[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Any devs looking into a gingerbread based kernel for their version of IHO?

Not yet. It is possible that the GB kernel that Sprint released may play nicer with the new radio update. If that turns out to be true, the IHO devs well need to decide whether to pull the changes back to the current kernel or update the whole thing. But that is still a theory so far... Nobody has proven it yet.

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to remove or change the backup before flashing thing?

you can change boot animations by going to settings>cm settings>interface>choose a bootanimation...
you can also add/change/delete by using a root capable file manager and copying the chosen zip to system>media... :)

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
you can change boot animations by going to settings>cm settings>interface>choose a bootanimation...
you can also add/change/delete by using a root capable file manager and copying the chosen zip to system>media... :)

is there anything else we need to do? when i go through the steps to change the bootanimation and select a different boot animation in the system/media folder, nothing changes. i am stuck with the bootanimation where it says "BACKside IHO" and has the little android guy pop out on the lower right corner.

the preview bootanimation doesn't seem to work for me either. when i select a different bootanimation to preview, it just goes back to the interface settings page.

Reactions: curtis1973

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
is there anything else we need to do? when i go through the steps to change the bootanimation and select a different boot animation in the system/media folder, nothing changes. i am stuck with the bootanimation where it says "BACKside IHO" and has the little android guy pop out on the lower right corner.

the preview bootanimation doesn't seem to work for me either. when i select a different bootanimation to preview, it just goes back to the interface settings page.

The screen you are talking about is the boot logo. That is not changed by the boot animation chooser. The boot animation is the one following the BACKside IHO screen you are speaking of. The boot logo can only be changed by editing a file in the android system. The boot animation chooser changes the boot animation that follows the boot logo

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The screen you are talking about is the boot logo. That is not changed by the boot animation chooser. The boot animation is the one following the BACKside IHO screen you are speaking of. The boot logo can only be changed by editing a file in the android system. The boot animation chooser changes the boot animation that follows the boot logo

i am not talking about the boot logo. i am talking about the boot animation that comes after the boot logo...

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about: [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KIHf1IUZQc[/YT]
p.s. sorry for the crappy camera work

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 04142012

I have uploaded the 04142012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.

You can find all of the changes at this link since 04032012.

I have changed ro.ril.hsxpa and ro.ril.gprsclass settings in build.prop as follows. It seems to me that there is some improvement in the 3G speed.
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
Please post if you have any feedback.

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and of course all of the CM team.

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
i am not talking about the boot logo. i am talking about the boot animation that comes after the boot logo...

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about: Click to view quoted video

Yep you have the LG logo, the Inferior Human Organs Logo, then the Backside animation which is considered a boot logo and then the boot animation comes after all of these. Looks like yours might be disabled. Check under Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance and uncheck Disable boot animation if checked.

On my phone I have the LG logo, IHO Logo, BACKside animation and then the CyanogenMod Bootanimation for a total of 4 steps.

The lg logo I believe is hardware, the IHO logo and backside animation are changed by editing a file and then you should have a boot animation which is changed via the boot animation chooser

Reactions: chuang4u

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep you have the LG logo, the Inferior Human Organs Logo, then the Backside animation which is considered a boot logo and then the boot animation comes after all of these. Looks like yours might be disabled. Check under Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Performance and uncheck Disable boot animation if checked.

On my phone I have the LG logo, IHO Logo, BACKside animation and then the CyanogenMod Bootanimation for a total of 4 steps.

The lg logo I believe is hardware, the IHO logo and backside animation are changed by editing a file and then you should have a boot animation which is changed via the boot animation chooser

sorry, my mistake! thanks for the help!

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

Nor can I preview boot animations. Pressing preview doesn't seem to do anything. I was assuming I may be trying to use incompatible boot animations.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Be sure the bootanimation is a zip file containing nothing other than folders with png images and a desc.txt file. Often, when you download them, they are contained within another zip file.

I just tested on the latest build, and the bootanimation changer and preview are both working fine. ;)

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 04142012

I have changed ro.ril.hsxpa and ro.ril.gprsclass settings in build.prop as follows. It seems to me that there is some improvement in the 3G speed.
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, and of course all of the CM team.
I have been using ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and ro.ril.gprsclass=12 for a while(https://github.com/BobZhome/android_device_lge_thunderc/commit/7853149af9949eaaac99f40f72db145f46dcabb7) now.
When I saw that you recommended ro.ril.hsxpa=2, I had to test it out.
Test 1: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app
Ping(ms) Download(kbps) Upload(kbps)
216 427 405
206 804 723
195 1364 800
179 896 782
175 1129 734

I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=2 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
999 298 302
1132 197 228
631 509 282
1101 420 691
600 321 265

Again, I manual changed build.prop to ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and rebooted...waited 5 minutes to allow the phone to settle down.
Test 2: Five tests with ro.ril.hsxpa=3 and 15 seconds between tests with speedtest.net app to same server as before
284 493 631
307 622 200
416 659 408
598 439 259
404 314 332

For me, it seems like ro.ril.hsxpa=3 works a little better in my location at this point in time. I'll do some more testing with different times and locations to see if the results are the same.
Was the 3G better for you on Virgin or Verizon? My tests were done on Virgin...

Reactions: mrg666

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

edit: here is a video demonstrating what i'm talking about: Click to view quoted video

I noticed in your video, the file manager (I think ES File Explorer), would not just let you choose the bootanimation.zip file, but gave you two choices. Looks like that file manager is not compatible with the standard basic android java call to pick a file. There should be a popup message appear after you select the file saying the file has been copied. Try using a different file manager to pick the file.

I think others have addressed the issue of the BACKside-IHO 1st bootanimation being a part of the boot.img and not the same as the 2nd bootanimation which you can change with the bootanimation chooser. ;)

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: MiRaGe 04142012

ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.ril.gprsclass=12

Figures you would release an update the same day I crush my screen. lol. Pay day can't come faster right now.

Reactions: mrg666