Will the OV get a touch recovery?

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed it, will test it out.

Edit: Did I good run at making a backup, and like the idea of not having to use the hard buttons and was only about to use the Ra Recovery (which I did like) because my camera button is a little wonky. Think I may love this one even more.

Last edited:

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I hate to ask what's most likely a total noob question... But I just tried to flash this via Terminal Emulator. After typing in the command and hitting enter, the following line of text appears: "usage: flash_image partition file.img". What do I do next?

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
thats a new one. never seen that. what recovery are you using now? if worse comes to worse ill ask drew if i can put it in a zip file to flash in recovery.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried it with and without using SU, both with the same results. I did rename the file. Didn't do anything with the .img extension as they're hidden by default with my Windows installation.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly you flash two things, not sure if it applies to this recovery though. The zip file and the img. file :p

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
That strange. Works fine when I do it. Here's the process I do to flash it maybe double check.
su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/v.img
reboot recovery

I name it v.img easier to type. I don't know if that helps.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DizzmalDan420

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I do have that flash zip in my drop box that mmarz created a while back if you want to go that route I can post the link to it in my drop box account. If so I'll post instructions on how to use it.

DizzmalDan420

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
To flash in terminal. Rename it something easy like v.img. then the command is flash_image recovery /sdcard/ v.img.....

Your instructions from Page 4 show a space between the /sdcard/ v.img while the ones you just posted show no space. Tried it without the space and I get the following: "failed with error: -1 error opening /sdcard/ovrec.img#"

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
If anyone can't get the recovery to flash in terminal let me know. There are a couple more options to install.

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Code:
[SIZE="2"]May need an offical thread if more people start to use it lol.[/SIZE]

I would say that the OV does have a Touch Recovery and does deserve its own thread, just based off how may people have flashed it and are using it.
Another reason that a recovery image may not be able to flashing is because, either the ROM does not have that buzyBox file or they used the FlashRecvoery script found in All-in-One-Recovery thread.

Last edited:

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly you flash two things, not sure if it applies to this recovery though. The zip file and the img. file :p

No, you would unzip the zip file, then flash_image the img file. Unless it was a flashable zip file

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

00_wrath_00

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I already have a flash able zip made that I use personally. That way I can flash it in recovery. I won't post it unless I had drews permission to so. Maybe if drew reads my thread and sees that people here are using it also, he may create a thread over here in our forum. I would create one but again I won't unless I had permission to do so.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I already have a flash able zip made that I use personally. That way I can flash it in recovery. I won't post it unless I had drews permission to so. Maybe if drew reads my thread and sees that people here are using it also, he may create a thread over here in our forum. I would create one but again I won't unless I had permission to do so.

Sent from my Quattrimus ICS OV.

Can you PM me that flashable zip?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tudi23