earlier post. The original post got munged and lost when I tried to edit it using Tapatalk. I have to stop trying to write on this phone. It'll give me a hard attack some day ;-)

This is a note of gratitude for your recent MiRaGe ROM builds -- and a mention of two observations I made. I've used your ROM for a couple weeks now (since 1022 build) and LOVE it: My phone is a lot faster and the features are great. Thanks A LOT to you and the other ROM builders!

First observation: I noticed a screen corruption issue with ShopSavvy Barcode Scanner yesterday (on 1029 build). Before I could even post a report, you'd uploaded the 1105 build last night, which took care of it. Done! Anybody has this problem, make sure you update to 1105 (surfaceflinger fix).

Second observation: My wife wanted in on the action after seeing my "new" phone. We rooted and ROM'ed her phone yesterday using your 1024 build. After first reboot she immediately noticed that the screen was not as smooth on her "Water" Live Wallpaper (it's in your ROM).

There is a faint mesh or dither which is not present on Stock, kind of horizontal lines. I checked on mine, at it looks the same. We restored her Stock ROM just to check, and the difference is quite noticeable: The picture is simply more photo realistic on stock ROM than on IHO.

The difference is actually noticeable on any picture with smooth color gradations or uniform colors. But that "Water" Live Wallpaper shows it most clearly.

Is this a known difference between Stock and CM7 -- maybe the display driver?

Surely this is a minor detail in the broader wonderfulness of this ROM. But my wife isn't sure she can live with it ;)

Thanks again for your great work -- all of you!

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife wanted in on the action after seeing my "new" phone. We rooted and ROM'ed her phone yesterday using your 1024 build. After first reboot she immediately noticed that the screen was not as smooth on her "Water" Live Wallpaper (it's in your ROM).

There is a faint mesh or dither which is not present on Stock, kind of horizontal lines. I checked on mine, at it looks the same. We restored her Stock ROM just to check, and the difference is quite noticeable: The picture is simply more photo realistic on stock ROM than on IHO.

The difference is actually noticeable on any picture with smooth color gradations or uniform colors. But that "Water" Live Wallpaper shows it most clearly.

Is this a known difference between Stock and CM7 -- maybe the display driver?

I have checked and also noticed the faint lines in Water live wallpaper. I have no way of checking the stock anymore but I don't think there is a general difference between the image quality of stock and CM7 ROMs. Are you sure you are using the same live wallpaper (i.e. the same binary) with the two ROMs? Although they look and named the same, the binaries and image quality could be different. Or, there can be some decoding peculiarity. Anyway, my wife loves the Sakura Live Wallpaper and its image quality is perfect on IHO. Check it out!

Regarding the pictures with smooth color gradient, I suggest using Quickpic from the Market for viewing them and setting as wallpaper. The stock Gallery in the ROM is horrible in performance and image quality. You will see that the image quality and performance will improve. Quickpic can replace the functionality of Gallery, actually I have deleted Gallery from my phone.

Reactions: Dannemand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez