[CyanogenMod-7 ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....01-12-2013..Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-09-2012..Update

Now Status Bar tweaks under Cyanogenmod Settings -> Interface is force closing upon opening >_<

Damn-it fixed one thing and broke another :(

Would anything in the Rom somehow be preventing the YouTube app from signing me in? I just keep getting "there was an error" and it never signs me in.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

The problem is with Google Play's key, thought I fixed it but turns out I was still using the wrong file again. I'm hoping to have something in the next 2 hours.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-09-2012..Update

Everything is fixed this time I promise never try directly theming the Play Store app unless you want the system apps with the shared key to go dead, the problem with CMParts was one line in an xml file.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: OM-Mandylion....[ROM+KERNEL].....12-20-2012..Update

Everything is fixed this time I promise never try directly theming the Play Store app unless you want the system apps with the shared key to go dead, the problem with CMParts was one line in an xml file.

YouTube app still not signing in. :eek:

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

How did you install the ROM, cause I'm not having a problem. Do you setup your Google account in Account & sync settings?

Well I flashed the update over the prior version. Do I need to do a clean install?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Well I flashed the update over the prior version. Do I need to do a clean install?

Not need if you are using ZenGarden Recovery, doing it manually in recovery choice the "Format for Update" option, or with IHO Updater pick Automatic Install.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Not need if you are using ZenGarden Recovery, doing it manually in recovery choice the "Format for Update" option, or with IHO Updater pick Automatic Install.

Can't find "format for update" on the ZenGarden touch recovery, the regular one wouldn't install properly.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

There is a grammar typo it should say Wipe Data, but it says Wipe Date under that menu there are 4 options on how to format and/or wipe data.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Did not fix my YouTube issue, but deleted all data for my apps and system settings. I'm gonna try a clean install tonight.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

New kernel available with a revert of accelerometer sensor drivers, this should fix the delay problem and removed Intellidemand Governor for now until I fix the part of the code that was cause problems.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Hey E&F. I love your ROM, use it daily. But i gotta say. I dont really like the permanent blue dialer :p . i know its a stupid thing to bother you about but i cannot for the life of me change it lol . I want to use my own theme from UOT. The theme I use is green so it goes well with the stock colors on the dialer , problem is , UOT doesnt have dialer customization. Is there any way you can help me to get the stock dialer or another color like green? Please?!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Hey E&F. I love your ROM, use it daily. But i gotta say. I dont really like the permanent blue dialer :p . i know its a stupid thing to bother you about but i cannot for the life of me change it lol . I want to use my own theme from UOT. The theme I use is green so it goes well with the stock colors on the dialer , problem is , UOT doesnt have dialer customization. Is there any way you can help me to get the stock dialer or another color like green? Please?!

You should talk to AnthonyCR believe he still hangs around here, he is the theming master. What you are talking about can be done with ThemeManageer and ThemeChoser, and all you need is a theme. There is away to do this with apktool and AnthonyCR is very good at that, better then me because I don't use it very much.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

awww just when I thought everything was working correctly and I was setting up my fresh install of your 12202012 version, I found out lockscreen widgets aren't working. oh and I also found Application settings under Cyanogenmod settings force closes upon opening but it didn't bother me since I never changed anything there. However the lockscreen widgets function I use all the time

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [IHO ROM+KERNEL] OM-Mandylion.....12-20-2012..Update

Few things. Reverted to earlier version from my backup and used IHO Updater to install. YouTube still isn't working but I'll deal with that until I feel like doing a full wipe and install.

Also, the format for update option in ZenGarden hangs up and stops after clearing the cache but before clearing the dalvik cache. Not sure if that's what killed all my data before.

And I have the same crash as the previous poster.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Few things. Reverted to earlier version from my backup and used IHO Updater to install. YouTube still isn't working but I'll deal with that until I feel like doing a full wipe and install.

Also, the format for update option in ZenGarden hangs up and stops after clearing the cache but before clearing the dalvik cache. Not sure if that's what killed all my data before.

And I have the same crash as the previous poster.

What version of the recovery are you using, cause it not really hanging if you using one from last week. I just do not write in enough UI feed back as to what is going on.

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

What version of the recovery are you using, cause it not really hanging if you using one from last week. I just do not write in enough UI feed back as to what is going on.

Just downloaded and installed it 2 days ago.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Just downloaded and installed it 2 days ago.

I'm working on trying to figure out what is going on, and why apps using the shared key are dying when updating from an earlier version. Going to pull in a full repo source, but the source repository is down right now.

A fresh install does work, but should not be needed: this is really frustrating for like the last two weeks have shared nothing but crap :(

As for the recovery that is working fine and I did update it yesterday which does have more of a UI feed back, and well update it again in the New Years. Doing some major UI work, and trying to limit the touch function to just the buttons and not the whole screen.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Okay finally tracked down the problem after the sd-ext gets mounted the system apps data is to be moved over to the sd-ext/data_s folder, for some reason those are getting removed at boot killing most of the default system settings. I'm working on a fix now, hopeful this works.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Okay finally found out the problem with some system apps being killed when updating ROM, it turns out that something I had the recovery set to wipe was causing the problem. I'll release an update to the recovery tomorrow, and sorry everyone for the problem you have been having.

CMParts is fixed completely so no more force closing on anything, and well release an update tomorrow for the ROM as well.

exProphecy

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

another issue I noticed is when I change my brightness using the status bar and I turn off my screen, it reverts back to the brightness I had before. for example, my current brightness is at minimum. I use my finger and slide across the status bar to change it to maximum. I then turn off the screen. I turn the screen back on and the brightness is back to minimum for some reason when it should be at maximum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress