[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

smegal1215

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded the newest update, booted into recovery, backed up, then wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed it. when i rebooted, it went to like a fuzzy tv channel look. wtf?!

Nico72

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded the newest update, booted into recovery, backed up, then wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed it. when i rebooted, it went to like a fuzzy tv channel look. wtf?!

With Backside? Yah that happen to me too, scared me to death. Then I felt the boot vibrate and was like wtf and it booted. It might be a glitchy boot animation or Jerry is trying to give someone a heart attack ;)

Reactions: JerryScript

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
With Backside? Yah that happen to me too, scared me to death. Then I felt the boot vibrate and was like wtf and it booted. It might be a glitchy boot animation or Jerry is trying to give someone a heart attack ;)

Its an April fools joke :p but seriously

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
@jerry--- in tonights build will transparent status bar option work?... i tried to enable it with and without uot theme... not working... and yes i enabled transparency in uot... thanks!...

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build of BACKside is up!

Download via the BacksideUpdater in your app drawer

or

BACKside-IHO-VM670-04092012.zip
md5sum d90fc847bfc23d4d7148d4f71bdefbb4

GreenMachineTheme-04092012.zip

Changes:
-- Synced with CyanogenMod
---- Fix for quick unlock bug that prevented passwords over 8 characters from working
---- Workaround (read hack) for allowing more systemui elements to be themed
---- Typo fixed in dalvik that caused some thread crashes
---- Three fixes in webkit to prevent crashes due to garbage collection

-- Added the ability to show or hide system icons in the status bar including wifi - 3g - bluetooth - sync - gps
-- Fixed the delay bug in home key double tap to launch custom activity
-- Added ability to check radio version to BacksideUpdater

To hide system icons in the status bar:
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks>>System icon settings
Uncheck the ones you want to hide, or choose Hidden in the popup window for Battery and Phone
Note- You may need to scroll back to the top and Click To Restart Status Bar after making changes

To set an app or shortcut to launch on double tap of your home key:
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Input>>Double tap home behaviour

To check your radio version in the BacksideUpdater, long-press the screen and a popup message will appear.

Thanks as always to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, tdm, LeslieAnn, Whyzor, bigsupersquid, thekraven, the CM team, the AOSP team, and a whole lot more! ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@jerry--- in tonights build will transparent status bar option work?... i tried to enable it with and without uot theme... not working... and yes i enabled transparency in uot... thanks!...

To make the status bar transparent, after applying your theme, go to:
Settings>>CyanogenMod settings>>Interface>>Status bar tweaks>>Status bar appearance>>Transparent
then at the top of that setttings menu, Click To Restart Status Bar (or reboot) ;)

Spydor

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I recently flashed my stock Optimus V (2.2.1) to BACKside-IHO-VM670-04012012. I pretty much have everything working correctly.. I think, except I have video files that I was previously able to play on my stock device, that no longer plays correctly on the new ROM. I get audio, but no video... its just a black screen while the audio plays. Video I record from the built-in camera plays fine.

The sample video (.mp4) that played on the same device when stock was recorded at 1280x720. I tried installing a new player (MX) along with the ARMv6 codec (MX), and I get the same result. It will play fine if I use the software decoder in MX, but not using the HW decoder. I would then assume the video player that comes in BACKside is also using HW decoding.

Is there a known kernel issue about this?

Jerry, any ideas on this? I really wanted to post on the xda thread, but I am not allowed to post there, since I have no points built up. I took my video file to my friends stock OV, and it played fine... just to verify.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
What type of files are they, how were they created?

Video playback is a part of the CyanogenMod base code, haven't done much exploring of it, but I don't play a lot of videos on my OV since I got my tablet a few months ago. ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Man are you fast, I just finished posting the info to the three forums. ;)

Haha, im a creeper. :p

I stick with AndroidCentral ;)

What type of files are they, how were they created?

Video playback is a part of the CyanogenMod base code, haven't done much exploring of it, but I don't play a lot of videos on my OV since I got my tablet a few months ago. ;)

I use Tube X from Tubex.me to download mp3's from YouTube, and they don't appear in the music app, but video app although I downloaded as mp3. In a file manager it also plays as mp3, but,not in the music app.

If I go to a froyo build, its in the music app.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm not much of a videophile, but I imagine it has something to do with one of the following:

Codecs: Try one of the players with a reputation for supporting the most codecs

Meta-data: No matter what the file name, most video players work off the meta-data contained in the audio/video file, and choose the codec based on that info. Perhaps that youtube converter doesn't set meta-data the right way. I use Freedi youtube downloader, and have no problems with playback.

Reactions: CuriousNoob