POLL: Is the 'Black screen with custom recovery' thread obsolete?

Is the 'fix black screen with custom recovery' thread obsolete?

• Total voters

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps if we mounted an organized campaign to make Koush aware. Maybe, just maybe, if enough of us contacted him, we could get a response. If we did get him to change the recovery, we wouldn't have to worry about this anymore.

If there's any kind of positive response to this idea, I'll start a thread so we can organize and just generally bug the hell out of him until he does something. Anyone up to the challenge?:p

Do it! On AC, XDA, and androidforums.com and any small forum supporting this phone.

Sent from my Optimus V running Optimus S firmware on MetroPCS

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: POLL: Is the 'Black screen with custom recovery' thread obsol

Do it! On AC, XDA, and androidforums.com and any small forum supporting this phone.

i think he's more the IRC than forum type.
he was hassled pretty extensively when the problem was identified. good luck!
at least it doesn't bork /all/ the OV's, just the new ones. the sprint optimus has even worse twitchiness with rom manager and it's /still/ on the Market (play, or whatever they call it now.)
i doubt he could be "bothered" to fix it.
an awesome dev, he is, but not very responsive to the optimus s/v crowd historically.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
i think he's more the IRC than forum type.
he was hassled pretty extensively when the problem was identified. good luck!
at least it doesn't bork /all/ the OV's, just the new ones. the sprint optimus has even worse twitchiness with rom manager and it's /still/ on the Market (play, or whatever they call it now.)
i doubt he could be "bothered" to fix it.
an awesome dev, he is, but not very responsive to the optimus s/v crowd historically.

I meant to get everyone on board with bothering the dev for him to fix it...the faster his inbox gets full with emails, the faster he'll do something.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

I meant to get everyone on board with bothering the dev for him to fix it...the faster his inbox gets full with emails, the faster he'll do something.

Or he'll make Rom Manager drop support completely.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm gonna gather some contact information up, and do a little more research before I start a thread. If anyone already has any kind of additional contact info for Koush, or any interesting ideas on how to go about this, please feel free to PM me!

Reactions: sammyz

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I've got some decent contact information, I think. Now I'm just formulating some methods of approach. I will start a thread soon.

Reactions: cole2kb