Phone format after factory reset HELP!!!

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
so i was stupid and factory reset my phone and it was stuck in bootloop i fixed that problem, but now every time i turn off the phone or the batter falls out my phone formats itself and i have to start over from scratch and its very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this problem and get back to the stock ROM?

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
so i was stupid and factory reset my phone and it was stuck in bootloop i fixed that problem, but now every time i turn off the phone or the batter falls out my phone formats itself and i have to start over from scratch and its very annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this problem and get back to the stock ROM?

Epic fail! ;) Look at the "I hit the factory reset in the Privacy Menu, now what" section of the post.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I would give u a link but I'm on my fone but there is about five people (including me ) that got their problem fixed
They are probably in the second page
Good luck!

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No if i do that will it fix this problem. I'm a noOb at this so theres alot that i don't know, hence the fact that i factory reset

Yeah, it might make your phone show up on your computer. Go to LG's website, for our phone, and hit the download link. Usually you have to do this to root your phone... I'm assuming you're rooted?

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
No offense but if you can't remember if you're root or not you probably shouldn't have tried messing with your phone like that to begin with.

Plenty of stickies to assist with your problem, I would suggest reading now since you didn't before.

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
No offense but if you can't remember if you're root or not you probably shouldn't have tried messing with your phone like that to begin with.

Plenty of stickies to assist with your problem, I would suggest reading now since you didn't before.

I agree. :p At this point, I would just read and try and figure it out. I haven't ever factory reset my phone, so I don't have much experience with this. Sorry. :-\

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have no clue how to do this

plug your phone into the usb cable connected to your pc.

open a command prompt (windows) or shell (linux).
you need the path set for adb to work already, or you'll have to go to the android sdk's /platform-tools folder where adb lives. again, using adb is covered other places, you'll have to search if you don't know.

cut-and-paste this line into the command prompt but don't push enter yet:

Code:
adb shell flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8; adb reboot recovery

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I have no clue how to do this

plug your phone into the usb cable connected to your pc.

open a command prompt (windows) or shell (linux).
you need the path set for adb to work already, or you'll have to go to the android sdk's /platform-tools folder where adb lives. again, using adb is covered other places, you'll have to search if you don't know.

Code:

Let me google that for you

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
ok so i tried the [FIX] ADB method to break factory reset bootloop by wiping /mtd8 method to fix this problem. but i don't really understand how to do this part:

Code:

As soon as the silver LG logo diasppears and LGE factory recovery starts, press enter.
the timing may need to be adjusted on either side of where LG logo fades, and LGE recovery starts to format the two partitions, if adb says 'no device'
you can paste the line again and again until adb talks to the phone at the right time. you don't have but a few seconds each boot to get the command through to your V.
once the adb commands punch through, /dev/mtd/mtd8 is cleared so the boot loop should be gone and you will actually boot into recovery.

Where am i supposed to post this exactly i tried to do it in platform tools and in C:\android-sdk nothing happened

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Its
C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
Because that is where adb is

[EDIT] try android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

(Only put windows if your using windows)

PoisonStar

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
i used Xionia recovery to fix my phone after i factory reset it but now i can't turn off my phone without losing everything which is really annoying is there anything that can fix this?

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is mine was the exact same thing except I fixed mine with terminal emulator and enter bigsupersquid's code after entering su

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87