Black screen when phone rings

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Mirage and sometimes, when my phone rings, the screen is blank and I have to press the buttons to make it show.

Anyone else have that issue?

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had this issue, but not only on Mirage. I've had it, occasionally, on every ROM as far as I can remember. It's been so long since I've run the stock ROM, I can't remember if I ever encountered it there.

I would imagine it has something to do with the phone waking up from deep sleep and taking to long to do it. If you find a way to reproduce it reliably, you should post something in the Mirage thread about it. mrg666 is pretty quick to respond.

BLUE95

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? There is a proximity sensor just down and to the left of the speaker. Sometimes the screen protector interferes with it and thinks the phone is near your face when it's actually detecting the screen protector. The sensor is hard to see but can be seen in the right light.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? There is a proximity sensor just down and to the left of the speaker. Sometimes the screen protector interferes with it and thinks the phone is near your face when it's actually detecting the screen protector. The sensor is hard to see but can be seen in the right light.

If the issue is the same one that I've experienced, it's not a turned off screen, it's still back-lit, but it's black, as if it's still working on getting to the answer call screen but hasn't made it there yet.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the same problem sometimes on Ics Quat... like itll take about 3 seconds for the screen to come on

AOKP or CM9? I have this problem pretty consistently with AOKP. I never make any logcats these days, so I haven't tried to isolate the problem. We've obviously got kernel issues for the moment, so I'm not too worried about it. I can usually still get to the call in time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87