help. D.a. friend bricked phone.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Dude at work wanted to put iho on his phone. So i showed him the ov forums and told him make sure to read.

Hell tells me that he downloaded rom manager and he loaded the recovery from rom manager.

I told him not to use it as it will brick his phone. So i come back to work and he said he went ahead and downloaded a free rom via rom manager and bricked it using it.

Soo my ? To whoever is what would be the first step to get his phone functioning again?

Sent from your mom's phone.

ehoser

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Can we assume that since he missed the numerous "DON'T USE ROM MANAGER!" warnings that he also missed the "ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH A ROM" warnings too?

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can we assume that since he missed the numerous "DON'T USE ROM MANAGER!" warnings that he also missed the "ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH A ROM" warnings too?

yes. Lol. When he walked up to me at work and told me this i kinda just started laughing. But i believe he learned his mistake. He hasn't had a phone for the past couple days and its killed him lol

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
It gets stuck at the VM screen when try to boot. And the when try to get into recovery all it is a black screen

follow the directions in the fix a black screen thread it should be able to recover from a rom mangler flash.

Atmazzz

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: itsrayray

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Try this to see the recovery menu while in black screen.

Install this: New pre-packaged ADB installation

Next Install Java

Now go to Droid@Screen

Droid@Screen will let you see the phone's recovery screen on the computer. He can then install the correct files he needs. He will need a ROM on his SD card to flash and then he will need to install the correct recovery using ADB. Read here for more info on getting that done.

I'm getting him to attempt it. But I'm gonna do this on my comp so incase he can't do it. I will

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Try this to see the recovery menu while in black screen.

Install this: New pre-packaged ADB installation

Next Install Java

Now go to Droid@Screen

Droid@Screen will let you see the phone's recovery screen on the computer. He can then install the correct files he needs. He will need a ROM on his SD card to flash and then he will need to install the correct recovery using ADB. Read here for more info on getting that done.

i got the droid@screen working on my pc and i have to say it is kinda snazzy. what i am assuming is that my friends recovery is a working recovery it is just black as it does not have the software needed to properly make the screen work. so by using this droid@screen i should be able to flash a rom with the needed kernal to boot up and then i should be able to flash a new recovery?

please correct me if i am wrong....

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Thats correct.... just hope that there really is a recovery there

i believe there is. I can use the camera(select key) when first boot into recovery and it will reboot phone, as reboot is always at the top in the main menu.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
sorry had to post this. I was messing around lol.

425704d7-6b57-dc4f.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch