Having trouble modifying a ROM zip

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
So, when flashing IHO, I'd always just open the archive in either WinRAR or 7-Zip, edit the build.prop to my liking, and flash like normal (after disabling signature verification of course.)

Trying to do the same to the Quattrimus Alpha 7 ZIP, and it gave me a Status 0 error. Tried a fresh download with a fresh edit, but doing that the recovery just freezes during flashing until I press the back button, and then it says 'Install from SD Card complete', but there's no way it's working if I can just 'back out' of it anytime, and it doesn't move otherwise.

Any thoughts? I'm going to just adb push the new build.prop in recovery this time, but will probably run into this again in the future.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Change your recovery is my guess.... I get Status error if I replace the META-____ (I forgot) folder.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Change your recovery is my guess.... I get Status error if I replace the META-____ (I forgot) folder.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I can't use any of the IHO recoveries because I can't mount USB Storage in them. Oh well. I can find ways around it now that I had my first real adventure using ADB push / pull through recovery. It was fun. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArchyA