[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

magiccheeto

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently doing 806/600, Interactive. When I start up the phone initially, auto-rotation is very fast and responsive. After several hours, however, it slows to a crawl, to the point where the screen shuts off (30 seconds) before it finishes rotating. :/

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've made a post in the actual Harmonia 2 rom thread. I was rather curious, however, if anyone using other IHO builds is having an issue with screen-orientation changing lag. You know, because Harmonia 2 is another IHO CM7 rom. :)

Yes we know of it. I have to reboot my phone to get it to go away. But that's a temporary fix. Most of the time its completely unnoticeable to me because I am rebooting daily if not more.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes we know of it. I have to reboot my phone to get it to go away. But that's a temporary fix. Most of the time its completely unnoticeable to me because I am rebooting daily if not more.

I reboot daily too, maybe why I don't notice it. Rebooting clears out the RAM, and the longer your booted the more the ram gets filled with various things you do and can get bogged down... 30 seconds is definitely not normal tho, seems liks a more serious problem than rebooting.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I reboot daily too, maybe why I don't notice it. Rebooting clears out the RAM, and the longer your booted the more the ram gets filled with various things you do and can get bogged down... 30 seconds is definitely not normal tho, seems liks a more serious problem than rebooting.

I haven't rebooted in 3 days and my phone rotates almost instantly. I'm using current mrg build 806/600 interactive

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently doing 806/600, Interactive. When I start up the phone initially, auto-rotation is very fast and responsive. After several hours, however, it slows to a crawl, to the point where the screen shuts off (30 seconds) before it finishes rotating. :/

Maybe trying turning down the overclock? Not all phones can be overclocked. I would also turn the minimum to about 480. Your working the phone extremely hard. Keeping it ramped up is not going to help.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater in app drawer of recent builds or via
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>System>>Check for ROM updates ;)

Or for you diy types:
BACKside-IHO-VM670-01252012.zip
md5sum 39e907628e8325371dcf3fe1819594b4

Note - There is an error in the logic checking for new updates, it treats updated phones as if there is a new update available.
Flash this zip file to fix it after flashing the ROM:
http://www.mediafire.com/?udscesu427p2lio
(note - turn off signature verification, I didn't sign it due to system signing issues)

GreenMachineTheme-01252012.zip

Changes:
-- Synced with CM:
---- ICS transistions and animations backported to Gingerbread
---- lockscreen alignment <right> fixed
---- Option to lock volume keys when in silent mode
---- Fixed race condition in notification dropdown swipe-to-dismiss function, shouldn't freeze anymore
---- Fixed automatic timezone selection in Hawaii (had to throw that one in the for all you frozen users)
-- New version of BacksideUpdater installed:
---- Checks download status, checks to see if download has begun, and if complete based on file size
---- Checks MD5 sum, automatically checks against the manifest's posted md5 (takes a while, be patient)
---- Cleaned up the gui a bit, still needs work (functionality first ;))

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdmcode, thekraven, LeslieAnn, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, everyone who tests, and a whole lot more! ;)

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Well Dannemand (and anyone else), here you are.
Placed the attached framework-res.apk on your sdcard.

Then open terminal emulator and type
Code:
$su
#mount -o remount,rw /system /system
#cp /sdcard/framework-res.apk /system/framework
#mount -o remount,ro /system /system    (It will say something about being busy, ignore it)

And Voila!! You will have ICS rotation animations and GB everything else animations;)
Enjoy... Oh and only do this while running mrg666's ROM. It will work only on his ROM, since I modded his framework-res.apk for you.

Indeed, your framework-res.apk gave the GB transitions and the ICS rotation animation :)

Unfortunately it borked my Google account setup every time I tried installing it: Market, Gmail, Contacts all gone. I made a nandroid before, so no big deal. But kind of puzzling to me how a framework-res could have that effect. At first I thought it was because of permissions settings (which I hear are sensitive when messing with framework-res) but setting permissions after the copy didn't help. Also tried pushing with ADB instead, same thing.

Don't worry about it, really. It's no big deal with those transitions, and your time is better spent helping people with real problems -- as I see you're doing in various threads. This is merely for feedback, and a heads up to others who decide to try it.

Thanks again :)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you already tried the updater, and still got the 0120 build, try again. I thought I had changed the manifest URL, but I hadn't. Fixed now. ;)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, your framework-res.apk gave the GB transitions and the ICS rotation animation :)

Unfortunately it borked my Google account setup every time I tried installing it: Market, Gmail, Contacts all gone. I made a nandroid before, so no big deal. But kind of puzzling to me how a framework-res could have that effect. At first I thought it was because of permissions settings (which I hear are sensitive when messing with framework-res) but setting permissions after the copy didn't help. Also tried pushing with ADB instead, same thing.

