[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Im curious,. is this ROM getting another update? I know it is really stable in its current form, hell its been stable since last july/august but im wondering if its done.

Several different ROMs are covered in this thread MiRaGe, BACKside, BobzHome and more), all variants of IHO. Others (such as LeslieAnn's Harmonia, which is a modified MiRaGe) are covered in separate threads.

Updates of one or several of these ROMs are posted almost weekly, whenever there is something new.

Read the last week of posts, and you should see. Or go to the github download page (linked in the opening post). It's all good stuff!

Edit: This is the release post for the latest MiRaGe ROM from last weekend (which I use). It contains a link to that download page for all the IHO ROMs.

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I have added the latest 4.04 BFS scheduler last night. I would appreciate any testing with this one. If all goes well, I think I am done with this kernel for a while and it will be included in the next build of MiRaGe.

I installed this morning. Along with the zip. All Bluetooth errors an issues gone. Not sure if you did anything that effected that but its running smoothly. Calls, data, and about a dozen programs.
More than not, I'm sure it was a user initiated error.
thanks a bunch!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Well.. your kernel has all the major stuff I had in mine... so I guess I'll do that later and start using your kernel in my rom for now.

Sure, please feel free to include it in your ROM. But the amount of updates in this kernel are too many. Let's test it for a while until we decide it is stable. I would very much appreciate your feedback. I am especially nervous about newly added BFS.

Reactions: tvall

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Sure, please feel free to include it in your ROM. But the amount of updates in this kernel are too many. Let's test it for a while until we decide it is stable. I would very much appreciate your feedback. I am especially nervous about newly added BFS.

In my kernel bfs (slightly older one I think) ran quite well. I wouldn't be too nervous.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
This new kernel seems pretty freakin' awesome. I must say. I've made a least one positive discovery.

While I'm still able to reproduce the slow polling accelerometer issue it seems, on its face, to take significantly more switches between Sky Maps and Paper Airplane to reproduce it. (is that even possible or am I imagining?) Also, a complete reboot isn't necessary to fix it. Sky maps and PA are smooth after warm reboot using link2sd.

I've caused the slow polling error and repaired with warm reboot repeatedly now.

Besides that positive bit, everything seems really stable. :D

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
While I'm still able to reproduce the slow polling accelerometer issue it seems, on its face, to take significantly more switches between Sky Maps and Paper Airplane to reproduce it. (is that even possible or am I imagining?) Also, a complete reboot isn't necessary to fix it. Sky maps and PA are smooth after warm reboot using link2sd.

I've caused the slow polling error and repaired with warm reboot repeatedly now.

Besides that positive bit, everything seems really stable. :D

I have not done anything specific for the accelerometer but the task scheduler has been replaced with a (supposedly) more efficient one that can make the phone more responsive. If it is really helping, I think the app is putting too much demand on the system.

Can you try the following? Make the accelerometer slow again with your method and just kill those applications from the app manager (force stop) after that happens. Then wait to see if the accelerometer response will recover by itself without rebooting.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
If any devs who's roms auto mount the sd-ext on boot like to help test out a feature in a recovery please p.m. me. If anyone that has moded a rom to auto mount the sd-ext like to help test that would be cool too.

I'm needing to see if the Prep sd-ext for Update works with all auto mount sd-ext or not. Condition to test under are.
1 - Update rom = no reformating of the sd-ext or data partition.
2 - Format the boot and system only, the cache should be formatted under the Prep sd-ext for Update.
3 - install rom and reboot.

Advance > Prep sd-ext for Update.

Tested and working in OM-Mandylion,

If it does work I may move to the main menu, cause this should work with roms that do not use the sd-ext, and may even add format boot and system. That way it makes it easier to flash roms.

Last edited:

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you try the following? Make the accelerometer slow again with your method and just kill those applications from the app manager (force stop) after that happens. Then wait to see if the accelerometer response will recover by itself without rebooting.

I know the update wasn't meant to fix the accelerometer, thought maybe it improved or was masked as a byproduct perhaps.

I did what you suggested and made the accelerometer slow, and then forced closed those apps. I long pressed back to kill both Paper Airplane and Sky Maps and checked to see they were closed. Waited about a minute then reopened those apps (one at a time) and the polling interval was still low.

I warm rebooted with link2sd and it was right as rain again.

It's really a manageable problem now, so I'm not too worried about it. I know its low on your priorities.

The new kernel/rom is still running great. :)

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
If any devs who's roms auto mount the sd-ext on boot like to help test out a feature in a recovery please p.m. me. If anyone that has moded a rom to auto mount the sd-ext like to help test that would be cool too.

I'm needing to see if the Prep sd-ext for Update works with all auto mount sd-ext or not. Condition to test under are.
1 - Update rom = no reformating of the sd-ext or data partition.
2 - Format the boot and system only, the cache should be formatted under the Prep sd-ext for Update.
3 - install rom and reboot.

Advance > Prep sd-ext for Update.

Tested and working in OM-Mandylion,

If it does work I may move to the main menu, cause this should work with roms that do not use the sd-ext, and may even add format boot and system. That way it makes it easier to flash roms.

I'll test it. I'm running mirage with S2E right now.
Mine is running great.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Sry, doesn't let me edit posts from the app.
is this feature in the rom available in the github? Or is it something separate elsewhere?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Sry, doesn't let me edit posts from the app.
is this feature in the rom available in the github? Or is it something separate elsewhere?

Okay thanks, all though this may not work for S2E, and Link2sd as it has to remover /data/data folder.
How to test
  1. [*]In adb or terminal run "flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWM-Blue-Recovery-1339086922.img" after downloading and placing in the root of your sdcard. [*]Boot into recovery. [*]Go under advance menu and select "Prep sd-ext for Update." [*]Reboot system (the reboot well take some times are the dalvik-cache ans cache was also wiped.

Report back if you still have access to your apps. Do a nadroid back first, and you may want to backup you download apps data as well.

CWM-Blue

Last edited:

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed the June 2nd mirage ROM after a clean wipe. Everything runs great. Thanks mirage creator. I have one issue. Under locations & security setting I am not able modify the GPS to be internal.although the radio button is selected. It is always set to use an external one. GPS was working earlier.Thanks if anybody knows how to correct it

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks, all though this may not work for S2E, and Link2sd as it has to remover /data/data folder.
How to test
  1. [*]In adb or terminal run "flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWM-Blue-Recovery-1339086922.img" after downloading and placing in the root of your sdcard. [*]Boot into recovery. [*]Go under advance menu and select "Prep sd-ext for Update." [*]Reboot system (the reboot well take some times are the dalvik-cache ans cache was also wiped.

Report back if you still have access to your apps. Do a nadroid back first, and you may want to backup you download apps data as well.

CWM-Blue

Ok will do. Its going to be tomorrow before I try it. My data doesn't work well where I'm at today, but I'll report back and let you know how it went.
Btw, I've been using Leslie's rom prep and wondered why it didn't include an option to also do the ext partition?
I do know that S2E did state that it recommended unchecking to move the /data/data option. So I chose not to do it.
I'll make sure to do a nandroid though so it doesn't matter if it breaks anything.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I installed the June 2nd mirage ROM after a clean wipe. Everything runs great. Thanks mirage creator. I have one issue. Under locations & security setting I am not able modify the GPS to be internal.although the radio button is selected. It is always set to use an external one. GPS was working earlier.Thanks if anybody knows how to correct it

I hadn't noticed this before, but mine's the same way.

I wonder if this has anything to do with GPS becoming stuck and unresponsive to the status bar or system settings toggle.

GPS for the most part still works despite these issues though. Maybe mrg666 has something to say about it.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok will do. Its going to be tomorrow before I try it. My data doesn't work well where I'm at today, but I'll report back and let you know how it went.
Btw, I've been using Leslie's rom prep and wondered why it didn't include an option to also do the ext partition?
I do know that S2E did state that it recommended unchecking to move the /data/data option. So I chose not to do it.
I'll make sure to do a nandroid though so it doesn't matter if it breaks anything.

That has to do with the update-binary, and most do not understand what or where the sd-ext is. It is just easier to have the recovery take care of the sd-ext instead of rewriting the code for the update-binary.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@driya: I never set (or even checked) that GPS Source setting in any versions of MiRaGe, and my GPS works perfectly - as Schlidel also said. If your GPS works, just forget about that setting. And if it doesn't work, I think the problem is somewhere else.

Reactions: driya2010

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. It used to work earlier when I had Harmonia. So you are saying that GPS should work even with that setting. Let me try to see whether I can make GPS work.

Schlidel

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your answer. It used to work earlier when I had Harmonia. So you are saying that GPS should work even with that setting. Let me try to see whether I can make GPS work.

It should work even with it saying use external GPS.

Reactions: driya2010