02-07-2017 05:18 PM
192 ... 45678
tools
    Is there a flash zip for the new build prop tweaks I suck at doing stuff manually

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Nope but they're really easy to apply

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    08-17-2012 01:10 PM
    This tweak is way too good. My battery life seems to be significantly improved as a result too. This is without even applying the build.prop tweak. Great stuff, thanks.
    LeoLawliet likes this.
    08-20-2012 01:09 AM
    So, I feel like the total youngling nerd everyone goes "awwwwww he's so clueless :3" to, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do to get this working. Can someone walk me through it?
    I'm running Gingersnap 1.3.
    I suspect I'll need something like Rom Toolbox to mess with build props (what are those, anywho?) So as an inexperienced nooberson, I ask for assistance.
    I want my phone to be buttery smooth!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    irish-68 likes this.
    08-20-2012 10:01 AM
    Okay, just installed via the flash method (I'm on Gingersnap 1.4). So far, it does seem to have a bit more pep, and less lag. Keyboard is much zippier. The oft-sluggish Google Play loads faster. Facebook is still a pig.

Here's what I did:

1. Used File Manager (my fave!) in root mode to check the permissions on egl.cfg. Since I reflashed this past weekend and fixed permissions as part of my usual process, the values were already correct (rw-r-r). Double check anyways.
    2. Nandroid backup, natch.
    3. Flashed mrg666's zip
    4. Reboot normally
    5. For the build.prop tweaks, there's an app for that!

App Build.prop Editor v1.0 xda-developers
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.editor&hl=en

The build.prop editor can also make a backup, just in case.

Entered all the values, but for dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit, I couldn't find that entry. Nor did you mention the correct value to enter. I did nothing with it.

I just added these tweaks and will play around with it, so the final verdict is still out. But so far, my phone is using far less memory and CPU power. Hopefully it stays this way. I love these little tweaks!
    08-20-2012 11:25 AM
    Okay, just installed via the flash method (I'm on Gingersnap 1.4). So far, it does seem to have a bit more pep, and less lag. Keyboard is much zippier. The oft-sluggish Google Play loads faster. Facebook is still a pig.

Here's what I did:

1. Used File Manager (my fave!) in root mode to check the permissions on egl.cfg. Since I reflashed this past weekend and fixed permissions as part of my usual process, the values were already correct (rw-r-r). Double check anyways.
    2. Nandroid backup, natch.
    3. Flashed mrg666's zip
    4. Reboot normally
    5. For the build.prop tweaks, there's an app for that!

App Build.prop Editor v1.0 xda-developers
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.editor&hl=en

The build.prop editor can also make a backup, just in case.

Entered all the values, but for dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit, I couldn't find that entry. Nor did you mention the correct value to enter. I did nothing with it.

I just added these tweaks and will play around with it, so the final verdict is still out. But so far, my phone is using far less memory and CPU power. Hopefully it stays this way. I love these little tweaks!
    I don't remember the dev who posted the build.prop tweaks mentioning anything about adding a value onto vm.heapgrowthlimit, he just left it blank. To be honest I think it's already in the build.prop anyway, it would be kinda pointless to add that one line.

08-20-2012 11:49 AM
    I don't remember the dev who posted the build.prop tweaks mentioning anything about adding a value onto vm.heapgrowthlimit, he just left it blank. To be honest I think it's already in the build.prop anyway, it would be kinda pointless to add that one line.

It was mentioned in your first post:

Edit: try out this build.prop tweak, it speeds things up a bit more.

Open build.prop and add the following
    change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
    dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y,v=n,o=v,u=n
    right below add
    dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit
    then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
    comment out with #
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
    then save
    Didn't know myself, so I just skipped it. Works fine.
    08-20-2012 11:52 AM
    It was mentioned in your first post:

Didn't know myself, so I just skipped it. Works fine.
    Yeah I noticed, I'm just gonna remove it then.

08-20-2012 12:22 PM
    Should I make a thread for this on XDA?

bigsupersquid and EnMod like this.
    08-20-2012 02:01 PM
    what up peeps?... be sure to check your existing build.prop and only change the value if the line already exists... if it doesnt exist, add the line at the end of the prop... leaving the heapgrowthlimit=(blank), leaves the value at default set by cm... most of the time, the value is set in build.prop at =128 (depending on device/os)... i set mine at x2 or x3 of the heapsize... i set heapsize at =32 or =48...
    irish-68 likes this.
    08-20-2012 02:17 PM
    48 seems to work best for me

08-20-2012 02:25 PM
    soo should the build prop look like this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48
    debug.sf.hw=1
    #dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit#
    08-21-2012 01:43 AM
    soo should the build prop look like this

dalvik.vm.heapsize=48
    debug.sf.hw=1
    #dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit#
    Leave out the # at the end of the last line and you're good, it should look like this

#dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit

08-21-2012 05:26 AM
    Should I make a thread for this on XDA?

Be sure to lead people to MRGs zip too.

Also, VMheapsize, what is it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-21-2012 07:07 AM
    Does the -
    debug.sf.hw=1

Come right below this line-
    dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit?

Or does it go somewhere else- also do I need to change the timing thing to make the whole build prop edit work?
    Thanks
    08-21-2012 12:03 PM
    Does the -
    debug.sf.hw=1

Come right below this line-
    dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit?

Or does it go somewhere else- also do I need to change the timing thing to make the whole build prop edit work?
    Thanks
    I used the build.prop editor. Made things easy, even though none of it was in alphabetical order.
    08-21-2012 12:35 PM
    Be sure to lead people to MRGs zip too.

Also, VMheapsize, what is it?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Of course, and proper credit will be given

We made it live here, why not expand? It's already being used in custom roms on the LG myTouch 4G. My concern is people complaining about it causing a bootloop, not all devices have the adreno drivers

08-21-2012 01:45 PM
    i installed via recovery with the vm670egl zip and wouldnt boot to my os i had 2.3 so i just restored from a back up.
    08-26-2012 08:57 PM
    i installed via recovery with the vm670egl zip and wouldnt boot to my os i had 2.3 so i just restored from a back up.
    When in recovery, mount system before flashing. Thus shouldn't cause any bootloops

08-27-2012 01:35 AM
    Just wanted to add that this is successfully working on the Tmobile Gs3. Wow what an improvement. Cant wait for Jelly Bean official OTA - rooted of course. I will be opening a thread in XDA and will give a link to loop back here. Thanks.
    flapjack.fiasco and notown like this.
    08-30-2012 08:48 PM
    Sure, just remember to give proper credit

notown likes this.
    08-30-2012 11:56 PM
    Again to comment, editing your egl.cfg and deleting the android GLES lib will work on Froyo. The part that can cause bootloops would be your dalvik dexopt codes. You'll want "m=y,o=v,u=y" since what code I have omitted is ICS only. First is to use register mapping, then verify optimization, and last is to optimize for uniprocessors. Last bit is special since you've set it to no. Setting it to yes will optimize it for single core phones, otherwise at no its for dual cores and above.

Lastly, you can drop those (any in reality) prop edits into /data/local.prop since whatever is in there takes priority over build.prop for the user. Its alot easier to reverse and is better if you're compiling flashables.

I suggest leaving the egl stuff out. Not all phones have the same GPU and testing with different devices here not all of them will be Adreno200 devices. Best to leave it to the user to delete the lib and remove the android line in egl.cfg.
    LeoLawliet and RTSone like this.
    09-05-2012 04:50 AM
    The flashable one was originally meant for Optimus V and LG myTouch 4G, works perfectly on those. If anyone feels unsafe about flashing it, you can pull the files from the zip and get it all done with Root Explorer.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
    RTSone likes this.
    09-14-2012 07:32 PM
    Hi all, someone could give the file attached? I can't download it
    09-15-2012 06:11 AM
    Hi there
    .. just follow a thread @ xda,they linked to this thread, so this tweak should generally work with adreno 200 gpu?
    I own a E10i which runs under CM10 Android 4.1.1.. is this compatible or has the ROM to be an ICS one?
    Edit: try out this build.prop tweak, it speeds things up a bit more.

Open build.prop and add the following
    change dalvik.vm.dexopt-flags=m=y TO
    right below add
    then change windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec = 300
    comment out with #
    dalvik.vm.heapgrowthlimit
    then save
    Is this with the X10 mini possible too, or only reserved for LG devices..??

Thank you, if necessary, please move the questions into right corner. thx

E:
    The flashable one was originally meant for Optimus V and LG myTouch 4G, works perfectly on those. If anyone feels unsafe about flashing it, you can pull the files from the zip and get it all done with Root Explorer.
    Ok thank you, what about the entries/changes as described above, do I have to open named file via Root explorer by using the terminal? hm

One point.. cyanogen10 implies a setting called "force GPU rendering in 2D".. doesnt archieve this exactly the same result, which can be reached through the tweak??

Thanks in advance for enlightenment
    09-15-2012 10:26 AM
    Did anyone try this on HTC HD2?
    09-15-2012 11:47 AM
192 ... 45678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD