[ROOT] Virgin Mobile Security Update Now Rooted!!! Thanks jcase!!

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The second screenshot above are the numbers on Zv9/EvdoA. The last screenshot was Zv5/EvdoA. Just trying to prove that updating and rooting the OV is a good thing if you want faster speeds. Thanks to jcase and this step by step process.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
The second screenshot above are the numbers on Zv9/EvdoA. The last screenshot was Zv5/EvdoA. Just trying to prove that updating and rooting the OV is a good thing if you want faster speeds. Thanks to jcase and this step by step process.

I see now, I missed the network item there. But still, you'd be hard pressed to give a definitive answer on which baseband is faster, there's just to many variables that you can't account for. Unless you've got a Faraday cage and a transmitter that is. Some people have reported higher speeds, others have reported lower speeds.

This space intentionally left blank.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
So true.... However, the hardware, if maintained, should be equivalent enough. The software is the source and the method to apply is the key. If the download is Md5 checked and calculated, the method properly applied, then all should be faster. I know all OV's are not created equally (I've got 3) but if maintained, they are faster on this baseband.

My friend has one that hasn't been maintained and his speeds lagged big time. In a case such as that(where the phone has been dropped, beaten, flashed a million times... LOL) I can see where the issue would be. With that said, the QC at Virgin Mobile/LG, has to make sure the phone parameters are kept to a certain level before they are sold.

HuCo

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the hard work. I am a newb, so be gentle - on the command "adb shell rm /data/amit/*" I get a permission denied error. I have done the factory reset twice, but the error persists. What can I do?

Thanks.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the hard work. I am a newb, so be gentle - on the command "adb shell rm /data/amit/*" I get a permission denied error. I have done the factory reset twice, but the error persists. What can I do?

Thanks.

Are you copying and pasting?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you install the upate.zip after you factory reset. (both times)

I would suggest copying the URL of this topic and paste it in your browser. Open internet and go to URL in a side window. Open up cmd as administrator. Go to the commands listed in the op of this topic. Copy and paste each line one at a time to your cmd window and press enter each line.

Always make sure ADB debugging is selected on your phone.

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
For some reason I had a similar issue while hand typing each command line in. So I decided to copy and paste. Whatever the reason, this way was successful. I have updated on all 3 of my optimus v's. Hope this helps as it did me.

>C:\adb push flash_image /data/local/flash_image

>C:\adb push VM670NH_recovery.img /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img

>C:\adb push jcase_rootme.zip /sdcard/jcase_root.zip

>C:\adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/flash_image

>C:\adb shell rm /data/amit/*

>C:\adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd2 /data/amit/AMI304_Config.ini

>C:\adb shell ln -s /dev/mtd/mtd2 /data/amit/AMI304_Config2.ini

>C:\adb reboot

>C:\adb shell rm /data/amit/*

>C:\adb shell /data/local/flash_image recovery /data/local/VM670NH_recovery.img

>C:\adb reboot recovery

Last edited:

jAdOg@88

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I do hope the author and administrator doesn't mind me reposting the commands in the same topic. All the credit goes to JerryScript. I'm just trying to help others the same way I was helped.

Last edited:

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
''cd FILE_PATH_TO_ADB_DIRECTORY_HERE'' What does this mean ??? Please help

All you need is the adb executables which you can gets here.

Unzip it placing it into you Home Username Directory making it easier to find when you need it. Open up Windows Command Prompt and type as follows:

Code:
cd C:\Users\Your User Name\Platform-Tools

To make things easier after you type "cd " (don't for get the space after d), left click and hold on the directory you unzipped adb to and drag it into the Cmd Window and press enter.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards