[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
ok,installed kernel. been browsing forums via app,posting,jumping between forums app,browser and downloading two mp3's,and more..texting,etc with no issues. and i did see a noticeable speed improvement upon boot concerning how fast the sdcard and my apps were loaded and ready for use. normally my app drawer is sluggish during this process until all is loaded. this time it was all loaded in a few seconds literally. touch response appears improved versus whatever kernel my most current backside rom was using and it wasn't exactly slow.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mrg666

norwoodsteel

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I have merged many more security updates and bug fixes from 2.6.32.59 kernel to IHO kernel.
The updates are too many post but you can see all of them here.

I have fixed some minor problems in my preliminary testing. I need brave testers before I add more updates on top of these.

The flashable zip of the updated kernel is available here

Thanks in advance.

no problems

workdowg

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I have merged many more security updates and bug fixes from 2.6.32.59 kernel to IHO kernel.
The updates are too many post but you can see all of them here.

I have fixed some minor problems in my preliminary testing. I need brave testers before I add more updates on top of these.

The flashable zip of the updated kernel is available here

Thanks in advance.

Nice! Speedy now. Thanks!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Going to be working on some new features for the Recovery, like having a single option to full wipe. But most going to try and get setup that the roms that require a full wipe of the sd-ext partition, can be updated and not loss you apps.

I know how the sd-ext is mounted with my rom, so the fix maybe a simple one, if the devs can pm me a link to the scripts that they use to auto mount the sd-ext partition on boot, that would be a big help.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been using bobZhome kernel that comes with jerryscripts latest rom. I flashed mrg666s new kernel.

I've been driving around and just experienced over half a dozen Bluetooth a2dp disconnects. All of a sudden nav prompts come out of phone speaker, then I must reconnect manually or restart bt.

I literally just pulled over to type this so I'll keep testing... which has become my primary phone activity... :(

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I've been using bobZhome kernel that comes with jerryscripts latest rom. I flashed mrg666s new kernel.

I've been driving around and just experienced over half a dozen Bluetooth a2dp disconnects. All of a sudden nav prompts come out of phone speaker, then I must reconnect manually or restart bt.

I literally just pulled over to type this so I'll keep testing... which has become my primary phone activity... :(

And just a note, Bobz has a newer kernel that hasn't been put on Jerry's rom yet. You could try that after you're done testing.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
And just a note, Bobz has a newer kernel that hasn't been put on Jerry's rom yet. You could try that after you're done testing.

Thanks. You know where I can get a flashable zip of that? I looked briefly, I'd like to flash this and test on the way home(still in the car).

Edit: Another disconnect. Wasnt experiencing this prior. It seems stable other than that though.

Edit: (I'm home now) Could it be the phone sleeps the a2dp connection? Next time I go out I'm just going to let it connect and then go idle and see how long it can maintain a connection.

I remember having a similar a2dp disconnect problem earlier using mrg666 rom + kernel. Been using bobZhome kernel and I forgot about it. Loaded mrg666 newest kernel and its back.

Am I the only one who obsessively uses bluetooth in the car?

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

There are no bluetooth changes in the latest test kernel. The version with the bluetooth updates was long ago and your feedback was positive. I don't think your disconnections are kernel related.

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. You know where I can get a flashable zip of that? I looked briefly, I'd like to flash this and test on the way home(still in the car).

Edit: Another disconnect. Wasnt experiencing this prior. It seems stable other than that though.

Edit: (I'm home now) Could it be the phone sleeps the a2dp connection? Next time I go out I'm just going to let it connect and then go idle and see how long it can maintain a connection.

I remember having a similar a2dp disconnect problem earlier using mrg666 rom + kernel. Been using bobZhome kernel and I forgot about it. Loaded mrg666 newest kernel and its back.

Am I the only one who obsessively uses bluetooth in the car?

I have attached it to this message. My first time doing this, so I hope I'm doing it right :cool:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
There are no bluetooth changes in the latest test kernel. The version with the bluetooth updates was long ago and your feedback was positive. I don't think your disconnections are kernel related.

It may be this problem was there all along(before/unrelated to those updates).

I do recall experiencing disconnects before while testing the bt mac address fix.

Edit: And Bluetooth a2dp audio keeps disconnecting from my head unit. Happened multiple times already today/just now

Prior to that I was using a Froyo rom(with no disconnects). So I have no idea when this problem was introduced.

Ive been using jerryscript with bobZhome for about a week or two now with no hiccups a2dp wise.

Only started experiencing the discconnect when I went back to your kernel for testing.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@Schlidel & mrg666:

I just sat in my car for about 30 mins to test A2DP audio, using Pandora. Tried turning the screen on/off switch away from Pandora (leaving it in background), pausing, skipping tracks etc. After about 15 mins of letting it run (listening to Shostakovich's 12th) I was ready to declare it stable.

Then, just as I was about to wrap it up, it suddenly DID disconnect from A2DP and swicthed to the phone speaker. The car still displayed the A2DP icon -- but apparently wasn't receiving any audio. I was unable to make it connect again other than by toggling BT, forcing the car to search again. Once it picked up I let in run for another 10 mins and had no problems.

(One other thing I found was, there is absolutely no way the screen will ever turn itself off as long as Pandora is running, regardless of whether Pandora is in foreground or background. And yes, I did try both Pandora's Conserve Battery settings. It's probably to help their advertisers, to which I am somewhat receptive given it's free.)

Maybe this is completely unrelated to the kernel and even dates back before the BT fixes mrg did. And maybe the reason Schlidel is seeing it more is because he listens for hours while I (at least) only test it for 30 mins. I still haven't tried to go back to earlier ROMs/kernels and see if it's any different. I'll see if I can find time for that this weekend.

In short: I too was able to reproduce the A2DP disconnect -- I know I am verbose ;)

Reactions: mrg666 and Schlidel

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you dannemand.

I too think this dates back to before the mrg666 bt updates, and is unrelated.

I am able to stay connected for probably 20-30 minutes like you then it disconnects. The phone connection remains, however. I can either cycle bt on/off to fix or I can manually reconnect a2dp through my head unit. (I wish I could figure out what triggers the disconnect)

One difference between us though is my screen does turn off while listening to Pandora.

Maybe we can post some kind of helpful log when disconnect occurs?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I One difference between us though is my screen does turn off while listening to Pandora.

Hmmm... I was certain this had to be a Pandora bug. I am on V1.6, you too? What are your Pandora Advanced settings?

Re the disconnects, I have no idea. Again I'll try and go back to old ROMs and test. Did you try ICS and see if it's the same?

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... I was certain this had to be a Pandora bug. I am on V1.6, you too? What are your Pandora Advanced settings?

Re the disconnects, I have no idea. Again I'll try and go back to old ROMs and test. Did you try ICS and see if it's the same?

Pandora 1.6 yes. "Screen auto-lock" battery is checked.

In your Pandora do you have a "Bluetooth for automotive" setting? My head unit has a built-in Pandora function, I'm not sure if you have that setting. When my HU is connected Pandora goes black and displays JVC logo. The whole HU is built around a2dp it has no CD player. (JVC x50bt for anyone curious.)

Even so the description of that setting sounds like the screen should go off regardless as it "auto-locks". Indeed that's how mine performs. (Besides Pandora's ads are audible.)

Regarding disconnects I've been connected 48 minutes strong (yes I'm spending that much time just sitting in my car, lol) with clean Backside rom bobZhome 3.7. In twelve minutes I'm flashing mrg666 kernel.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nearly an hour and a half I was connected stable with bobzhome 3.7.

Not even five minutes after flashing mirage kernel I got a disconnect.

I was going to type more but my phone rebooted twice trying to type this message. (I haven't had a 72 hour uptime regardless of rom/kernel since I got this phone six months ago...)

Oy vey.... I've never had such a strong love/hate relationship before.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Nearly an hour and a half I was connected stable with bobzhome 3.7.

Not even five minutes after flashing mirage kernel I got a disconnect.

I was going to type more but my phone rebooted twice trying to type this message. (I haven't had a 72 hour uptime regardless of rom/kernel since I got this phone six months ago...)

Oy vey.... I've never had such a strong love/hate relationship before.

This convinced me that the bluetooth updates created trouble and I have reverted the bluetooth updates. The new build without the bluetooth updates is here. I would be great if you can do another test.

Edit: And thank you so much for spending so much time for testing. You have been extremely helpful.

Edit 2: The 0602012 build above now includes only the safe bluetooth fixes. If you had downloaded without this edit, you can download again to get them.

Last edited:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
This convinced me that the bluetooth updates created trouble and I have reverted the bluetooth updates. The new build without the bluetooth updates is here. I would be great if you can do another test.

Did you revert the BT MAC fix as well? I hate to lose that one, whereas the volume issues never bothered me too much.

Thanks.

gwz85

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I will think that you want to find out what version of the hardware they have. I have the old screen and so far I have no reboots since the release of this rom.