(ICS)CM9, Now 3g!

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
seems i get no data, but still send and receive texts, and also get incoming calls but when trying to dial out i get sent to the voice mail of that phone. also moving data back and forth by usb is really slow.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
It will probably be a bit as things need to settle in a bit, if anyone remembers I waited a bit before jumping on IHO for that very reason as well. I recommend playing with this, but use your IHO roms for daily use. If you have two sdcards, it makes it easier to switch back and forth.

Voicemail fix...
Open the dialer, then hit the menu key, then select settings, then click "voicemail settings/settings for my carrier". Now click on the *86, now enter your phone number. Done.

Any idea where I can set this in the build? I'm thinking it's one of the settings in device/lge/thunderc/device_thunderc.mk ...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the reports. I have a lot to do. :D

The initial build was a full "eng" (engineering) build so it had tons of crap, and additionally, I didn't strip anything out. Too busy getting it to work in the first place, you know? ;)

Tommorow I plan to post a "user" (release) build with a bunch of crap trimmed out, and I'll also try to get everything pushed to github.

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I see that the market is listed as fixed but I can't for the life of me seem to find it. It's weird especially since I'm pretty sure the gapps flashed properly for me.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You have to remove a lot of bloat to get the market to work. I removed all live wallpapers, almost all ringtones and notification tones, the bootanimation, and everything under /system/media/video, as well as a few non-essential apps in /system/app (cmstats, etc).

Be patient grasshopper, and new build is coming, and your ice cream won't melt in the meantime. ;)

Reactions: Shade808

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Ah, thank you Jerry-san. I was actually starting to wonder if the fact that I flashed the dt-a2sd script had anything to do with the market not showing.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
seems i get no data, but still send and receive texts, and also get incoming calls but when trying to dial out i get sent to the voice mail of that phone. also moving data back and forth by usb is really slow.

Bugs everywhere, after all its alpha. :p

If you can send txt and receive, then you have 3g. If it says ' Roaming Indicator Off ' that's a good sign. Also, try going to Google. The 3g icon in ICS is on the signal bars insted of being next to it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Color me jealous. The dev over at the sgs4g xda forum are being secretive about what they have going on. Its like they are affraid somebody will release it before they can. Plus our only kernel dev seems to be out of the network or something.

I shall reiterate this community is damn awesome.