[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Heres the deal. The game is not offered to Virgin phones. Under Froyo our phones are listed as a different carrier. This issue regarding how our phone is identified in the market has been discussed and trust me it didnt end well. Sadly you will not be able to install the game via android market while using IHO.

Huh, really? That....a bit strange. Could I get a link to this discussion that did not end well to see if there are any known workarounds for the issue? After seeing how well everything is running and getting most of the cosmetic issues out of the way the last thing I want to do is go back to Froyo, but not being able to install apps from the market I paid for is not acceptable.

--bornagainpenguin

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry didn't realize this was rocket science..I take it you have never done this before..ok I download dolphin browser..don't use stock browser any more..so I download antek app manager..I find the browser system app uninstall it..everything works fine until I reboot..then hangs at boot logo

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry didn't realize this was rocket science..I take it you have never done this before..ok I download dolphin browser..don't use stock browser any more..so I download antek app manager..I find the browser system app uninstall it..everything works fine until I reboot..then hangs at boot logo

Its not rocket science, we just aren't magicians that know everything;)

Use titanium backup to uninstall system apps. It works like a charm. Sometimes when you don't uninstall things correctly (like just deleting a system file) it will hang on boot or even reappear when you boot.

The absolute foolproof way to do this is to take the zip that has the ROMyour using and delete the /system/apps that you don't want out of it replacing them with the ones you want, and then flash it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
:-X

note- and to think I do this for free, wow

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Its not rocket science, we just aren't magicians that know everything;)

Use titanium backup to uninstall system apps. It works like a charm. Sometimes when you don't uninstall things correctly (like just deleting a system file) it will hang on boot or even reappear when you boot.

The absolute foolproof way to do this is to take the zip that has the ROMyour using and delete the /system/apps that you don't want out of it replacing them with the ones you want, and then flash it.

Ill try it..I have used several different programs all same results..thanks for your help

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
:-X

note- and to think I do this for free, wow
I didn't mean it like that..I'm a developer myself on different things.so I know..but devs sometimes take the users as idiots..if you read again what I said..I have been doing this the exact same way through every build..never has done this till now

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You may have been doing exactly the same thing, but We don't know what it is you are doing unless you specify. As a developer, you should understand bug reports require details. No two people do exactly the same thing. ;)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mean it like that..I'm a developer myself on different things.so I know..but devs sometimes take the users as idiots..if you read again what I said..I have been doing this the exact same way through every build..never has done this till now

You didn't explain which apps you were removing (until Jerry asked); you didn't explain how you were removing them (TiBa, remove from zip, etc); and you went on to offend one of the most helpful and active developers around here - who is also the author of one of the most popular ROMs for the OV.

Personally, if I found myself with my foot that deep in my mouth (and I have at times) I'd get it out quickly and start eating some crow.

That was how it came across to me at least. Just trying to pass a bit of social advice.

Sent from my LG Optimus V CM7/IHO

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Guess I didn't realize how many ways you could do it..found the problem..you can't uninstall adw launcher..even if not using it..why?

MicroData

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Huh, really? That....a bit strange. Could I get a link to this discussion that did not end well to see if there are any known workarounds for the issue? After seeing how well everything is running and getting most of the cosmetic issues out of the way the last thing I want to do is go back to Froyo, but not being able to install apps from the market I paid for is not acceptable.

--bornagainpenguin

you could edit the build.prop to make the market think you are using a different phone or a different carrier. Not really sure what you should change though, maybe someone else could help you with that. ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
you could edit the build.prop to make the market think you are using a different phone or a different carrier. Not really sure what you should change though, maybe someone else could help you with that. ;)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

It would be nice if someone would, I've hacked around a bit and come up dry. Changing the build.prop stuff and rebooting doesn't seem to make any difference. Far as I can tell from the comments this is evidentially a sore point and since there seems to be nothing to be found searching google on how to fix it looks like I'm going to have to try something else or go back to Froyo.

Actually since these days it seems everyone is building from the same source it looks like my only option is going to be Froyo. :(

Thanks for the attempt to help me, I appreciate it even if I was unable to figure things out.

--bornagainpenguin

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Harmonia 2.03 does NOT have this issue at all!

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Guess I didn't realize how many ways you could do it..found the problem..you can't uninstall adw launcher..even if not using it..why?

Maybe since it is listed as a system app? If you remove it via Titanium Backup it give a prompt asking if you really wanna do this since it is a system app.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have older IHO roms still saved? I'm looking for a copy from before Thanksgiving 2011. This was around the time the large file playback bug appeared (and has been in every rom since). If anyone has a copy of any of these roms from early 11/11, let me know! I would really like a copy from early November, since that is when the headset was fixed, and before the bug popped up! I want to go back to an old version so I can get this working. :)

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe since it is listed as a system app? If you remove it via Titanium Backup it give a prompt asking if you really wanna do this since it is a system app.
Yea but the thing is I could do it before with no issues? Maybe its locked in now with the new build idk

bornagainpenguin

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Okay, having seen the game downloading just fine with Harmonia (which uses the newer market) and having scanned through its build.prop and not seeing anything there that would account for the difference between that and BACKside rom, I had a suspicion as to where my real problems might be from. I went ahead and reflashed BACKside rom, then this time used the gapps package with the latest version of the market. This time NFS Shift downloaded without any issues whatsoever.

I'm guessing that Google is now doing whatever it can to push people to use the new market (so they can push music and movies) and that seems to have gotten me all tangled up. I wonder if some of the other issues people have had with the market can be traced back to installing the older market?

I really wish I could have figured this all out without wiping my nearly complete install earlier but them's the breaks. I'm just glad to be using Gingerbread and not Froyo! :)

--bornagainpenguin