Don't worry about it, really. It's no big deal with those transitions, and your time is better spent helping people with real problems -- as I see you're doing in various threads. This is merely for feedback, and a heads up to others who decide to try it.

Thanks again :)

No problem. Thats normal, I like retheming my phone so I have to re sign into gmail every time. Its a pain, but basically all that happenes when you do that is that it deketes your gmail account off the phone, nothing else. Everything will be back to normal if you just add your gmail account again;) And ohh.... for me, this is a big enough problem;) its just a fun problem

Reactions: Dannemand

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
New build is up:

Download via the BacksideUpdater in app drawer of recent builds or via
Settings>>CyanogenMod Settings>>System>>Check for ROM updates ;)

Or for you diy types:
BACKside-IHO-VM670-01252012.zip
md5sum 39e907628e8325371dcf3fe1819594b4

GreenMachineTheme-01252012.zip

Changes:
-- Synced with CM:
---- ICS transistions and animations backported to Gingerbread
---- lockscreen alignment <right> fixed
---- Option to lock volume keys when in silent mode
---- Fixed race condition in notification dropdown swipe-to-dismiss function, shouldn't freeze anymore
---- Fixed automatic timezone selection in Hawaii (had to throw that one in the for all you frozen users)
-- New version of BacksideUpdater installed:
---- Checks download status, checks to see if download has begun, and if complete based on file size
---- Checks MD5 sum, automatically checks against the manifest's posted md5 (takes a while, be patient)
---- Cleaned up the gui a bit, still needs work (functionality first ;))

Thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdmcode, thekraven, LeslieAnn, kermikalelite, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, the CM team, the AOSP team, everyone who tests, and a whole lot more! ;)

Nooo, now I'll have to flash this when I should be doing homework!!:p

I've been craving those ice cream amimations.
You have made my day:) <3

Reactions: JerryScript

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I got the launcher installed, but widgets don't seem to work. Not sure about that, but it is a really nice launcher.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running 8.6.5.21 using Tapatalk

yeah must be a big bug. I like the fact that the Widgets are in the launcher. That's definitely a first. But I would check his Facebook page for daily updates: https://m.facebook.com/PhoenixAndroid?refid=52&_ft_=fbid.222900884465142:interface.m_basic:c.m

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharpe351

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
yeah must be a big bug. I like the fact that the Widgets are in the launcher. That's definitely a first. But I would check his Facebook page for daily updates: https://m.facebook.com/PhoenixAndroid?refid=52&_ft_=fbid.222900884465142:interface.m_basic:c.m

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I was on there after a whole lot of sifting on Gaggle (google=gaggle of information you don't need). Posted that the widgets aren't working properly. The power control is something that I really like, and it won't install for some reason. It's buggy, but suprisingly smooth for a very basic launcher. I'd like to see a way to "long press" to add things.

sent from my ASUS Transformer running 8.6.5.21 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rukin5197

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Thats normal, I like retheming my phone so I have to re sign into gmail every time. Its a pain, but basically all that happenes when you do that is that it deketes your gmail account off the phone, nothing else. Everything will be back to normal if you just add your gmail account again;) And ohh.... for me, this is a big enough problem;) its just a fun problem

OK, thanks, I didn't know that. Since I didn't see a logical reason for this to affect my account setup, I feared some other corruption (on the phone, not my data of course). If indeed it's normal to lose accounts when updating framework-res, I can just enter my account again.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

magiccheeto

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe trying turning down the overclock? Not all phones can be overclocked. I would also turn the minimum to about 480. Your working the phone extremely hard. Keeping it ramped up is not going to help.
Ill try stock/480 for a couple days and see wbat happens. But it has been almost 20 hrs since my last reboot and the accelerometer still seems responsive. We'll see what happens in the next 6 hours or so, then ill clock it back.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I goofed and left an improper logic condition in the BacksideUpdater. It doesn't check to see if the current build equals the latest build, only if it's older. If it is the same date, it acts like there's an update available. Attached is a flashable zip file that will fix it. Since I made it a system file, I can't just upload the update apk, it could cause problems with future updates after future ROM installs, so you'll have to flash this fix in recovery. Sorry for the pita. ;)

FYI- With this version of the BacksideUpdater, you can download the ROM file anyway you like, and still use the app to check it's integrity.

--Simply download it to /sdcard/download via the phone, your PC, dropbox, whatever, just be sure you put it in the download directory on your sdcard.
--Open the app, and check for updates.
--It will determine if you have begun downloading the ROM zip file, and if it has finished downloading based on the file size (if you have a frozen download, you'll have to manually delete it for now).
--It will then check the MD5 sum to insure there was no corruption during the download process. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: notown and mustafu