[ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!

AbsensMentis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jca

Sounds like a recovery loop. I think you'll have to flash Xionia recovery to fix it. There is a flashable zip floating around. I've never used it so maybe someone else can chine in with more info on it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Boom, that was it! Flashed it, rebooted, it did an automatic stock reset, booted to stock. Custom recovery left intact, so we immediately loaded the latest IHO on, its rooted and running GB. Thanks!!!

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Boom, that was it! Flashed it, rebooted, it did an automatic stock reset, booted to stock. Custom recovery left intact, so we immediately loaded the latest IHO on, its rooted and running GB. Thanks!!!

I actually thought you'd have to use the features under advanced called fix boot loop :p glad it worked out tho :)

grandstaff79

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

Hello, New to the forums. I rooted my OV when i first got it, and being stupid did the ZV9 update. Problem I am having now is that I can not get my computer to do an ADB command. I've changed the file path in my computer but still gives me not an internal or external command. I am not very happy with the stupid update. laggy 3g andthe phone locks up. I have downloaded everything i need to reroot, and still having trouble getting my computer to send the commands to the phone.Any help would be great.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello, New to the forums. I rooted my OV when i first got it, and being stupid did the ZV9 update. Problem I am having now is that I can not get my computer to do an ADB command. I've changed the file path in my computer but still gives me not an internal or external command. I am not very happy with the stupid update. laggy 3g andthe phone locks up. I have downloaded everything i need to reroot, and still having trouble getting my computer to send the commands to the phone.Any help would be great.

What os?

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@grandstaff: There is also a thread here that guides you through the entire process of installing ZV9 and rooting - including how to setup ADB. Maybe that will help.

Edit: Updated link above so it works. (You know what they say about Tapatalk: can't live with it, can't live without it!)

Last edited:

grandstaff79

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I have downloaded everything I need to get the process started, but when I opened the command prompt it says C:/>Users\my last name. Then I type in what it tells me then give me a not an internal or external command. Even went and changed the path directory. And that's where I get stuck.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

grandstaff79

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I have done that as well. Comes up system 32 in the prompt. Same message " not an internal or external command.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

evox2008

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

Can't we finally get a full backup from someone's phone with the new radio already built-in? Or flashing the radio is waaay outside of that.?

Thanks.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
No, nandroid won't backup or restore the radio image. You need the new stock recovery, and it only actually flashes the radio when booting after running the vmu update.zip.

grandstaff79

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

ok, cant figure out what is going on. get to the exploit part. and it says "file not found".. And when I reboot it goes back to the Android Stock recovery. what am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to get back on GB rom and not the stock android

kwknott

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

ok, cant figure out what is going on. get to the exploit part. and it says "file not found".. And when I reboot it goes back to the Android Stock recovery. what am I doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I just want to get back on GB rom and not the stock android

Which command are you getting this error on?

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site

during the exploit,the batch to exe setup fails to copy jcase_rootme.zip to your sdcard,this will cause the file not found error. pre-copy this file to sdcard root before running the exploit. then it will work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

grandstaff79

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

ok, when i get to step three it gives me not found on this command adb shell rm /data/amit/*
any suggestions. and not found on the rest of the exploit commands. also i pre copied jcase_rootme to the sd card

Last edited:

Droidtrav

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

something is different.....

ran update.zip to unbrick a phone and in the words of the immortal CASE from neuromancer ...

"cant get back in..."

I guess im buying another phone to tinker with....

still love the ov my first one....

root was great!

laterz

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

something is different.....

ran update.zip to unbrick a phone and in the words of the immortal CASE from neuromancer ...

"cant get back in..."

I guess im buying another phone to tinker with....

still love the ov my first one....
:confused:
root was great!

laterz

?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38