07-28-2013 08:37 PM
1,570 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    once again, great simple release! Glad youre making these Keep up the good work!!!
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    03-21-2012 09:49 PM
    I just switched to this from the other IHO rom and am happy with it but I noticed the stock "News and Weather" app is missing. Also it didn't back up for some reason.

Does any one know where I can download this from?

Thanks!
    03-21-2012 10:41 PM
    What's the difference between 2.05 and 2.04? I seem to operate better on 2.04 with the kernel, zim@foodcourtia. Can I make a flashable zip, or change the kernel somewhere?
    2.04 was an attempt by me to build from source again.
    It worked for some, but not everyone.

Mrg666 made a new build for me 2 days later that works for everyone and that is what was used for 2.05. They really shouldn't be very different, so swapping parts between them should cause minimal issues.

Best advice I can give is say to just try it., or if 2.04 works for you, keep using it. 2.05 was only made to help those having issues with 2.04.
    03-21-2012 11:47 PM
    I just switched to this from the other IHO rom and am happy with it but I noticed the stock "News and Weather" app is missing. Also it didn't back up for some reason.

Does any one know where I can download this from?

Thanks!
    I strip out pretty much all non-essential stuff on purpose.

This is the app you are looking for.
    03-22-2012 12:10 AM
    Where does the kernel sit at in a Rom? I really love that IHO kernel.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-22-2012 12:11 AM
    Where does the kernel sit at in a Rom? I really love that IHO kernel.
    It's inside the boot.img
    03-22-2012 12:18 AM
    Noob you are flashing every thing and every where!
    03-22-2012 01:57 AM
    I strip out pretty much all non-essential stuff on purpose.

This is the app you are looking for.
    Yeah I gotcha.

That app won't install though.. just says "Not Installed".

I'm also having problems with installing maps. First restoring the backup would just hang indefinitely. Then installing it fresh from market (play) came up with a space error.

I did the mod to fix that and now it downloads but the install says "invalid package"

Hrmmm... it's way past my bedtime though I'll play with it some more tomorrow.
    03-22-2012 02:23 AM
    Yeah I gotcha.

That app won't install though.. just says "Not Installed".
    Use a rooted file manager and place it in ./system/apps
    03-22-2012 03:27 AM
    Use a rooted file manager and place it in ./system/apps
    Well even that didn't work. I moved it to ./system/app and it wasn't in the apps list. Rebooted and still not there. Tried installing the app from that location and still said "application not installed"

I ended up reflashing Harmonia but also flashing gapps at the same time and now everything is working well. I have my news/weather app and downloads from Play are installing correctly.

I don't know what happened but it all seems good now!
    LeslieAnn likes this.
    03-22-2012 03:18 PM
    On this update, the phone seems to overheat less, if at all.
    03-22-2012 04:18 PM
    Whatever works.
    Sometimes things just happen.

On this update, the phone seems to overheat less, if at all.
    Did you remember your OC settings?
    03-22-2012 04:41 PM
    How common is it to get a bad nandroid back up? I keep the previous one to the first back up just in case I get one and its saved my hide a couple of times.
    03-22-2012 08:12 PM
    Well even that didn't work. I moved it to ./system/app and it wasn't in the apps list. Rebooted and still not there. Tried installing the app from that location and still said "application not installed"

I ended up reflashing Harmonia but also flashing gapps at the same time and now everything is working well. I have my news/weather app and downloads from Play are installing correctly.

One more update.. The GAPPS file I flashed (Originally for Backside IHO 7.2) had the old market on it. Then it only updated to old 3.4 Play which kept force closing on me.

I ended up manually installing the 3.5 Play posted in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-5-15-apk.html and now it works well.
    03-22-2012 10:38 PM
    Awesome new hormonia 2.04, thanks! !
    03-23-2012 12:39 AM
    How common is it to get a bad nandroid back up? I keep the previous one to the first back up just in case I get one and its saved my hide a couple of times.
    Not very, I keep a bunch on hand. I offload them to my file serve regularly even though I had a 16gig card.
    mysticalnyte likes this.
    03-23-2012 12:49 AM
    Could I just follow these steps? http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/Movin...+with+Data2ext

To set up data2ext on your rom, LeslieAnn.
    03-23-2012 07:55 AM
    Just wanted to pop on and say I really appreciate the work LeslieAnn on this ROM and the continued work.

The LG-OV has gone from my personal phone to the "family" or "home" phone now and this ROM will keep it in service for us for the near future...stable, fast, smooth.

Looking forward to the AOKP, MIUI, etc that might be going on with this phone, but for now, I'll stick with H2.
    03-23-2012 12:15 PM
    Could I just follow these steps? http://optimusv.wikispaces.com/Movin...+with+Data2ext

To set up data2ext on your rom, LeslieAnn.
    We were discussing nandroid backup storage, not app storage.
    I got on fine with the internal storage and app2sd just fine on my OV and do even better on the Evo.
    03-23-2012 05:52 PM
    Might be some confusion with my question, or possibly how I just popped in? I knew you were talking about nandroid back ups. I was just curious if I could follow those steps to set up data2ext on the ov. While I'm also on your ROM.

A little lost here, was just seeking advice/guidance
    03-24-2012 07:26 AM
    OOOH okay, sorry, I thought you were suggesting something.
    I have no idea about data2ext, I have never had a need to use it, others here have.

Anyone know if that method works?
    03-24-2012 05:59 PM
    Hey Leslieann, where are the pngs for the lockscreen located (not the slider but the pattern unlock)? Would you happen to know, because I can't seem to find them unless I'm missing something in framework-res... which I could be.

Sent via the
    03-24-2012 06:09 PM
    How is the battery life on this ROM?
    03-24-2012 06:36 PM
    How is the battery life on this ROM?
    The best of any of the IHO Roms. Its battery life is only beaten by the old froyo roms.

Sent via the
    keystonep1mz likes this.
    03-24-2012 06:46 PM
    I use link2sd, and tried doing an update to the new rom. The links got messed up. Decided to do a clean install, re-run link2sd, and now everything works beautifully. Really a great rom.
    03-24-2012 06:55 PM
1,570 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD