Best launcher for cm9, cm7, aokp, cai

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Well just wanted to start this tread as to not glog up rom treads. We'll the dope TDM just drop cm9 beta pre (which is sick :) ) so any who wanted to find out which was the best launcher not just for cm9 but the others as well. For me I'm liking launcher pro for cm7 but haven't found something similar for cm9 or can I use that for cm9? Let's get it started

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

dzdzjb

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I usually use stock because it seems to crash far less frequently than all of the others. But maybe I'm just boring and heartless ;)

EnMod

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Apex on ICS with Metro Inspired icons, LauncherPro on GB. Both are silky smooth and packed with features, while being resource friendlier than most launchers and looking good doing it.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
ADW EX is the way to go on CM7, customization wise. As for ICS, I haven't even used it yet :p

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk 2

driya2010

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Holo Launcher on Gingerbread ROMs. Very snappy. The most useful feature for me is a contact widget. This gives you a shortcut with picture. Click on that - you get an expanded sub-menu underneath for direct dial, direct message (changes to Google Voice message instead of normal message if that is your default).

Reactions: jonny5449

wormy987123

flashaholic
Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I use ADW EX and haven't looked back since I got this phone. I love all the customizing that can be done with it. I've use it on CM7 and CM9 as well as stock

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Freedomrock

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Apex for ICS and Launcher Pro for GB. Apex has scrollable dock like Launcher Pro. Apex allows you to long press to create home screen shortcuts for widgets and Apps. I tried a couple of other ICS launchers but they were all buggy with certain apps and widgets.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Apex on ICS and Holo Launcher on GB, until recently it was Go Launcher.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Holo Launcher : great launcher for cm7,only downside is there are apparently no skins other than what its built with (ICS styled launcher). overall id still give it 4 out of 5 stars because its absolutely packed with features for such a small sized launcher. :thumbup:

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've found that Apex works much better on our phone for ICS compared to Nova.

For GB/Froyo Holo Launcher is a nice newcomer but my ol' reliable is ADW EX. Launcher Pro just seems so outdated and from a completely different era.

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
For me its all about transition options, Widgets for that's why Im loving launcher pro it just has more than the rest plus I got the unlocked :) and as far as icons I just haven't found anything I like and i use my own wallpaper. Btw I'm on tdm's cm9 beta pre 1 with the nightly which is sick a must have in a arsenal of roms:D

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I use org.zeam it has almost no memory footprint, and with hdpi removed is only 280lkb's in side, plus it has some customization features as well.