[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me!
I did add a script to move apps and dalvik to your EXT partition(if you have one).
It's needed with ICS, because of ICS eating up so much space...so I added it to my GB ROM, so that I could also access my apps.

What would be a good size EXT partition on a 2GB sd card? 512MB or 1GB ?
Thanks for the help!
Dylan

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is AMAZING!

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!

Reactions: kcls

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't really watch this thread much, so I have no idea why that is happening to you but I laughed really hard at it, lol.

Just a glitch. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but it was funny.

Frankensteined Optimus V Running IHO Mirage. If I break & fix it again, I am renaming it to Mumm-Ra The Ever Living!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is AMAZING!

That is probably uptime overflow. I think there was a fix in the Linux kernel repo. Let me include it in the next build. It will be normal after reboot. How long has it been since your last boot?

Edit: The link to the uptime overflow fix: https://github.com/mrg666/android_kernel_thunderc/commit/c16d23ae9f1380f263508879b23ccb06fbaeee1c

I hope this resolves the problem but testing is not easy.

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
That is probably uptime overflow. I think there was a fix in the Linux kernel repo. Let me include it in the next build. It will be normal after reboot. How long has it been since your last boot?

Edit: The link to the uptime overflow fix: https://github.com/mrg666/android_kernel_thunderc/commit/c16d23ae9f1380f263508879b23ccb06fbaeee1c

I hope this resolves the problem but testing is not easy.

Reboot didn't fix it. I reboot often. I did just start using link2sd and tried the quick reboot feature.

I am recharging now. It should correct itself once fully charged.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 05272012

I have uploaded the 05272012 build of MiRaGe to the IHO Wiki.
- Synced with the CM repo.
- added a kernel fix for uptime overflow in the kernel after a recent report
- added a Cyanbread_light theme by default to replace the orange highlights with cyan/blue that matches with the recent Google Play apps
- replaced /system/etc/gps.conf with a configuration that helps with my weak GPS

The Cyanbread_light theme is a modification of the default Cyanbread theme in CM7. I have reduced its size from 3.6MB to 0.6MB and improved/changed some icons. The impact on the system performance should be minimal this way. It only changes the default orange highlights with cyan/blue to match with the recent Google Play apps (store, books, etc.). If the Cyanbread_light is not activated by default you can do it in Theme Chooser. You can also revert back to the original System theme the same way. The source code of the modified theme is here.

The same ROM modified for Verizon Network is also available here. MD5sum: f847388dc9d4d3f9707923cdc8530efb

As always thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry, LeslieAnn, tdm, thekraven, gannon5197, tvall, bigsupersquid, Whyzor, Earthnfire78, and all of the CM team.

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Sweet. I know what I'm doing later.

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reminding me!
I did add a script to move apps and dalvik to your EXT partition(if you have one).
It's needed with ICS, because of ICS eating up so much space...so I added it to my GB ROM, so that I could also access my apps.

So, in linux MINT, I used GPARTED to reduce the fat32 partition and added on an ext4 partition of 512MB.
I factory resetted the phone from the recovery. After installing BobZhome's latest, and gapps, it does not use the ext4 partition.
In case I did something wrong, I went back and used the minitool partition app instead of linux, and redid the ext4 partition on the SD card. Went back and manually did the partitions on the device in recovery. Reinstalled latest Bobz, and gapps. Still, it does not want to put anything on the ext4 partition on the SD card.
I am fairly fluent in the ways of Linux and partitions.

Am I doing something wrong on the install side?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
So, in linux MINT, I used GPARTED to reduce the fat32 partition and added on an ext4 partition of 512MB.
I factory resetted the phone from the recovery. After installing BobZhome's latest, and gapps, it does not use the ext4 partition.
In case I did something wrong, I went back and used the minitool partition app instead of linux, and redid the ext4 partition on the SD card. Went back and manually did the partitions on the device in recovery. Reinstalled latest Bobz, and gapps. Still, it does not want to put anything on the ext4 partition on the SD card.
I am fairly fluent in the ways of Linux and partitions.

Am I doing something wrong on the install side?

You need to backup the contents of your sdcard to a pc and use your recovery to partition it

Edit: It's under the advanced menu I think.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
You want me to partition the SD fat32 and ext4 partitions via recovery?

NOTE: Hang on, I think I found it. BRB.

Last edited:

faheyd

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
You want me to partition the SD fat32 and ext4 partitions via recovery?

NOTE: Hang on, I think I found it. BRB.

I went through many reinstallations, used recovery for advanced/format partitions, reboots, etc. Used partition minitool, etc.
Went in to Linux and the partitions are there, they are formatted correctly (if I use recovery, the ext partition is formatted to ext3 instead of ext4). However, when I install fresh, nothing is put on the ext partition as far as the file manager can see. In Linux, I only see a 'lost&found' directory on the ext3 partition.
So, I have around a 1.3GB fat32 partition, a 488MB ext3 partition, and a 32MB Linux swap partition.
Can anyone tell me the exact process they used to get BobzHome's to use the ext partition for dalvik cache, apps, etc? Thanks, Dylan

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I went through many reinstallations, used recovery for advanced/format partitions, reboots, etc. Used partition minitool, etc.
Went in to Linux and the partitions are there, they are formatted correctly (if I use recovery, the ext partition is formatted to ext3 instead of ext4). However, when I install fresh, nothing is put on the ext partition as far as the file manager can see. In Linux, I only see a 'lost&found' directory on the ext3 partition.
So, I have around a 1.3GB fat32 partition, a 488MB ext3 partition, and a 32MB Linux swap partition.
Can anyone tell me the exact process they used to get BobzHome's to use the ext partition for dalvik cache, apps, etc? Thanks, Dylan
You do not need swap, and depending on the script you us to move data to the ext partition out may only use the swap position.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

For me it's a non process. I already had my card partitioned and bobz rom just picked right up on it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

kenbrasensei

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
I am sort of new to flashing and messing around with my Optimus V, But I must stop to say Thank You for the volumes of knowledge you have shared openly with myself and the Android community. I have a phone that works and looks Great and I have learned so much in the process.:):) Thanks seems to be quite insufficient, but I will say thanks to JerryScript, and also all the others who give of there time and knowledge, with all the gratitude I can share via this posting method.:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87