Evolution-B.Y.O.R V1.3.1 a Cygwin/Windows ROM TOOL

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Give me about an hour/hour and half and I'll have a package put together, the setup.ini file in the dsixda_cygwin_install I just found out is old, and will not install anything if you are installing on a computer that has internet.

OK cool. I have internet just fine though. The instructions state to install from local. Why would internet matter? I looked in the directories I extracted too and there's files under every folder

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Evolution-B.Y.O.R V1.06.2 a Cygwin/Windows ROM TOOL

OK cool. I have internet just fine though. The instructions state to install from local. Why would internet matter? I looked in the directories I extracted too and there's files under every folder

It checks for file dependencies online, I just tried running a fresh install with the dsixda_cygwin_install and run into that problem.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Uploading the packages now, it is in five parts, but it well take about 2 hours to upload.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Removed the Evolution mediafire links and upload Evolution to github.com. Put together my own Cygwin install package, because the setup.ini with the install package is old that the Android-Kitchen uses and can cause problems

The reason for using github is because I have better control of issuing updates to the program. Having a github account is not needed but is recommended, that way you can fork the Evolution repository and that way you can pull in any changes I make to the Master without losing any of the changes you've made.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Try number 9, hopefully this Cygwin Package well install for people. It's smaller, about a 189MB's.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
OK I'll try it soon. I tried last time with the 5 separate downloads and it errored out stating it was missing a required file for bash.exe to run. I tried putting that file in place, but it didn't have the pointers needed to work.
So I'll try this again soon an let you know. Thanks for trying, not sure if anyone else is using this other than me. But I appreciate your efforts.

Reactions: EarthnFire78

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

OK I'll try it soon. I tried last time with the 5 separate downloads and it errored out stating it was missing a required file for bash.exe to run. I tried putting that file in place, but it didn't have the pointers needed to work.
So I'll try this again soon an let you know. Thanks for trying, not sure if anyone else is using this other than me. But I appreciate your efforts.

If it does not work let me know and I'll post the instructions for downloading from the mirror site I used, use the Setup.exe to install the packages needed. I do know that that install does not have to be as large as the on the I have. My is only large because of the Unix Terminal command-line executables I have installed on my Linux box, I installed the Cygwin counterpart.

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone got this working for them? Need to know, rather or not to go in the direction I'm wanting to take Evolution.

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I will download this again and start from scratch. I had way to much junk on my laptop. I will let you know how it turns out sometime in the morning.

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Well be releasing an update today for Evolution. Well be removing the option to change rom name from menu, allowing the scripts to build the build.prop. in a similar way that it is done when building from source. Instructions for changing the rom's name well be in the third post, when update is pushed it Evolution's git page.

The boot.img well also be unpacked for both the LS670 and VM670. To convert png's to rle bootimages you well need to have ImageMagik installed.

EDIT: Moving the update to tomorrow.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95