[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

reinler

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else randomly getting the Data Enabled toggle becoming unchecked (so 3G doesn't turn back on after turning screen off) and having all Google Accounts under Accounts and Sync become "Sync in Off" instead of syncing?

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
FYI, on my last flash of BobzHome's Mar 2012 build, I could not get any 'confirm' buttons on my phone to work when I rebooted into recovery to flash the build. I could move the cursor/highlight to different items in recovery mode, but no button would enable the function, I'd get the 'hat' symbol. I tried them all, power, camera, front, etc. Nothing worked. After a bunch of reboots to recovery to no avail, I then went into Rom Manager and redid the 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' option again. After that, I booted into recovery to flash the new build. Magic, it worked, the buttons on the phone now did the clear cache, etc. and then the build. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else ran into the dreaded, 'my buttons don't work' problem.

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
FYI, on my last flash of BobzHome's Mar 2012 build, I could not get any 'confirm' buttons on my phone to work when I rebooted into recovery to flash the build. I could move the cursor/highlight to different items in recovery mode, but no button would enable the function, I'd get the 'hat' symbol. I tried them all, power, camera, front, etc. Nothing worked. After a bunch of reboots to recovery to no avail, I then went into Rom Manager and redid the 'Flash ClockworkMod Recovery' option again. After that, I booted into recovery to flash the new build. Magic, it worked, the buttons on the phone now did the clear cache, etc. and then the build. Just thought I'd post this in case anyone else ran into the dreaded, 'my buttons don't work' problem.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=79761

[Guide]Flashing recoveries through terminal emulator (very easy)

Please read this. Your phone will love you.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just because Rom Manager fixed one problem doesn't excuse the other issues it has and can cause.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, and broken the rest of the time.

Reactions: mustafu

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue where when i would lock the screen, the image would freeze. When i go to unlock it i see that screen , not my unlock screen. Like a cover. The phone reacts normally. I would unlock it through habit and still the screenshot from before is there. I have to rotate the screen to make it go away.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having an issue where when i would lock the screen, the image would freeze. When i go to unlock it i see that screen , not my unlock screen. Like a cover. The phone reacts normally. I would unlock it through habit and still the screenshot from before is there. I have to rotate the screen to make it go away.

Turn ICS rotations off on BACKside. Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Display>Uncheck it&reboot.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Turn ICS rotations off on BACKside. Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Display>Uncheck it&reboot.

Just fyi.

I haven't had the animations on for months and i still have this issue. I have all animations off and anything that can hinder performance or bat life.

Even after fresh wipe. I just make sure i turn my screen off myself with the phone vertical. Sometimes i forget and itnstill happens. I get lucky and i can turn the screen and it come back after unlock and others gotta take my case off and back door and pull battery......

Sent from your mom's phone.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just fyi.

I haven't had the animations on for months and i still have this issue. I have all animations off and anything that can hinder performance or bat life.

Even after fresh wipe. I just make sure i turn my screen off myself with the phone vertical. Sometimes i forget and itnstill happens. I get lucky and i can turn the screen and it come back after unlock and others gotta take my case off and back door and pull battery......

I've been using MiRaGe for the past week. No freezes here....

Also, Gannon5197 got Sense to boot. I'm playing with it now. Sense 3.5 I believe or 3.0. Might wanna check his blog. ;D

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I've been using MiRaGe for the past week. No freezes here....

Also, Gannon5197 got Sense to boot. I'm playing with it now. Sense 3.5 I believe or 3.0. Might wanna check his blog. ;D

we are on backside. Link to blog? I've seen people talk about it but never a link lol. Could i Google his SN and find it?

Edit. Google to no avail just his many profiles on random sites....

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear some are still having screen freezes on the 0306 build of BACKside. I haven't been able to reproduce any freezes on this build on two different phones. So please, if you have a screen freeze issue that happens more than once, post a logcat to pastebin.com and then post the link here. ;)

1-open terminal
2- type in:
Code:
su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt
3-Press your home key to exit terminal while running, DO NOT PRESS BACK BUTTON OR EXIT NOW!
4-Attempt to reproduce the issue that freezes your screen
5-open terminal again
6-press menu and choose toggle soft keyboard
7-while holding down the volume key, press the "c" on your keyboard (this is cntrl+c)
8-exit terminal normally
9-transfer the logcat to your PC
10-go to pastebin.com
11-copy&paste the contents of logcat.txt to pastebin
12-post the resulting pastebin link here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa