03-01-2012 07:13 PM
74 123
tools
    That strange. Works fine when I do it. Here's the process I do to flash it maybe double check.
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/v.img
    reboot recovery

I name it v.img easier to type. I don't know if that helps.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    DizzmalDan420 likes this.
    03-01-2012 02:16 AM
    I do have that flash zip in my drop box that mmarz created a while back if you want to go that route I can post the link to it in my drop box account. If so I'll post instructions on how to use it.

03-01-2012 02:19 AM
    To flash in terminal. Rename it something easy like v.img. then the command is flash_image recovery /sdcard/ v.img.....

Your instructions from Page 4 show a space between the /sdcard/ v.img while the ones you just posted show no space. Tried it without the space and I get the following: "failed with error: -1 error opening /sdcard/ovrec.img#"
    03-01-2012 02:22 AM
    Just renamed it to v.img and it suddenly worked. Weird. Thanks alot!
    03-01-2012 02:27 AM
    If anyone can't get the recovery to flash in terminal let me know. There are a couple more options to install.

03-01-2012 02:30 AM
    Just renamed it to v.img and it suddenly worked. Weird. Thanks alot!
    Your welcome. Hope you like drews touch recovery.

03-01-2012 02:32 AM
    Code:
    May need an offical thread if more people start to use it lol.
    I would say that the OV does have a Touch Recovery and does deserve its own thread, just based off how may people have flashed it and are using it.
    Another reason that a recovery image may not be able to flashing is because, either the ROM does not have that buzyBox file or they used the FlashRecvoery script found in All-in-One-Recovery thread.
    03-01-2012 07:52 AM
    If I remember correctly you flash two things, not sure if it applies to this recovery though. The zip file and the img. file
    No, you would unzip the zip file, then flash_image the img file. Unless it was a flashable zip file

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 08:56 AM
    I already have a flash able zip made that I use personally. That way I can flash it in recovery. I won't post it unless I had drews permission to so. Maybe if drew reads my thread and sees that people here are using it also, he may create a thread over here in our forum. I would create one but again I won't unless I had permission to do so.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.
    03-01-2012 09:16 AM
    I already have a flash able zip made that I use personally. That way I can flash it in recovery. I won't post it unless I had drews permission to so. Maybe if drew reads my thread and sees that people here are using it also, he may create a thread over here in our forum. I would create one but again I won't unless I had permission to do so.

Can you PM me that flashable zip?
    03-01-2012 10:13 AM
    Sure drew give me a few to let me jump on my pc

Pm ed the link to you drew
    03-01-2012 10:21 AM
    i would think drew would be pissed that we are using his recovery!
    03-01-2012 11:52 AM
    Me too that's why I posted the thread to see if we could get one of our own. And that's why I won't post links or the recovery zip I use. But the thread does show interest in the recovery for our phone by a select few people. If it upsets drew I understand and the thread can be closed. Don't want to step on any toes.

03-01-2012 12:01 PM
    Using the volume/camera button to navigate the original recovery always felt awkward to me. I'm loving this new touch recovery and so far as I can tell it's working perfectly. Thanks to Drew for making it available and to 00_wrath_00 for helping me figure out how to install it.
    03-01-2012 12:26 PM
    Hmmm, I've never had a problem with the old recovery, so I don't know if I should risk changing...
    03-01-2012 12:33 PM
    Using the volume/camera button to navigate the original recovery always felt awkward to me. I'm loving this new touch recovery and so far as I can tell it's working perfectly. Thanks to Drew for making it available and to 00_wrath_00 for helping me figure out how to install it.
    Your very welcome. I have been here a year and try to give back as much as i can.

Hmmm, I've never had a problem with the old recovery, so I don't know if I should risk changing...
    Worse case if you don't like it you can always switch back. I use it because its easier for my hands cause of arthritis.

thewraith420 likes this.
    03-01-2012 12:47 PM
    Worse case if you don't like it you can always switch back. I use it because its easier for my hands cause of arthritis.

That is a pretty good feature then, those buttons are pretty obnoxious to press. I may try it, but I'm leery of any other recoveries because with the one I have, I've never had a single bad flash.
    03-01-2012 12:50 PM
    That is a pretty good feature then, those buttons are pretty obnoxious to press. I may try it, but I'm leery of any other recoveries because with the one I have, I've never had a single bad flash.
    I can only speak for myself and my experience with the recovery. But I have had no bad flashes with it as of yet.

03-01-2012 12:58 PM
    I've used several different recoveries and, so far, I've been fortunate in that I've never had a bad flash. The only tangible difference I've noticed between them is that certain recoveries seem to wipe more reliably than others. Til now I've stuck with Xionia because it always gave me good wipes and, on a more flippant note, I like the color scheme.
    03-01-2012 01:01 PM
    The color scheme is pretty close to xionia. But i say if its not broke don't fix it lol.

03-01-2012 01:25 PM
    i would think drew would be pissed that we are using his recovery!
    Why would he?

He released it for public use. As long as we arent hounding him for support then Im sure he doesn't care.
    03-01-2012 04:41 PM
    Why would he?

He released it for public use. As long as we arent hounding him for support then Im sure he doesn't care.
    rather be safe then sorry. i figured if drew was upset he would of said something. i just have alot of respect for the devs here in the OV and the OS forums. and if drew decides to make a touch recovery specific for our phone i would be willing to test it. just wanna give back to a great community and help as much as i can.
    03-01-2012 05:14 PM
    The color scheme is pretty close to xionia. But i say if its not broke don't fix it lol.

I prefer: if it ain't broke, fix it till it is

And go ahead and make a thread for it, at least until I support the Optimus V specifically.
    03-01-2012 05:58 PM
    everyone one please go to the new thread for now on until drew offically supports the OV and he creates a new thread. once its official by drew i will return to this thread as a discussion thread to keep the clutter off the main thread. thanks.
    03-01-2012 07:13 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD