How is the watch most useful to you?

Smellincoffee

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
I've been debating the idea of getting a Pixel Watch 2 for a while now, but the closest I've ever come to using a smartwatch has been a simple fitbit model. In what ways have you found yours most useful? For what it's worth, I'm a bit of a late adopter -- I didn't get a smartphone until 2018, in my early thirties. By that point I was too curious about the many potential uses to resist any longer.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I find that I text and answer (screen)calls quite often. Saves me having to dig out my phone. Also use it to control Spotify and as a remote shutter/ zoom/ mode chooser for my P8P when in my tripod. Not to mention the fitness aspects of the device.

Reactions: SeeBeeEss

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
It's a watch so that's my primary first function. Like that I can respond to messages and phone calls when my phone is not handy. My watch has LTE enabled. Use it for fitness and sleep tracking. And on some occasions controlling media that might be playing. Timer, stop watch, notifications.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I find that I text and answer (screen)calls quite often. Saves me having to dig out my phone. Also use it to control Spotify and as a remote shutter/ zoom/ mode chooser for my P8P when in my tripod. Not to mention the fitness aspects of the device.
I should have mentioned all this, especially responding to texts and emails.

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
As already mentioned, although maybe not as important for someone in their early thirties, the heart rate monitor and ECG have been extremely useful for me (heart issues), receiving texts and phone calls without having to have my phone constantly by my side, as well as appointment notifications and making sure I get my 8-12k steps in every day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a bit old school, and like to wear a smartwatch that looks like a nice watch. So the round design of the Pixel Watch 2 (and the many steel and leather 3rd party bands that are available), along with the ability to change watchfaces easily, contributes to the experience of having multiple nice-looking watches in one. Apart from that, I appreciate the Fitbit features, and incoming message notifications are handy if my hands are too full to reach for my phone, or if I'm preoccupied at work (e.g., while seeing a patient).

Reactions: Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee

Oct 13, 2022
Visit site
As already mentioned, although maybe not as important for someone in their early thirties, the heart rate monitor and ECG have been extremely useful for me (heart issues), receiving texts and phone calls without having to have my phone constantly by my side, as well as appointment notifications and making sure I get my 8-12k steps in every day.

I'm late thirties now, but arrhythmic episodes run in my family (myself included -- since childhood) , so that is DEFINITELY attractive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute